• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Porsche Vision Gran Turismo - GT7 Exclusive New Car

kyliethicc

"Besides being Porsche’s first concept car exclusively designed for Polyphony Digital’s Gran Turismo, the Vision GT is also an important design study for the future of Porsche’s electric sports cars. As suggested by the designers, the vehicle had to be compact in dimensions, lightweight, and efficient while incorporating the design language of Porsche.

During Vision GT’s launch, Peter Varga, Director of Exterior Design at Porsche AG, said: “The Porsche Vision Gran Turismo is more than just a gaming fantasy. It is a realistic look into the future that will definitely help us with development in the years ahead”. Those words suggest that the lines of the concept car could be interpreted in a future production sportscar, although in a more subtle manner since the extreme proportions of the Vision GT would be too extreme outside the digital tracks of Gran Turismo."

kim kardashian e! GIF by KUWTK

kyliethicc

Amazing how GT went from no Porsche to a VisionGT version.

It looks like a futuristic CarreraGT
Had EA to thank for that in the past.

Mr Moose

Amazing how GT went from no Porsche to a VisionGT version.

It looks like a futuristic CarreraGT
Had EA to thank for that in the past.

https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/RUF :messenger_grinning_sweat: sorry

Last edited:

Aenima

Kinda old news.

But for the ones that didnt noticed, this car is one of the cover cars. The other is the Mazda RX-Vision GT3. Looks nice, i especially like the visibility from inside the cockpit. But there are other Vision GT cars that i like more visually.

8qqr31elsg451.jpg

Last edited:

Fredrik

Looking good! 🤗

But electric cars are such snoozefests in games since you sense no G-force from the insane performance and you hear nothing from the engine.
Just look at this:

Up at 300+ km/h before the… speed bump

Fredrik

Audi E-Tron Vision GT has an excelent sound and is full electric too.

Game version

Real version

Excellent like a nice vacuum cleaner!
Seriously though it’s something but I don’t like it, I want the engine growl, and it’s totally stressing me out when there are no gears, I’m just thinking ”next gear… okay, next gear now… next gear! seriously, next gear!! NEXT GEEEEAR!!!” 😖

kyliethicc

I don't think so:

lol

I literally just booted up GT Sport and did a clean lap around the Nurburgring in the Audi E Tron Vision Gran Turismo fully electric racecar.

My lap time: 6 minutes and 26.046 seconds.

That Telsa Model S Plaid lap time: 7 minutes and 35.579 seconds.

The Tesla Model S Plaid is too heavy. Over 4700 lbs. 1020 hp.

The Audi E Tron Vision Gran Turismo is under 3200 lbs. 803 hp.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
lol

I literally just booted up GT Sport and did a clean lap around the Nurburgring in the Audi E Tron Vision Gran Turismo fully electric racecar.

My lap time: 6 minutes and 26.046 seconds.

That Telsa Model S Plaid lap time: 7 minutes and 35.579 seconds.

The Tesla Model S Plaid is too heavy. Over 4700 lbs. 1020 hp.

The Audi E Tron Vision Gran Turismo is under 3200 lbs. 803 hp.

Ah right, I was thinking about regular cars, not race cars.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Excellent like a nice vacuum cleaner!
Seriously though it’s something but I don’t like it, I want the engine growl, and it’s totally stressing me out when there are no gears, I’m just thinking ”next gear… okay, next gear now… next gear! seriously, next gear!! NEXT GEEEEAR!!!” 😖
You live in the past. The future of cars are electric. Combustion engines are oooold tech - like 1800's old. They don't stand a chance going forward.

You can always make you own sounds..

Caio

The car is sexy, sure, but the only thing I want is PD taking advantage of PS5 hardware as much as possible, considering it's a crossgen Game.
Any info about differences between the PS4 and PS5 version in terms of "more advanced physics/handling simulation" ? Or we should expect the same exact game, with improved graphics and sound ? Devs should implement scalability not only in the graphics department, but also in other aspects of the Game, such as the ones I mentioned above, and much more, in a racing game, most of all when you have such a difference in CPU power. Sure it would cost more, and a lot more effort in coding two different versions, but I think Granturismo would pay off in the long run.
Ok this is what I would love and it will never happen, sadly, in a crossgen Game, but at least I hope in "something" more in the PS5 Version, apart from graphics and sound. Anyway, I cannot wait !

Last edited:

kyliethicc

The car is sexy, sure, but the only thing I want is PD taking advantage of PS5 hardware as much as possible, considering it's a crossgen Game.
Any info about differences between the PS4 and PS5 version in terms of "more advanced physics/handling simulation" ? Or we should expect the same exact game, with improved graphics and sound ? Devs should implement scalability not only in the graphics department, but also in other aspects of the Game, such as the ones I mentioned above, and much more, in a racing game, most of all when you have such a difference in CPU power. Sure it would cost more, and a lot more effort in coding two different versions, but I think Granturismo would pay off in the long run.
Ok this is what I would love and it will never happen, sadly, in a crossgen Game, but at least I hope in "something" more in the PS5 Version, apart from graphics and sound. Anyway, I cannot wait !

The physics and controls have been improved from GT Sport. More precise. There's a new real time weather and time of day simulation.

“Everything from the temperature, to the humidity, to the surface temperature of the track, to the cars passing over puddles to spray the water off the track. All those new things are implemented and calculated within the physics.” - Kaz

The PS4 and PS5 versions will be the same content wise. The PS5 version has the higher detail models and environments, the better controller, higher resolution, RT, better audio, and much faster load times. I'd imagine there will be cross gen multiplayer. Hence the content parity.

Fredrik

You live in the past. The future of cars are electric. Combustion engines are oooold tech - like 1800's old. They don't stand a chance going forward.

I know I’m a dinosaur, I love noisy cars, the deeper growl the better it is 🥰
Just reflecting on how I think it all works in games. The cool thing with electric cars is the insane and never-ending acceleration. Can’t be felt through a game. Just feels empty. Around launch I saw someone that thought it was a sound bug when he got an electric car in FH5 😅

The past was so much more fun than the present or future. I'll take an American V8 over and electric car any day.
Besides electric cars lack range and only make good city commuters at the moment.

Unknown?

You know they had electric cars back in the early 1900s too right? Steam, combustion, and electric were all competing for a time. Also how long are we going to have cobalt for those batteries?

8BiTw0LF

Banned
The past was so much more fun than the present or future. I'll take an American V8 over and electric car any day.
Besides electric cars lack range and only make good city commuters at the moment.
I'll bet a Tesla Model S Plaid will get you faster from A to B - no matter where you want to go - even if it's 3000 miles. An american V8 wouldn't even catch up when it's charge time for the Tesla :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You know they had electric cars back in the early 1900s too right? Steam, combustion, and electric were all competing for a time. Also how long are we going to have cobalt for those batteries?
I know, I've seen documentaries on how the oil and car industry killed the electric car over and over again.

On cobalt:

Top Bottom