• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Do You Have a PS5 (or want one)?

Do you have a PS5 or still want one but haven't been able to get? Or not want one at all?

• I own a PS5. I got mine.

Votes: 351 66.0%
  • I want one, but I haven't been able to get one yet.

Votes: 26 4.9%
  • I'm not looking now, but I may get one in the next couple of years.

Votes: 94 17.7%
  • I don't want a PS5 at all. Bah!

Votes: 61 11.5%

• Total voters

Salmon

Got 2 PS5 day one. Sold the other one so got my own for free. Got another one after a week, and let a colleague at work have it for retail price. So everyone is happy. I got mine for free, and a made a friend her day.

I wanted one at launch, couldn't get one, then lost interest.
And now Sony is emailing me every other month to tell me I can buy it secure from their website. No thanks - at this point I'll just wait for the PS5 Pro + VR2 bundle

R6Rider

Gold Member
Eh, not a fan of Jrpgs. But PS5 looks to be the worst of that serious in particular.
Mood What GIF by NBC

AdamTank83

Neo Member
I got one day one. I was lucky that the Pre-orders opened mere days before they should of and I got the very first preorder at my gamestop.
20 minutes after Pre-orders opened I got it. Luck of the draw, I wasn't successful with the series x, had to drive to Jacksonville, one hour south of me to get one in January like 2 months after launch

Billbofet

Was not really actively looking, but I have seen a couple out in the wild over the past year and one-half. I finally decided to get one about a month ago and scored one from Best Buy within a couple weeks.
Loving is so far - playing mostly my PS4 backlog and Demon's Souls.
Thing is massive, though. I have had a Series S for about a year that sits right below my new PS5, and it's so small in comparison, it looks like the PS5 shit out the Series S. This isn't to say the Series S is shit in comparison - I love them both equally!
Game on!

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
If I can get an DE for 400 I'll try and buy it. Not enough games on it anyways. Plus, huge backlog.. Not in a hurry.

Last edited:

soulbait

I was able to grab one on my way to a funeral a coupe of weeks ago. Saw someone walking out of a GameStop that had one in their hands. The GameStop was out, but they gave me a list of ones in the area that still had stock. So I went to a different one, and got one! Made it quite the adventure before going to a funeral :D

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I was able to grab one on my way to a funeral a coupe of weeks ago. Saw someone walking out of a GameStop that had one in their hands. The GameStop was out, but they gave me a list of ones in the area that still had stock. So I went to a different one, and got one! Made it quite the adventure before going to a funeral :D

500€ for Disc Edition?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'd wish when the time arrives there's a mini in black bundled with an extra controller. White is fine as well in guess.

Shifty

Sort of.

I'm not touching any base model of console after the PS4 Peasant / PS4 Pro split, and the price / availability hoo-ha makes it easier to pass it up for now.
Plus, some of Sony's good shit is coming to PC, so I'd rather wait and get it there where possible.

Perhaps when the generation is winding down and all the top lifetime exclusives have gotten player's choice versions or whatever. Better value proposition all round.

Amiga

crazy the PS5 isn't on store shelves after almost 2 years(spamming that F5 on several digital sellers pre-launch was worth it).

most prices online are a markup $700. If the PS3 launched in the same environment it would still sellout at full price. was just ahead of it's time.

35cent

I don't have one yet but I'll get one within the the next year or so I hope. I have a lot of stuff going on in life now so I have to put it on the backburner for now. I don't even use my Series X that much even as a result.

Krathoon

I just put mine vertically behind the tv. Then, I put my Spiderman disc in upside down because I am not used to it. Derp.

I need to hook up my Kinect to the 360 too. I put a lens on it that is supposed to allow you to use it at a closer distance.
I guess you can't use the new Kinect with the old 360. There really was not much of a point to the new Kinect, was there?

Last edited:
I'm skipping this whole console generation. Upgraded to a 3080. Found one at retail price. Absolutely zero regrets. The consoles look weak to me. And between Gamepass and Playstation exclusives coming to PC, I don't see a reason to ever go back to consoles.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Sort of.

I'm not touching any base model of console after the PS4 Peasant / PS4 Pro split, and the price / availability hoo-ha makes it easier to pass it up for now.
Plus, some of Sony's good shit is coming to PC, so I'd rather wait and get it there where possible.

Perhaps when the generation is winding down and all the top lifetime exclusives have gotten player's choice versions or whatever. Better value proposition all round.
I agree but I gave you a thumbs up for using the term hoo-ha.

Episode 15 Smile GIF by Law & Order

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
What? One for me and one for everyone else.

What? Maybe add that to not let your post come across as a bragging on. Especially with these inflated prices.

Imo it's easily interpreted as a brag post. Am I so weird in doing that I wonder.

All love btw bro

Last edited:

Quantum253

Had both PS5 and Series X

Will get the mid gen refresh as well
I just had someone ask me today if I got a PS5 Pro. I told them they were either from the future or someone was trying to sell them a knock-off console. I'm genuinely curious what a Pro model would contain and how much more it would add.

SeraphJan

I just had someone ask me today if I got a PS5 Pro. I told them they were either from the future or someone was trying to sell them a knock-off console. I'm genuinely curious what a Pro model would contain and how much more it would add.
I think mid gen refresh will mostly likely to happen in 2024, in terms of what it add I would much bigger improvement compare to last gen's mid gen refresh, Just look at how much RDNA 3 improved compare to RDNA 2, by the time mid gen refresh rolls its RDNA 4

Top Bottom