• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet | Previews are Out

Fbh

Doesn't look particularly good to me but I appreciate them at least trying to change up and evolve the formula. One of your Pokemon just roaming close to you and beating the shit out of random wild Pokemon is tonally a bit weird though lol. Seems like exploration is a much bigger factor, which sounds nice but it will depend on how much there is to do and find in the world.

Visually it still looks horrible though.

nikos

This is looking better than I expected. I welcome the QOL changes. Really hope multiplayer delivers.

Kikorin

I think we're up to PS2 graphics now, maybe another 10 years we'll get to PS4 quality?

I think GTA: San Andreas still win, worst 3D models and resolution, but a lot more complex physics and world simulation.

Anyway, outside of the shitty graphics, seems more interesting than any main Pokémon games released since ORAS and I'll play it like always. I enjoyed Legend Arceus a lot, this seems better in some aspects and worst in other.

BTW I think Game Freak is too much connected to the Pokémon game series to simply take the IP from them and give to someone else, but would be cool to have them as developers of mechanics, story, new Pokémon, etc... and some talented studios for everything else connected to the technical aspects. Like Intelligent System and Koei Tecmo for Fire Emblem.

The only aspect of it that would make me want it is co-op(because my friend is getting the game). Other than that there's no interest to me. It looks soulless and watered down compared to prev gens.

The graphics and technical side is icky. Arceus is one of the only games I've ever dropped just because of how gross it looked and bad it ran. Will probably pass on this one.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Forced exp share is the worst. Atleast let me disable it in the options.
OK.

Why?

Just. In the name of God.
WHY?

You have potentially hundreds of ‘mons to train.
Switching out your new potato Pokémon on round 1 just to let it get some exp against enemies it’d get 1-hit KO’d was one of the worst parts of any Pokémon game pre-Exp Share. The grind is horrendous enough as it is.

Why. Just why.
Oh God, why.
Why. Would you not use exp share?

Apart from this. Game Freak are absolute dogs.
There is no reason in the world they still make their games this technically bad.
They are richer than Croesus. They could hire people who could pull 4K 120fps out of the Switch. They could buy Naughty Dog a dozen times and still be filthy rich.
There isn’t a single reason in the world a Pokémon game on Switch is 720p docked with frame drops. Not one.

OK.

Why?

Just. In the name of God.
WHY?

You have potentially hundreds of ‘mons to train.
Switching out your new potato Pokémon on round 1 just to let it get some exp against enemies it’d get 1-hit KO’d was one of the worst parts of any Pokémon game pre-Exp Share. The grind is horrendous enough as it is.

Why. Just why.
Oh God, why.
Why. Would you not use exp share?

Apart from this. Game Freak are absolute dogs.
There is no reason in the world they still make their games this technically bad.
They are richer than Croesus. They could hire people who could pull 4K 120fps out of the Switch. They could buy Naughty Dog a dozen times and still be filthy rich.
There isn’t a single reason in the world a Pokémon game on Switch is 720p docked with frame drops. Not one.
This is why you play the game modded

AetherZX

I seriously have no idea where some of you surmise this utter horseshit from regarding a private company's financials. I guess people just look up the revenue of the series itself since its inception and assume this is an entity on par with Nintendo themselves (who's part of the joint venture, but still) or something. That would explain a lot of these posts Pokemon threads, yet even simple research would show this franchise in its entirety doesn't drag in nearly as much clean profit as people think it does.

Last edited:
Top Bottom