• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Do You Have a PS5 (or want one)?

Do you have a PS5 or still want one but haven't been able to get? Or not want one at all?

• I own a PS5. I got mine.

Votes: 351 66.0%
  • I want one, but I haven't been able to get one yet.

Votes: 26 4.9%
  • I'm not looking now, but I may get one in the next couple of years.

Votes: 94 17.7%
  • I don't want a PS5 at all. Bah!

Votes: 61 11.5%

• Total voters

BlackTron

Honestly, anyone who REALLY wants one has one. I know, people here still say "I still can't find one", but are you REALLY trying? I don't think you have been trying that hard if you still don't have one after almost two years.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that if I really wanted the thing I could get it.

We spot the opportunities that we're looking out for.

TLZ

Banned
Have one since launch.

Btw, out of the people who actually want one in the poll, 252 (239+13 at time of posting), 239 got it. Almost 95%. That's a high number.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I just got my PS5, one and three-quarter years post-launch. I like it. I was wondering how many on GAF have it now and how many still want it but haven't been able to snag one.
It's relatively easy to find in most Mexican retailers at a decent price. However, I'm that guy who typically buys every console 'new' after about 5-years post launch. The last time I bought a console during it's launch year was my wife's Switch. It'll happen though. Have fun with it and 3-years in is still early in my book.

saintjules

Have one since launch.

Btw, out of the people who actually want one in the poll, 252 (239+13 at time of posting), 239 got it. Almost 95%. That's a high number.

The rest are looking for a sale price or for a slim that hasn't been announced or may never exist.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Bogard

Most of my friends game on pc these days. I really don't want a ps5 unless my ps4 eventually gives out so I can keep playing those games.

Gravemind

Got one along with Demon Souls but it rarely ever gets turned on other than when the girlfriend wants to watch Netflix or something in the basement.

Probably won't get much use until GOW comes out.

I was able to grab one for us a while back and recently one for a friend. Not too hard if you don’t mind a bundle and are quick with the discord notifications.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ve always had the PS console at launch even if I had the PS1 a year later. I got mine on launch. I turn on my PS4 and I feel like a whole console generation just leaped out of the closet. I turn on my PS5 and I see a bunch of good looking games and then streams. It’s not like I’m upset. I really like my PS5. Everything from Demon’s Souls to REV to Elden Ring. It doesn’t have the same feels (yet), but I’m waiting for it. I played Nier Replicant on PS4 just for the feels. I did replay NiOh 2. Nintendo keeps tapping me on the shoulder with the Switch. It would probably feel the same with a 3000 series graphics card. It’s a beast, but it’s just idling power. Software sells the console.

Oh yeah the PS5 doesn’t have customizable themes either. I turn on my PS4 and I feel like it’s mine. All I’ve done on PS5 is rearrange the icons and mute the console music. That’s about as personalized as it gets beyond changing my avatar every now and then.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I own all platforms but I'm a Sony gamer at heart, I got mine on launch day here in Australia, I got up early on the pre order day, went online and got one because I actually really wanted one. I have no sympathy for the people who made no effort and then complained when they sold out lol.

a friend of mine got into that whole Walmart+ or whatever membership thing and got one for himself. after got his, he got one for me too. had enjoy it overall since I got it, playing Returnal, GT7 and a few of the PS4 games on there. I recently just installed another SSD in it and installed a whole bunch of older games in it too.

Aenima

Bought mine at launch during a 10 minute window where they was available from 00:00h to 00:10h where they sold out and became very hard to find since then.
PS5 was the 1st console i bought at launch. Best decision ever. They are still very hard to find around here.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

NahaNago

I still want one and if I see it available in any online store or store shelf at the regular price I'll buy one but I'm not going to do all of that wait for it drop online and hope I get it again.

Humdinger

Summary of Poll Results:

318 (67%) have a PS5.

Only 4% want one but can't get one.

53 (11%) don't want a PS5 at all.

17% may get it later.

Last edited:

Xeaker

I want one, but I haven't been able to get one yet.​

Trying for a year now, but shops are empty. And if there is something the order is gone after 0.5 seconds by bots.
:messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless::messenger_expressionless:

Hydroxy

I have PC so don't need PS5. Yes I would love to play Sony first party games but PS5 is very expensive in my country ($700).Maybe after 3-4 years I might consider it if its cheap.

Roberts

Had one for almost a year. After the honeymoon period of playing essentials ended, I barely ever used it. Then a relative wanted to get one for her kid and couldn't find one. So, I sold her mine. Will get another in three or so years.

Lasha

I sold two at launch. I bought one for myself now that prices have dropped close enough to retail. I enjoyed Astro and I bounced hard off of HZD. I haven't really touched it since except to set up GGST for a local.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I have a XSX and a Switch. There’s a couple of games Sony still has that I can’t play on another comsole and that I’m mildly interested in. But the truth is, I am barely allotting part of my free time to gaming these days. Another console would just collect dust like the others, and of the three, the PS5 is certainly the one that has the less interesting offer to me.

I’ve bought 4 - one for me at launch, one for my son at Christmas and procured 2 for friends that were struggling to get them. (Handed over for selling price, I’m not a scalper).

Winter John

Gold Member
Yeah. I actually found the digital version in a local store a few weeks back. I got mixed feelings about it. I hate the design. I hate the size of it. It's noisy as shit compared to my Series S. The front menu is terrible. I've lost count the number of times I've gone to check my messages or tried to turn the fucker off and I got some other screen. The controller feels flimsy as fuck. I turned off all that haptic shit the second it started vibrating like it was fit to bust. All that said, games look great, they play well. I'd advise anyone who has the S or X to hold off for now until Sony bring out a newer model unless they really have to play one of the exclusives

Still waiting for it to be easily bought at MSRP. I can wait. I bought a PS4 at launch and then bought the Pro and still have games I haven't completed and been meaning to get back to.
I also have a pc with a 2080 so that basically takes care of my next gen needs. I did buy a DualSense at launch though and it is absolutely my favorite controller to use on PC. Metro Exodus Recently added DualSense support with adaptive triggers on PC and that is some pretty incredible tech.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I am surprised that 70% here have an ps5. Just today i was in a Saturn big local electronics store. There was a mountain with Xbox series x consoles and not 1 Ps5. Probly, hardcore gaming forums is far away from the majority as only 1 of my friends got his ps5.

ahtlas7

What? Maybe add that to not let your post come across as a bragging on. Especially with these inflated prices.

Imo it's easily interpreted as a brag post. Am I so weird in doing that I wonder.

All love btw bro
My kids and I tracked local drops and after a month of tracking we picked up 2 within a week at retail. People have a problem with that?! Fine, come to TX a year ago and beat us to the checkout. I don’t have time for piss games on Gaf, however, I don’t get a sense of any outrage.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
My kids and I tracked local drops and after a month of tracking we picked up 2 within a week at retail. People have a problem with that?! Fine come to TX a year ago and beat us to the checkout. I don’t have time for piss games on Gaf.
Confused No Idea GIF by G2 Esports

RAIDEN1

For the near future at least I think the PS4 Pro is about as far as I will go.....there is nothing in the catalogue so far that makes me think I need to get one a.s.a.p....if I end up loving God of War 2018 and Ragnarok (excuse the mis-spelling) on the levels of the Mass Effect trilogy and Metal Gear 1-4 then I may consider it..but their B.C showing at the moment leaves A LOT to be desired....I can't see the likes of Ridge Racer, a non-streamed Motorstorm... Nuclear strike (from the desert strike series...) coming anytime soon to the PS5 ....

Last edited:

Humdinger

Updated poll results:

318 (67%) have a PS5.

17% may get it later.

300-plus, that's a lot of PS5 owners.

Last edited:

DETACA

Banned
Updated poll results:

318 (67%) have a PS5.

17% may get it later.

300-plus, that's a lot of PS5 owners.
here the damn life has become ps5 platform and people are playing with it. and you still care about some fun.

Jaybe

I had a PS4 Pro and played all the exclusives I wanted. Sold it before the new consoles came out. I’d like to replay my PS digital library at some point with the enhancements plus all the new exclusive games, so might buy in 2 or 3 years. Certainly want a console design revision prior. May wait for PS6. Have a XSX since basically release and a reasonable PC with many last gen games in the backlog. And a Switch I should use at some point.

Picked up two at launch for a friend and myself in addition to a couple of XSXs at launch for myself and another friend. It's good to have plenty of gaming options.

HoofHearted

Had mine (along with XSX) since launch. Currently the XSX gets more playtime … Not surprised as I bought the PS5 for the exclusives that I’m patiently waiting on…

Last edited:

KO7

I got mine last month during the fairly decent Canadian restock. Had been really wanting one for a long while, but wasn’t too upset about them being out of stock until Street Fighter 6 drops (which is still a long ways away).

Wasn’t too thrilled about being “forced” to pay for Horizons Forbidden West as part of the bundle, but I’ll get to it eventually. Going through God of War first, while keeping an eye out for used copies of Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut.

Quantum253

I think mid gen refresh will mostly likely to happen in 2024, in terms of what it add I would much bigger improvement compare to last gen's mid gen refresh, Just look at how much RDNA 3 improved compare to RDNA 2, by the time mid gen refresh rolls its RDNA 4
I think that would be awesome to get RDNA 4 on a pro model. However, I thought the current version was 7nm RNDA 2 (not 100% sure and going off memory). If RDNA or navi 4 is out on the next-gen version of graphic cards in 24'> would a pro version more likely have a price reduced 5nm RDNA 3? I was curious how much more improvement would come with the upgrade. I can look at the differences between the two to find out too.

Top Bottom