• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal Level 00 REMAKE in Unreal Engine 5

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Now, an environment artist has recently recreated the first level of Portal in Unreal Engine 5 with modernized visuals, high-resolution textures, and Ray-Tracing, which could be a good signal for passionate modders that how great a remake of Portal would look like in UE5.

While Alfred Beddow has done an incredible job recreating Portal in Unreal Engine 5 with 8K textures, it is not going to be a full project, which means there wouldn’t be a playable version of it.

This Portal remake is only a demo to show what Unreal Engine 5 is capable of as well as the quality of the artist’s work in this brand new engine from Epic Games.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
"it is not going to be a full project, which means there wouldn’t be a playable version of it."

ok we'll see ya.

Goon_Bong

I think there are some creative and clever people that are able to drum out content in UE5, but the tech demos are getting old. They need to make something worth playing. Even if it’s only 10 minutes worth.

Fuz

Banned
6qmuyf.jpg

Robb

Gold Member
Looks nice, but I’m not a fan of the look of the actual portals. No need for those particle effects imo, original portals looks better

Portal 2 might have been a better choice for a remake like this though since there’s a bit more to work with on that one, i.e. foliage etc.

Top Bottom