• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible GTA 6 and Bully 2 leaks (Contains RDR2 Spoilers)

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
  • WARNING RDR 2 SPOILERS involved

• The next GTA title has been in development since 2012 (1 year before GTA 5 launched). Production didn't actually pick up properly until mid 2015. Even then it was on ice while the teams focused on RDR2.
  • It's another Rockstar Worldwide Production, not just one or two studios, but all.
  • Codename is PROJECT AMERICAS.
  • Set in both Vice City and a new fictional location based on Rio de Janeiro, with some linear missions taking place in Liberty City (not open world), think Ludendorff in GTAV. Also been recently hearing about Cuba but I ain’t sure?
  • Game will balance realism and arcade. WON'T be as realistic as RDR2.
  • One playable protagonist this time. Male, not female, despite supposed leaks.
  • Set in 1970s-1980s.
  • You play as an up and coming drug lord-wannabe named "Ricardo". Another key character called “Kacey” is a part of the narrative. You start off as a grunt doing runs as a cocaine smuggler from Vice City to the new large South American area before making connections with big time drug lords and making your way up. Multiple cities. There will also be a GIANT prison which will play a part in the game.
  • Will feature a “CHAPTER” system similar to a Tarantino flick or RDR2.
  • Weather is a heavy focus. Hurricanes, floods, etc.
  • Buildings change over the eras, vehicles too. This causes headaches apparently but they managed to nail a pipeline and get it working. So older, rare classic cars get more expensive as time progresses etc. Full economy. Next level.
  • HEAVILY inspired by Netflix's Narcos.
  • They want to have an incredible 70s/80s soundtrack, but jury is still out on that one.
  • A younger Martin Madrazo will make an appearance as will his father who is a big drug lord at the time. You do some missions for the Madrazo family involving hits on other gangs.
  • Drug empire building is a mechanic similar to Vice City Stories but bigger. MUCH bigger. Think the GTAOnline system and dial it up to 10. There you have it.
  • You can only have weapons on your person. No arsenal in your back pocket. Think RDR2 and Max Payne 3.
  • Your personal vehicle (similar to GTA5 but can now change it) will be like your horse saddle in RDR2. All your equipment is stored in the trunk. Similar to LA Noire. You also store your body armour in the car. If you wear it, it appears, no longer just an invisible thing lol.
  • There will be tons of subtitle reading. Think Max Payne 3 amounts. Because the characters speak the language they're native to. Very immersive. Like watching an episode of Narcos. Whenever you're in South America, don't expect to hear much English. Vice City however is a mix of everything. Mostly English though.
  • Last bit of narrative info, it will discuss topics such as HIV and the immigration crisis of the time. A fictional version of Fidel Castro etc. Though I’ll be PISSED if our protagonist dies from AIDS or some shit like Arthur died of TB😂
  • Next Gen only. Not PS4/XB1.
  • Game is now their primary focus, alongside another title (which I believe to be Bully 2).
  • Game is still in Pre-Alpha so names, locations, details could and probably will change.
  • No ETA on a release date.

For Bully 2

Yes. Play as Jimmy. You’re a freshman. University. That’s all I got told about that. That’s all I wanna know. Big Bully fan. Don’t want any spoilers or potential let down from fake rumours.

legit or fake?

Last edited:

PrimeTime

this seems fake. How could game development start for next gen systems years before the specs were finalized. Why would Rockstar sell a game this expensive to produce on a platform with 0 users and forgoe a hundred million users on current gen? Not buying it.

this seems fake. How could game development start for next gen systems years before the specs were finalized. Why would Rockstar sell a game this expensive to produce on a platform with 0 users and forgoe a hundred million users on current gen? Not buying it.
You must don’t know how powerful GTA is and its impact on the gaming community

Kenpachii

Takes probably multiple years to finish, i could see them ride the GTA 5 train for next gen start, then mid gen launch gta 6.

cryptoadam

Banned
TBH sounds like its going in a direction I don't really like. I don't know I feel like its going to go way into the realisim direction and be ultra serious.

Will Rockstar for once at least fix the goddamn controls in their games though? Thats the big question. Because they still think its PS2 days with how the characters control. At least don't make me press X all the time to sprint LOL

mitch1971

The RDR2 Spoiler is unnecessary. Taking it out won't detract from the point of the post. Get rid of it so people can read about GTA without fear of reading that spoiler.

Red Dead 2 has been out for over 6 months at this point. I feel like if you don't play a game from the most zeitgeist-esque developers within the first 6 months of release, you only have yourself to blame for spoilers. Especially if the post is about the next game by that developer.

That said, these leaks reek of being fake. It just doesn't gel with the identity GTA has carved for itself, especially since GTAV swung away from GTAIV's realism in favor of a more zany, less grounded world. To turn to an even more limited gun system than any other GTA (barring maybe the 2D titles which I never played) doesn't feel in line with the evolution of GTA we've seen. Returning to the 80s would also cut down on vehicle choices as modern day allows classic vehicles (70s/80s) style to coexist with modern vehicle styles. I just don't see how GTAVI could shy from the amount of freedom GTAV had, as GTA's defining characteristic is the freedom to do whatever you want in the open world. Is it possible? Sure. But I highly doubt it is. Especially since in the six years since GTAV's release, a lot more satirical avenues have opened for Rockstar to continue a modern-day take. I just can't see them removing the cell phone/internet mechanics considering how core they have been since GTAIV and especially with how crucial they were for GTA Online to do what it does.

SonGoku

Full economy. Next level
Reads like next level micro transactions

Next Gen only. Not PS4/XB1.
and all is right with the world

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

decisions

Eh, after RDR2 was basically the best game ever I'm kind of soured on the idea of GTA. Of course no doubt they have extreme financial incentive to keep GTA going, but I would be more excited to hear rumors about something more adventurous. A game that builds on L.A. Noire, Max Payne 4, return to Agent, new IP, etc...

I don't suggest RDR3 because it's gonna be a looooong time before they come up with a wild rest redemption story better than Arthur Morgan's, if ever.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

Red Dead 2 has been out for over 6 months at this point. I feel like if you don't play a game from the most zeitgeist-esque developers within the first 6 months of release, you only have yourself to blame for spoilers. Especially if the post is about the next game by that developer.

That said, these leaks reek of being fake. It just doesn't gel with the identity GTA has carved for itself, especially since GTAV swung away from GTAIV's realism in favor of a more zany, less grounded world. To turn to an even more limited gun system than any other GTA (barring maybe the 2D titles which I never played) doesn't feel in line with the evolution of GTA we've seen. Returning to the 80s would also cut down on vehicle choices as modern day allows classic vehicles (70s/80s) style to coexist with modern vehicle styles. I just don't see how GTAVI could shy from the amount of freedom GTAV had, as GTA's defining characteristic is the freedom to do whatever you want in the open world. Is it possible? Sure. But I highly doubt it is. Especially since in the six years since GTAV's release, a lot more satirical avenues have opened for Rockstar to continue a modern-day take. I just can't see them removing the cell phone/internet mechanics considering how core they have been since GTAIV and especially with how crucial they were for GTA Online to do what it does.

They can split gta and gtaonline into two separate products. F2p is how you maximise revenue in the micro transaction fueled online shooter mayhem multiplayer games anyway, while keeping full price for the singleplayer.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
You obviously don't know how gaming development works.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
We should hear more about the next GTA, 80's in the west sounds very captivating though

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Who wants more GTA at this point? The last two were so boring, give me Bully 2 before all.
In my opinion, these days R* is more in to making games with sim mechanics for sake of "immersion" as we saw with their latest game, so even they do make Bully 2 they might still go for simulation like gameplay.

Kaby

Banned
What do you think? GTA VI will only be available on the next generation consoles? (PS5 etc)

Last edited:

Fluzer

Banned
In my opinion, these days R* is more in to making games with sim mechanics for sake of "immersion" as we saw with their latest game, so even they do make Bully 2 they might still go for simulation like gameplay.
I liked RDR 2 but GTA 4 & 5 were so boring because they didn't have any good characters or story to carry the mediocre gameplay. Bully 1 was focused on arcade and silly fun, Bully 2 should continue that style.

bigol

Females are involved in criminal activities too, you know. If Rockstar with GTA VI decided to go that way to give a bit more variety to its series would have been good in my opinion.

• WARNING RDR 2 SPOILERS involved

• The next GTA title has been in development since 2012 (1 year before GTA 5 launched). Production didn't actually pick up properly until mid 2015. Even then it was on ice while the teams focused on RDR2.
  • It's another Rockstar Worldwide Production, not just one or two studios, but all.
  • Codename is PROJECT AMERICAS.
  • Set in both Vice City and a new fictional location based on Rio de Janeiro, with some linear missions taking place in Liberty City (not open world), think Ludendorff in GTAV. Also been recently hearing about Cuba but I ain’t sure?
  • Game will balance realism and arcade. WON'T be as realistic as RDR2.
  • One playable protagonist this time. Male, not female, despite supposed leaks.
  • Set in 1970s-1980s.
  • You play as an up and coming drug lord-wannabe named "Ricardo". Another key character called “Kacey” is a part of the narrative. You start off as a grunt doing runs as a cocaine smuggler from Vice City to the new large South American area before making connections with big time drug lords and making your way up. Multiple cities. There will also be a GIANT prison which will play a part in the game.
  • Will feature a “CHAPTER” system similar to a Tarantino flick or RDR2.
  • Weather is a heavy focus. Hurricanes, floods, etc.
  • Buildings change over the eras, vehicles too. This causes headaches apparently but they managed to nail a pipeline and get it working. So older, rare classic cars get more expensive as time progresses etc. Full economy. Next level.
  • HEAVILY inspired by Netflix's Narcos.
  • They want to have an incredible 70s/80s soundtrack, but jury is still out on that one.
  • A younger Martin Madrazo will make an appearance as will his father who is a big drug lord at the time. You do some missions for the Madrazo family involving hits on other gangs.
  • Drug empire building is a mechanic similar to Vice City Stories but bigger. MUCH bigger. Think the GTAOnline system and dial it up to 10. There you have it.
  • You can only have weapons on your person. No arsenal in your back pocket. Think RDR2 and Max Payne 3.
  • Your personal vehicle (similar to GTA5 but can now change it) will be like your horse saddle in RDR2. All your equipment is stored in the trunk. Similar to LA Noire. You also store your body armour in the car. If you wear it, it appears, no longer just an invisible thing lol.
  • There will be tons of subtitle reading. Think Max Payne 3 amounts. Because the characters speak the language they're native to. Very immersive. Like watching an episode of Narcos. Whenever you're in South America, don't expect to hear much English. Vice City however is a mix of everything. Mostly English though.
  • Last bit of narrative info, it will discuss topics such as HIV and the immigration crisis of the time. A fictional version of Fidel Castro etc. Though I’ll be PISSED if our protagonist dies from AIDS or some shit like Arthur died of TB😂
  • Next Gen only. Not PS4/XB1.
  • Game is now their primary focus, alongside another title (which I believe to be Bully 2).
  • Game is still in Pre-Alpha so names, locations, details could and probably will change.
  • No ETA on a release date.

For Bully 2

Yes. Play as Jimmy. You’re a freshman. University. That’s all I got told about that. That’s all I wanna know. Big Bully fan. Don’t want any spoilers or potential let down from fake rumours.

legit or fake?

Jeez, what a massive disappointment Would be for me if true :(
I have a problem with GTAs set in the past after V, and I have difficult times trying to imagine one after the previous chapter in our modern days
Also, multiple protagonists is a feature I loved, and the various rumors about a playable girl made me dream about a Bonnie & Clyde / Dick and Jane robbers couple who acts in a modern day, spectacular vice city
Especially after rdr2 improvements, my dreams were even bigger
I'm afraid this could be real tho, the thing about R* not wanting to mess anymore with modern politics I think is real, and considering the last two games were set in modern days, R* changing and go in the past again is like 99. 9% likely
Sad, so Sad for me, I'd wait the first price drop, and sucks to not have a proper GTA on a console with a Monster installed base

A GTA 6 launched in combo with new consoles Would probably have a 1:1 ratio GTA 6/console sold, almost every gamer would take the console with this game

Last edited:

Acidizer

Banned
Sounds promising if any of it is true.

I hope the vehicles handle more realistically this time. i.e. turn from the actual wheels not a central pivot point. That destroyed GTA V for me.

Last edited:

Eimran

Instead of alternating your title, just delete the RDR2 spoiler as it adds nothing relevant to this leak.

It's because of people like you why I stayed off the internet for two weeks so It could finish the game spoiler-free

stranno

I think the Bully Anniversary Android/iOS exclusive version joke has gone too far. Seriously Rockstar, port the damn game to PC. Nobody likes Scholarship Edition.

Going to take this with a huge pinch of salt but I like the sound of this. Glad R* went with a male protag rather than giving into SJW outrage (lol. This is R*)

Banned
I've pointed this out in a different thread but in order for any wishlist-style "leaks" to be factual, the leaker would need to have gotten information directly from multiple departments and teams, and heads of said departments at that, which logistically has slim chances of happening.

Blue Apple

Females are involved in criminal activities too, you know. If Rockstar with GTA VI decided to go that way to give a bit more variety to its series would have been good in my opinion.

The criminal world is like the sports world. Women play sports, but men are better.

bigol

The criminal world is like the sports world. Women play sports, but men are better.

Ok, i don't agree. Anyway this is a videogame, a bit more variation compared to the usual male GTA main character theme wouldn't be a bad thing.

They showed they can do good female characters with Sadie.

Going to take this with a huge pinch of salt but I like the sound of this. Glad R* went with a male protag rather than giving into SJW outrage (lol. This is R*)
Now having a female main character is giving into SJW outrage?

Last edited:
Clunky piece of shit controls shouldn't be confused for realism.
I don't think the controls are what is being referred to, rather the systems. Requiring the player to change outfits when moving across the map to maintain the character's temperature is an aspect of realism, as is needing to maintain the character and horse through feeding, sleeping, and general maintenance routines (brushing the horse to increase its mood because its dirty, for example), and the limited arsenal the character can carry in relation to previous titles (requiring building/buying a second holster to hold a second pistol or making sure to take the right weapon off of your horse for the ensuing combat sequence or be left without it). Like it or not, Red Dead 2 features a lot of aspects of realism, so much so that someone can complain about the game being realistic and everyone reading it should reasonably understand what the person is actually complaining about.

That said, I enjoyed the mechanics in Red Dead 2 but I definitely don't think they would fit in GTA at all, which as I've mentioned before is a series that is mostly predicated on the idea that the player can do whatever the hell they want. Aspects of realism such as those found in Red Dead 2 would severely hamper the freedom of what a player can do in the world.

Ozrimandias

This leak seems fake but some things really got me like:

1970 / 1980 : In Cuba then Vice City. // That would be a Dream come true, revisiting Vice City with actual graphics sounds amazing

No female character: That would be brave, hope that this works if true

Inspired by Narcos: Im in. // GTAIV inspired by The Sopranos - GTAV inspired by Breaking Bad - GTAVI Inspired by Narcos, yeah!

Blue Apple

Ok, i don't agree.

In real life and fiction, the baddest, toughest, most intimidating, and most believable criminals are men.

Anyway this is a videogame, a bit more variation compared to the usual male GTA main character theme wouldn't be a bad thing.

If they have a female protagonist, I'm worried it will end up being cringey by having a woman who is beating up a bunch of men. I want the characters to be believable. This is what I don't want...

NreOsT2.jpg

Top Bottom