• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet sold 10 million copies in 3 days

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
kpOEyxS.gif

Spaceman292

Banned
It's not just the shaky framerate and you know it too. If not, check DF. I saw it and had the occasion to play on my buddys conole. It's a mess.

Shadow of the Colossus did things no one thought possible on the PS2 and while the framerate was low in many places on a technical level it was more than competent.

Why can't i call myself a fan and not be satisfied with how the new games work?
It's not just the frame rate? What problems does it have that aren't graphical?

Mozza

I was watching this an hour ago.
Nintendo fans are really something else. if Sony released today something that looks like a ps3 game I would say fuck it and just buy an Xbox.
I really hope Switch 2 is another weak ass console that will run next DOOM at 30fps 720p in year 2027 lol

25 K views suggests far more than the videos content, the masses are simply not bothered by any of this.

Didn't know being the first time was an excuse to release such boderline crappie game. And you talk about hyperbole lmao

Now you are moving goalposts. Are you going to actually discuss like an adult or continue to remain purposefully ignorant?

You stated that GameFreak does "nothing", I pointed out how they have been continually changing and adapting the games to fit fan demand - nowhere did I say that its OK that the performance is the way it is nor was that even the argument being presented.

Try again, this time put some actual effort into it.

Saber

Gold Member
Now you are moving goalposts. Are you going to actually discuss like an adult or continue to remain purposefully ignorant?

You stated that GameFreak does "nothing", I pointed out how they have been continually changing and adapting the games to fit fan demand - nowhere did I say that its OK that the performance is the way it is nor was that even the argument being presented.

Depends on you. How long you gonna keep using a blinder? I already pointed out that what they did is nothing new and neither worth the praise.

Presenting a barebones work with visuable problems isn't gonna help you or them. Theres work to be done in this game and the soon people point out the faster they react to fix it. But yeah, keep using the word hyperbole because "they did something so its not nothing", that will certainly make you an adult.

Depends on you. How long you gonna keep using a blinder? I already pointed out that what they did is nothing new and neither worth the praise.

Presenting a barebones work with visuable problems isn't gonna help you or them. Theres work to be done in this game and the soon people point out the faster they react to fix it. But yeah, keep using the word hyperbole because "they did something so its not nothing", that will certainly make you an adult.
Continued projection and more goal post moving. Thanks for wasting my time, kiddo.

Damn. Honestly it's a technical mess but the ambition gets higher and higher with each entry so im not complaining too much.

I'll return to the series in an entry or two if they can iron out the kinks
Try out romhacks instead im currently playing luminescent (bdsp mod)

AetherZX

Just enough to have console exclusivity. They have no input on anythinga after that, hence the shit state its in. That's for that poor quote retort attempt.

I like how you completely made this shit up with such confidence too. Anything to try absolving Nintendo of their share of blame I guess, lmfao.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

After watching the Digital Foundry breakdown, Nintendo deserves Cyberpunk levels of scorn. Absolute shit.

But they won't, because Nintendo gets a pass for no discernible reason.

I haven't played a pokemon game in ages so I'm looking for ways to get back in. I don't know why their recent titles have so many technical issues.

KXVXII9X

Most fans want a proper Pokemon MMO game with all the regions and Pokemon separated by region, a Mega game if you will
They have a couple fan games of just that and they are actually pretty decent.

Pokemon Revolution Online/PokeOne and PokeMMO.

correojon

After watching the Digital Foundry breakdown, Nintendo deserves Cyberpunk levels of scorn. Absolute shit.

The reason is that their whole gaming strategy is not built around having the most impressive graphics or the most powerful console, but the most fun games. Their target audience simply doesn't care about poor performance or visuals as long as the games are fun, and they seem to be doing alright in that regard.

Lasha

Nintendo isn't misleading with it's games. Performance issues and low graphical fidelity are usually visible in Nintendo's own gameplay trailers. People know what they are getting into when buying a Pokemon game. Compare Pokemon to Cyberpunk which was heavily marketed with absurd levels of tech, prerendered footage, and celebrity flash. The buggy release was a total rug pull for buyers of cyberpunk.

I disagree. Unlike Cyberpunk, this game looked and ran like shit right from the initial reveal.

10 million for an exclusive is wild. I may even get a second copy for an electric Tyranitar.

DrNeroCF

So for 6 years now, Game Freak just needed to take the BotW or Xenoblade engine and ADD POKÉMON. I can’t think of a more brain dead simple way to print money than that, and they still keep screwing this up?

Does it run any better on an overclocked Switch, at least?

dem

What will ruin Christmas more..?
Buying this piece of crap, or not buying this piece of crap?

A real parent-gaf dilemma.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Laughing at people complaining about any aspect of the game, the hell is wrong with you complaining about a goddamn children’s game goddamn grow the fuck up, you think children see any of those problems? Never crosses their minds!

Last edited:

Inanilmaz

Laughing at people complaining about any aspect of the game, the hell is wrong with you complaining about a goddamn children’s game goddamn grow the fuck up, you think children see any of those problems? Never crosses their minds!
Childrens game???? I hope you mean a 100billion dollar adult franchise game. Even the yakuza are involved in this. Goddamn the audacity! Grow up!

Thirty7ven

Banned
Childrens game???? I hope you mean a 100billion dollar adult franchise game. Even the yakuza are involved in this. Goddamn the audacity! Grow up!

It’s a children’s game, ever wondered why the franchise didn’t grow with its original audience? Get a clue already. It’s like complaining about children’s cartoon.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
It’s a children’s game, ever wondered why the franchise didn’t grow with its original audience? Get a clue already. It’s like complaining about children’s cartoon.
Can someone post that CoD / Pokémon audience gif? The game is not for kids, the fucking evo system is way too complex.

Inanilmaz

The recent games and anime are indeed shitty kid games/cartoons i agree with you. The old anime and games were such a vibe even for adults. Its getting more childish every year fr.

Saber

Gold Member

Even children cartoons and movies are criticized and reviewed by adults(some even can be blocked from being aired in my country). So, they are not immune of criticism regardless of the target audience.

Top Bottom