• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[POLL] To whom Sony should give the PS5 in order to fully unveil its technical features?

[POLL] To whom Sony should give the PS5 in order to fully unveil its technical features?

• None.They should unveil it themselves.

Votes: 185 54.9%
  • Digital Foundry.

Votes: 90 26.7%
  • A youtuber who has a playstation-friendly channel.

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Phil Spencer.

Votes: 89 26.4%

• Total voters

sublimit

Banned
Do you think Sony should follow MS's footsteps and give their next gen console to a youtube channel that is the Playstation version of Austin Evans or Brad Sams in order to properly unveil it?

Or do you think they should unveil it themselves focusing both on its technical aspects as well as some of its software features?

You have 2 choices.:messenger_winking:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Yeah there has to be a proper consumer-facing presentation that lays out the OS and system functions yet, so going into detail on the internals at the same time seems like the obvious thing.

They really don't need anyone to do a teardown.

Agree, they'll do their own and post it on their YouTube channel like they did with PS4Pro.

I wouldn't expect:
  • Hot chips style event
  • updates on new APIs (like MS did with DX12u ie Mesh Shaders, DirectStorage etc...)

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

The teardown should be given by cerny. But give Ps5 to for example mystic playstation channel. It Would be sweet that guy is not bias at all and not a fanboy. They have to play the you tubers card but not to all of them most are rubish. And also there are tech guys out there that are not fanboys and like to go into detail regarding tech. I do not have one in particular.

sublimit

Banned
The teardown should be given by cerny. But give Ps5 to for example mystic playstation channel. It Would be sweet that guy is not bias at all and not a fanboy. They have to play the you tubers card but not to all of them most are rubish. And also there are tech guys out there that are not fanboys and like to go into detail regarding tech. I do not have one in particular.
I like Mystic. His channel is definitely playstation-friendly but you'll never hear him throw jabs and talking trash about the competition (unlike the Youtubers MS likes to use for their PR).

MrS

Banned
Yeah give it to Alex Battaglia to unveil, I’m sure he’ll do a fair and balanced job for you /S

I think you’re overstating the importance of digital foundry OP. Richard and Alex are morons.

Sony should do it themselves because all other options are too incompetent and you don’t want to be in a situation where you’re blaming others if they fuck something up. Do it yourself and be up front about it.

Last edited:

Skyfox

I mean it should be DF but I couldn't resist the Phil option when I saw it.

Seriously.

How amazing would it be to see Phil and the major dropping it out of its box onto the floor and kicking the shit out of it!

Legendary. And I'd buy the PS5 right after.

NBNW13

Neo Member
Not sure how we’ve gotten to this point here but I’d like to offer that having a third party independently evaluate a piece of electronic hardware prior to its release is beneficial to prospective consumers. We should be praising Microsoft for having done so and we should all want Sony to do so and I say that as a person that has owned every console Sony has produced (often multiple iterations of each). This is especially true of a device that has some potential variability in the way it performs certain functions.

Sony’s in such a dominant market position that it won’t matter sales wise, and it really won’t matter in terms of my purchase decision (I’ll get one for the pristine exclusives at a minimum), but we should want these corporations to be as consumer friendly as possible.

I just want Mark Cerny to talk about some newly opened relaxation spa resort. That's the sort of thing his voice suits.
Imagine Cerny doing an interview with Sam Harris from a meditation retreal, everybody would be so zen that the consoles war would be over forever.

Tulipanzo

Going to disagree with the poll, and I feel they should go with DF.
Obviously have gameplay/feature breakdown on the main PS channel, but DF are the best at covering specs, and have been really positive about PS5.

I don't see why Sony wouldn't give them early access to cover PS5.

Top Bottom