• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible console revision for Xbox One S "V2"

Allandor

Hmm at $299.99, if this is true it could be like this :

Xbox one S $299.99
Xbox Series S $399.99
Xbox Series X $499.99+

With the current gen, MS also released the xbox 360 in new smaller formfactor. This is nothing strange. But I don't think they will release a 7nm shrink. Maybe just a new case.

Eliciel

Hmm at $299.99, if this is true it could be like this :

Xbox one S $299.99
Xbox Series S $399.99
Xbox Series X $499.99+

I don't really know how this course of action would make sense.
What would a Series S be exactly then in terms of power and what would a one S become?
399 is a lot of money for not being competitive vs. the bigger brothers..

JimboJones

I don't really know how this course of action would make sense.
What would a Series S be exactly then in terms of power and what would a one S become?
399 is a lot of money for not being competitive vs. the bigger brothers..

One S last gen, budget console
Series S next gen graphics @ 1080p
Series X next gen graphics @ 4K

They had those really cut back xbox360 and PS3s late into their life cycles probably same thing here.
But 299 still seems kinda high for a budget last gen system.

THE:MILKMAN

Let's just hope it is a disguised named Series S as otherwise this means either/both the Series S is more expensive (and likely XSX too) and coming out next year.

If all these consoles are coming out at $400-$600+ during these times it is going to be some show.

Eliciel

One S last gen, budget console
Series S next gen graphics @ 1080p
Series X next gen graphics @ 4K

They had those really cut back xbox360 and PS3s late into their life cycles probably same thing here.
But 299 still seems kinda high for a budget last gen system.

Yes, I agree and that's the Main issue I See. 299 is high for a budget 1080p console...

Mmnow

Looks like a placeholder for Lockhart.
Gotta agree. I can get a One S new for about this now, so unless we're missing some key info, this is a Series S.

My favourite part of this theory is that someone at Microsoft finally went "Better throw them off the scent - don't want anyone guessing the Series S exists."

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
It's a new entry and not in stock, so Lockhart $300 quasi confirmed. Also PS5 doomed ;]

Last edited:

The Shepard

How much is a one s normally in the USA?

This is the price the one X should have been and they should have discontinued this trash heap of a console.

The ones s was probably more profitable and selling more.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
As I predicted in another thread last week, this is why those white Series S controllers are already in stores.

The One S will come bundled with them.

INC

how many xbx is that now

Honestly I have no idea what xbx is what currently

Whats the premium xbx next gen? Xbox series x?

What's the point of releasing a new One S if you are releasing the Series S. Nothing Xbox One related should continue to be $299 with new consoles coming out.

Dane

It's likely the SKU, perhaps with the new controller, apparently there was a stock issue for last month according to Matt from NPD.

Hairsplash

IMO the only possible revision would be a Xbox 1 x with the faster CPU and ssd... (and a GPUthat is the “same” as the Xbox 1 x ) so the “v2” or Lockhart is essentially an Xbox V12 X ,lol, get it? a “V12” engine that combines both the Xbox one one and Xbox one two...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Is it fucking Lockhart? Or is it Xbox One X inside the white chassis? Cause selling XB1 OG specs in 2020 is sure bold move. Even though at the 2013 Xbox reveal we got X360-E too...

Top Bottom