• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[POLL] How you'd feel if the rumored Silent Hill is in First Person?

How would you feel if the rumored Silent Hill is in First Person?

• Total voters
Can someone explain to me the hard on people have for third person games? I prefer first person but who cares? It’s a perspective

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don’t have a reservation between first and third. It can go either way. I’ve seen games play out incredibly well in both view points. I’d much rather see a great game than be picky about which camera angle they chose. Capcom basically took their spot after the fallout of Silent Hills. Konami has one hell of a legacy, but they haven’t exactly pushed it forward. They’ve done more with Contra, PAC MAN, and Castlevania than they do with Silent Hill. I’d imagine they have employees who barely recognize the franchise other than what they see from someone on YouTube point out. :)

Last edited:

EDMIX

I don't really care to be honest with you there have been so many bad Silent Hill games it sounds stupid to bitch about something like the perspective as if the other Silent Hill games that released in the past had no problems because you could see someone's back or something.

So to be honest with you if its in 3rd person by don't really care if it's in first person I don't really care the main concept to silent Hill has very little to do with perspective as we're not talking about Call of Duty and we are not talking about DMC in which the perspective of the game matters to some gameplay concept.

If Kojima's team indeed is working on silent Hill it's a day one regardless of perspective

Ulysses 31

mutta-space-brothers.gif

MrS

Banned
Not as much as RE 5 and 6 was.

RE 4 was an amazing game but so it took it so far away from classic RE ( Enemy count of 900+ before the last couple ”stages” lol )

RE 7 and 8 actually brought it closer to the classics RE gameplay and atmosphere wise more so than RE 5 and 6 ever did.
RE2 will always be the best RE game to me, and I ain't talking about that unfaithful piece of shit remake either.

You are quite right to say 5 and 6 were betrayals

Top Bottom