• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polyphony update: changes, new content, apology and goodwill gesture

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/25/gran-turismo-7-an-update-from-polyphony-digital/#sf254892831

Thank you for your continued support and feedback on Gran Turismo 7, your voices have not gone unheard. I would like to apologize for the frustration and confusion caused last week with our patch updates which resulted in, not only a server outage but also adjustments to the in-game economy which were made without a clear explanation to our community.

We know that this is not the Gran Turismo experience you expect and we will be making a goodwill gesture in the form of a non-paid credit pack of 1 million Cr. available to those players who may have been affected*. You will see this hit your accounts shortly. Make sure you log into the game before April 25 to claim the credits.

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:

• Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
  • Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
  • Increase of rewards in Online Races.
  • Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
  • Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
  • Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.

Beyond this there will be a few additional patches deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and tracks and make some other fixes. Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term updates we are working on.

• Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
  • Further World Circuit event additions.
  • Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
  • Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
  • Make it so cars can be sold.

Ceadeus

What were they thinking?!

Frustrated Angry Video Game Nerd GIF

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Respect.

Watch folks try to find something to cry about with this too. Be like "ok, but you still need to win races...UNFAIR" lol

Shit, watch Souls players start asking for that easy mode after this lol

Start? They're always doing that. From/Miyazaki don't care.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
All good changes, but they don't address the main issue of it being a primarily single player experience which is forced to be online.

All of these issues surrounding the MTX strategy would have to he resolved to fix this, because the only reason this single player game is online only is to support the MTX packs and the system design nudging players towards it.

Saaleh

Banned
[Locked Content/Rewards] isn't an issue in GT compared to other ridiculous games. It seems that many loud people JUST want GT to feel rewarding in a FASTER pattern. Those who are not addicted to GT or those who don't have a lot of time or those who don't want to play GT for years, all will feel happier now. It feels like as if Elden ring made an easy mode . PD decided to make these loud people to feel happy so that both can move on. So sure, why not, as long as people are happy and i agree with this decision. I never bought MTX in my life and never will and i hate these systems and wish they are GONE. But I'm talking about the content while ignoring that greedy system. PD releases cars maps updates..etc regularly and all the content can be accessed without MTX, that's what i'm talking about. So these loud voices better strike other games too. I hate this Unproportioned user review bombing and backlash , check other user scores of other games with the ''same'' issue and we don't see this same AGGRESSIVE collective treatment.

FUCK!

I fucking can't stand "free money", it was the same bullshit when I got the game and they automatically added a bunch of cars and money. How come we don't get a choice if we wanna cheat or not? fucking ridicules.
One of the Negatives is that people like you will have a bad feeling for at least few days xD.

Last edited:

Markio128

I’m not fussed about the million credits, but from experience with GT Sport, I know we’ll be getting a regular supply of new cars and tracks; if these are free as they were before, then I’m not complaining. Oh, we should have had online time trials from day 1 though Kaz. That’s my main beef with the game at the moment.

Miles708

All good changes, but they don't address the main issue of it being a primarily single player experience which is forced to be online.

All of these issues surrounding the MTX strategy would have to he resolved to fix this, because the only reason this single player game is online only is to support the MTX packs and the system design nudging players towards it.

That's the central point of the discussion, nice post.

Klik

I currently use Logitech G29. Is it a big difference going to Fanatec CSL DD GT? I know for ACC/Iracing is probably big difference but since GT 7 is not a full sim i wonder if its worth it?

Three

It's puzzling that it had to come to this, no idea who greenlit the game in its launch state, but kudos for listening.
In its launch state everything was fine it's the balancing they did to select single player race earnings that started the shitstorm. It was -183,000 net credits or something over all the rebalanced races. Now they are increasing race earnings by 100% and adding new events. Just goes to show that 183,000 wasn't doing anything significant to the economy but just balancing all races to discourage people from doing the same race over and over.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm sure once a few months pass, or a year or so they will be able to tweak the pay outs to be more in line with what they want and milk the remaining players.

But, it goes to show how important it is to speak up over genuine bullshit as the combined gaming voice can and will win out.

ToadMan

Well PD had a creditable record with GTS support. Seems they’re following through on that with GT7 so far.

I personally expected that support, but evidently a number of concerned individuals here didn’t ….

Biggest thing for me is new cars and tracks coming in April already… GT7 could be giant if it gets the equivalent expansion as GTS did.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Respect.

Watch folks try to find something to cry about with this too. Be like "ok, but you still need to win races...UNFAIR" lol

Shit, watch Souls players start asking for that easy mode after this lol
You are just butt hurt that Kaz listened to the feedback as even he realized it was not up to GT games standard and he was wrong before.
People on Gaf have been right about the gaas-ification of GT7. It has nothing to do with easy mode or anything.

Skifi28

In its launch state everything was fine it's the balancing they did to select single player race earnings that started the shitstorm. It was -183,000 net credits or something over all the rebalanced races. Now they are increasing race earnings by 100% and adding new events. Just goes to show that 183,000 wasn't doing anything significant to the economy but just balancing all races to discourage people from doing the same race over and over.
It wasn't fine at all, the issues ran much deeper than a few nerfed events. That was just a symptom rather than the actual cause which was the design of the economy itself. There was a total lack of events in general even compared to something as barebones as Sport. The rewards were terrible across the board compared to the price increase many cars suffered between games, which was funneling players towards farming a certain rally event with twice the rewards than anything else which of course ended up getting nerfed (probably both a bug and a good thing in the grand scheme of things, the last thing you want to farm in GT is dirt races). The overall credit limit was also too low for how expensive cars were, the used dealership was too slow to refresh while the legend dealership carried too few cars at a time meaning you'd need to wait 2-3 months to have a chance of buying an expensive car if you missed it. It's like they put the game together but nobody actually tried it past the cafe races to see if it was fun, or even possible to actually collect cars.

Last edited:
I currently use Logitech G29. Is it a big difference going to Fanatec CSL DD GT? I know for ACC/Iracing is probably big difference but since GT 7 is not a full sim i wonder if its worth it?
Yes there will be a difference, because you're going from motorised FFB to belt driven. The feeling is different but you'll get used to it soon enough. :)

ZywyPL

Banned
You are just butt hurt that Kaz listened to the feedback as even he realized it was not up to GT games standard and he was wrong before.
People on Gaf have been right about the gaas-ification of GT7. It has nothing to do with easy mode or anything.

I honestly don't think it was Kaz' decision about always online and MTX to begin with, rather something forced on him by the upper management. Either way, it's good to see they realized they fucked up and are taking the right moves to fix their mistakes.

Markio128

I’ll probably splurge my million creds on the second hand market; I don’t know why, but I love the pre-owned cars. I don’t have much interest atm with brand central and the legendary car garage. I actually have the most fun driving classic road cars and upgrading them. I’m currently in love with my 1980s BMW M3.

Top Bottom