• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sword and Shield official website updated with glitched Pokemon

Mista

Banned
PKMN-Sword-Shield-Site_09-13-19-600x415.jpg

The Pokemon Company has updated the official website for Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shieldwith a page for a mysterious Pokemon.

The same “glitched” Pokemon image can be found floating around the top page of the official website. Clicking it loads the above page.
Gematsu

Evolutions and pre-evolutions for existing pokemon >>>>>>>>>>>> mega-evolutions, humongous mode, etc

I don't see how this is a hard concept for them to grasp especially when they nailed it during the first few Pkmn generations.

Thisthisthisthisthis

But you know why they didn't give us more of the First, and we had megas and such? Because they fear the community judging, if you don't make a good design for an old pokémon' s evolution, this will remain being the evolution permanent
But megas are optional and not permanent, so they fell safe

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Thisthisthisthisthis

But you know why they didn't give us more of the First, and we had megas and such? Because they fear the community judging, if you don't make a good design for an old pokémon' s evolution, this will remain being the evolution permanent
But megas are optional and not permanent, so they fell safe
Good point, that was definitely the "safe" option. However, the team wasn't shy about using a sword as a pokemon, an ice-cream cone, a trashbag, or even a trashbag with a Pikachu face drawn on it. There are also "___ region" pokemon like Alolan Sandshrew and Vulpix. They could always make the excuse that the crappy pre-evolution or evolution form was unique to that region.

Isn't the premise of the franchise "evolution" and exploring the world? Isn't Pokemon centered around learning more about these creatures and their various behaviors? Detective Pikachu (3DS) totally nailed the worldbuilding in a way that the mainline series has kind of forgotten.

Good point, that was definitely the "safe" option. However, the team wasn't shy about using a sword as a pokemon, an ice-cream cone, a trashbag, or even a trashbag with a Pikachu face drawn on it. There are also "___ region" pokemon like Alolan Sandshrew and Vulpix. They could always make the excuse that the crappy pre-evolution or evolution form was unique to that region.

Isn't the premise of the franchise "evolution" and exploring the world? Isn't Pokemon centered around learning more about these creatures and their various behaviors? Detective Pikachu (3DS) totally nailed the worldbuilding in a way that the mainline series has kind of forgotten.

Yeah, Probably they shifted from the worrying that touching old gen pokémon would have disappointed the fanbase, to safer options like megas, to both safe and awesome options like regional forms, who personally I find the best innovation in the latest entries, and are always a joy and a fun to see and fight with

And maybe they didn't even want to try risking it, saying it was a region exclusive evo to a specific region or gen, but now they seem to have acquired much more courage and try giving proper evos

Very good

P. S. You're right about more particular pokémons like the trash can or ice cream one, but they are totally new, I was talking about fanbase reaction to old pokémon having evolutions
For example, Imagine if after all the memes, the waiting and the hype, Dunsparce ended up having a shitty evo, the fans would have riot
Certainly before could have got no more than a mega, now they're Certainly more adamant to give him a proper evolution

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I can't make threads here yet but ..apprently there will be 18 gyms in the games!

Good. I like battling gyms more than catching hundreds of mons that I won't even use.

Top Bottom