• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Detective Pikachu Game Announced for Nintendo Switch

Mista

Banned
Detective-Pikachu-1-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

A Detective Pikachu game is in development for Switch, Nintendo announced at the Pokemon2019 Press Conference.

Here is the announcement, via The Pokemon Company:
The release of the Pokemon Detective Pikachu movie has left fans wanting more of the famous Pokemon sleuth. The Pokemon Company announced today that Creatures Inc. has plans to create a new entry in the Detective Pikachu video game series, this time for Nintendo Switch. The original Detective Pikachu game for the Nintendo 3DS ended on a cliffhanger and this upcoming game will be a conclusion to that story.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Question is will this be an up-port of the 3ds game or a sequel?
The Pokemon twitter says "the details of this game are still a mystery," so expect a new project. Unless they're really keeping that remake under wraps.
The article says "The currently untitled Detective Pikachu game for Nintendo Switch will follow up the story to 3DS game," so there's our answer.
I hope Pikachu has FUR in it :)

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I liked the 3DS game and the movie was pretty good too. I'm down.

Top Bottom