• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[POLL] To whom Sony should give the PS5 in order to fully unveil its technical features?

[POLL] To whom Sony should give the PS5 in order to fully unveil its technical features?

• None.They should unveil it themselves.

Votes: 185 54.9%
  • Digital Foundry.

Votes: 90 26.7%
  • A youtuber who has a playstation-friendly channel.

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Phil Spencer.

Votes: 89 26.4%

• Total voters

LarknThe4th

These tech wizards
ZR7ZUga.jpg

Tulipanzo

Yes i am aware of that video where Richard dismissed Cerny's explanation concerning PS5's variable clock feature as 'essentially an overclock' and seemed very sceptical of his answears. He also expressed an hefty amount of 'concerns' as usual. I am following DF for years and seeing a patern. Let's just agree to disagree.
Did you miss the part where they called PS5 RT quality so close to launch "miraculous"?
Or where they covered near every big title singularly after their June event.

Frankly, and I know how it works, it's perfectly reasonable to at least be skeptical of variable clocks, since Sony is afaik the first console (or device) to use this approach.
Especially when this "wait and see" approach ended when they saw games.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Do you think Sony should follow MS's footsteps and give their next gen console to a youtube channel that is the Playstation version of Austin Evans or Brad Sams in order to properly unveil it?

Or do you think they should unveil it themselves focusing both on its technical aspects as well as some of its software features?

You have 2 choices.:messenger_winking:

I would say to the people of Star Citizen... so they can start preparing Star Citizenf for he PS 5 launch

The Alien

Banned
Remember that viral video of the guy who got a launch PS3 and then smashed it to the ground in front of a whole bunch of other people waiting in line to buy a PS3?

That guy.

Jaxcellent

Maybe John from DF, but for the love of god, lets skip Alex's feedback, it will just be biased and we have heard enough about his PC BS for now...

Three

The options in the poll make it pretty clear Digital Foundry is one of the only well known, qualified channels to actually do that for a mainstream audience.

MS could do it themselves, but people don't quite trust them as impartial. Same goes for Sony putting out content by themselves.
Anandtech, Wired, I mean there are a lot of well known avenues to do it for a mainstream audience.

Komatsu

PS Now is actually a really good service, particularly for those with an interest in JRPGs. You can stream the two PS3 Yakuzas, plus current-gen titles such as SFV, Watch Dogs, etc. I’ve used it since its very early days and enjoy it.

And you can pay for it yearly, which is nice. It just does not have the same variety as Game Pass, and Sony doesn’t drop its AAA tentpoles there day 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom