• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polyphony Digital is “Considering” Releasing Gran Turismo on PC

Griffon

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Celcius

°Temp. member
I doubt they do this, but if they do then it’s time for me to stop investing in PlayStation and go PC only.

Edit: well having a PS is probably still worth it if you don’t want to wait years later for a PC port.

Last edited:

Filben

Has any racing game had a great online system? pricks can always ruin an online experience in racing.
Assetto Corsa Competizione supports several server settings. On some servers you're only allowed with a certain degree of track knowledge, safety rating, race craft rating, amount of finished races, etc.

Also, there are some great organized racing leagues online that offer a high standard of etiquette and racing experience.

Then of course there's iRacing that offer an even higher standard.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Having been playing gt7 since release…. I’m more interested day one forza 8 on pc.

Last edited:

Banned
still a port

true, but if it was UE4/5 we would almost certainly get a really shitty PC version as these engines nowadays are just a gigantic "do not buy" sign on PC... unless it's Gears 5, which has good engineers on board, better ones than Epic's own actually

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
I’m all for GT7 on PC, I would double dip for sure. I just need them to be prepared for cheaters and have a solution for that.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I hope its cross save because im not gonna waste my 150h progression and all the money i earned.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Now that Miles Morales is out we don’t know what Nixxes is working on. Ghost of Sushi is my guess but who knows. If Polyphony is doing it themselves this won’t come out for 10 years.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Why are people so interested in seeing GT on PC? Aren't there multiple games that are much better at simulation?
I fail to see what GT brings to the PC world except for a big name
For a more arcadey experience but not quite Forza Horizon levels of fun over realism. And it would hopefully bring the one thing that Forza games are painfully lacking - VR support.

Fox Mulder

Forza got full of hackers as soon as it went on PC. The leaderboards are trashed and hackers ruin modes like the eliminator. You can’t even fully disable crossplay.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN

just do it GIF

& leave all that microtransaction shit at the door
The same way you can’t just remove the microtransactions from a Forza Horizon, you can’t remove them here, with the shitty game design that relies on bad rewards to encourage people spending real world money, the game loses something when they try and remove the mtx.

Its that the grind is in the game‘s dna.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
The same way you can’t just remove the microtransactions from a Forza Horizon, you can’t remove them here, with the shitty game design that relies on bad rewards to encourage people spending real world money, the game loses something when they try and remove the mtx.
and just like with that forza thread you have 0 idea what youre talking about, you can play and enjoy both games without MTX. I'd know because I DID. Also, GT7 is not too far off from GT4 and 3 in design which both functioned without MTX.

jaysius

Banned
and just like with that forza thread you have 0 idea what youre talking about, you can play and enjoy both games without MTX. I'd know because I DID. Also, GT7 is not too far off from GT4 and 3 in design which both functioned without MTX.
The basic progress grind though is tilted in favour of encouraging mtv, if you haven’t seen the bitching about the GT economy you might need glasses.

Neo_game

They are probably working on VR as well. PD takes ages to make games. I hope they hire more staff and they need to improve gfx as well. It is only a slight upgrade over GTS of what I have seen on videos. So there is lot of work to be done and going by their pace it is going to take them years.

TrebleShot

GT is Sonys no.1 live service game so it will happen. I just hope they allow us to disable cross play. PC is gutter tier for any popular Mp game.

deeptech

I swear i literally had a dream few nights ago about GT7 coming on PC, i kid you not, i kid you not!!! Holy shit son PC needs a proper car game for so long, forza sucks balls

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It'll come.

Just like all the other PC ports, Sony will do a quick tweet or video about it with the release date in 2 or 3 months. In other words, they had been PRing no PC port, yet had been working on it for a year or more.

Buggy Loop

Why are people so interested in seeing GT on PC? Aren't there multiple games that are much better at simulation?
I fail to see what GT brings to the PC world except for a big name

Those pure simulation games almost require a driving wheel and pedals to be honest. Trying to play Assetto Corsa with a controller is... ugh.

Those more arcadey games like Forza and GT would have a crowd, not to mention that anyway, those with $$$$ direct drive with >10Nm force and pedals that cost more than double a PS5 will still not hesitate to buy it anyway. Money's raining in this hobby.

//DEVIL//

Please no, keep this title FAR away from the cheating fucks on PC.
They don’t have to connect with pc gamers cross play

Or are you just pissed off another exclusive is coming to pc ? I mean if it’s the later, you should get used to it by now . GOWR will probably be a. 2023 game on pc or worse 2024 as well. It’s becoming the norm really.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I can't wait for it to tank, like other Sony games on PC. PC "gamers". 🤡
ah yes, a sim racing game (very popular genre on PC) made by a well known name in the industry is totally going to tank. you arent even making any sense, PC gamers have been emulating Gran Turismo 3/4 and the like for YEARS now. If any of the big Playstation IPs will blow up on PC, it's without a doubt GT

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
In other words, we're already porting it to PC but we're trying to get it out there to lessen the backlash as Sony gets closer and closer to putting their exclusives day one on PC.

Uiki

Has any racing game had a great online system? pricks can always ruin an online experience in racing.
iracing is miles betters. But it's also way more expensive.

It's not a "great online system", it's the base for every other racing game imho. It's the halo 3 of racing games.

Forza online is a joke.

Last edited:

Romulus

Do it, this would solidify some sort of way to play it in VR, which seems to be more than Sony's commitment considering they have an incredible VR headset. I know it isn't even out but not even a hint that it's coming.

Top Bottom