• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

phaedrus

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

nikos

Got the email but I'm not sure I want to keep my preorder. I'm reading Sony's return policy and it looks like it should be returnable within 30 days. Anybody have experience with returning to PlayStation direct?

Will it be available from other retailers upon release?

Great to see everyone is as hyped as I am :)
What will be the first thing you're going to boot?

If there's a demo disc included like the first PSVR I'm gonna play that first, if not, it's RE8 for me.

Hunnybun

If there's a demo disc included like the first PSVR I'm gonna play that first, if not, it's RE8 for me.

I've got the Horizon bundle so definitely try that first. I'm going to pick up Village on sale too, so that'll be next. I'm undecided about GT7 at the moment, it's on sale at the moment so I might get that too.

I'll pick up NMS when that goes on sale next.

Already own GT7 and NMS, so there's those two. Probably GT7.

But I'm gonna buy Pavlov as well and thinking about Horizon, although it's a bit pricey given the short gamelength.
So I might start with either of those, Horizon being priority obviously.
That game looks amazing.

SLB1904

Banned
I just find annoying that saints and sinners chapter 1 releases with chapter 2. Would be nice if they dropped before chapter 2

Because it costs more to manufacture …. Now you know why 😂
Doubt that. I'd rather assume Sony does want to make money on the unit itself or somewhat faster with game sales than with the PS5.
I still have no idea what component would justify this high price beside the display which is not that irregular as it was with the one used in VR1 where 120 refresh was not at all the norm for anything (and it was cheaper even with controllers).

Ar¢tos

There is a discless version of the ps5 so you can forget the demo disc. At best, you get a digital code.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I've got the Horizon bundle so definitely try that first. I'm going to pick up Village on sale too, so that'll be next. I'm undecided about GT7 at the moment, it's on sale at the moment so I might get that too.

I'll pick up NMS when that goes on sale next.
FYI - NMS isn't gonna be available on launch day anyway. It was delayed and will likely be released before March 28.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Super happy to see so many people hyped and excited about their PS VR 2 orders. ❤️

I can't pre-order in my country, so I'll be keeping an eye out for when it becomes available in a retail store near me. But congratulations to y'all who will be playing it in ~10 days.

Please don't forget to share your impressions and excitement when you get it.

I Cannae wait, I'm like a kid all over again. I Did get an Email, UK. Was about 5pm on Friday.

For those Interested:

Free upgrades from PS5:
• Gran Turismo 7
• No Man’s Sky
• Resident Evil: Village

Free upgrades from PSVR:
• After The Fall
• Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder
• D-Day Enhanced
• Dropship Commander
• The Guy VR Deluxe
• Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue
• Job Simulator
• Kizuna AI
• The Light Brigade
• NFL Pro Era
• No Man’s Sky
• Pistol Whip VR
• Puzzling Places
• RC Airplane Challenge
• Song in the Smoke: Rekindled
• Startenders
• Synthriders Remastered
• The Tale of Onogoro
• The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
• Vacation Simulator
• Zenith: The Last City

Discounted upgrades from PSVR (IIRC £10):
• Rez Infinite
• Tetris Effect Connected
• Thumper (~£4)

Full-price rereleases from PSVR:
• Moss
• Moss: Book II

Unknown upgrade path from PSVR:
• Alvo
• Beat Saber
• Creed: Rise to Glory: Championship Edition
• Swordsman VR
• Windlands 2

Last edited:

SilentUser

Beyond excited, the wait is almost over! Already have Resi 8, Demeo, NMS, Walking Dead 1. Probably going to buy this week Kayak, Light Brigade and maybe Tentacular. Hopefully it won't take to long to arrive at my place, can't wait to play with it.

gamer82

whats the reason retailers don't have this up yet has sony not made enough or is it that they don't want anyone discounting it at launch ? will look to pick this up once retailers start offering it hopefully in the summer.

Last edited:
Beyond excited, the wait is almost over! Already have Resi 8, Demeo, NMS, Walking Dead 1. Probably going to buy this week Kayak, Light Brigade and maybe Tentacular. Hopefully it won't take to long to arrive at my place, can't wait to play with it.
I got GT7, and will grab Tetris, REZ and Thumper as an upgrade and buy Puzzling Places, Moss 1&2, Pistol whip and Pavlov (Probably)

whats the reason retailers don't have this up yet has sony not made enough or is it that they don't want nayone discoiunting it at launch ?
Probably as they can re-coop more selling it direct/Minimise Scalpers. Assume it will be general release ~a month later

Beechos

Just saw an email that sony is ready to charge me for psvr 2. All psvr 2 games are currently digital right? Fingers crossed that sony also adds psvr 2 games to ps premium.

Top Bottom