• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 launches February 22, 2023, with pre-orders starting November 15 - $549.99

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Don't fucking use the C word here. It seems to trigger people
jurassic park dinosaur GIF

jurassic park GIF

Resenge

Can't afford it till January February can get quest 2 for 50 upfront and 10 month so that's tempting
Money doesn't come out of your bank until they ship at the end of Feb if you use Paypal, can't comment on debit or credit cards.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
While no games are available, I figured one of these would be impossible to get by the time games arrive so I ordered it.

I'm actually amazed 'the system worked' this time and I got my pre-order email.

HTK

Banned
I got the invitation as well and I'm thinking about pre-ordering it. I was really hoping they would have GT7 for VR ready to go but nothing.

There is nothing in the launch video that I'm interested but I might pre-order to secure one and maybe sell it to one of you for profit? lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Never played Moss or Moss 2

Can’t wait to try these out on PSVR2!!!

How good are these games?
Pretty decent platformers that work well in VR.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I can't seem to find any confirmation that I pre-ordered, did sony send out an email confirmation? What was the subject line if they did? Thanks!

I can't seem to find any confirmation that I pre-ordered, did sony send out an email confirmation? What was the subject line if they did? Thanks!
Subject: Thank You For Your Order

I received mine almost immediately after completing the checkout process on Nov.15 (the first day of pre-orders).

saintjules

First of all, why would you finance a device like this? If you can't pay upfront, you're probably not in a financial stable position to enjoy the joy of using a VR headset.

I get what you mean, but I wouldn't say not in a 'stable position'. Maybe in a few weeks or a month they have the ability to pay it off. It also helps secure a device that may be sold out for a while.

So if they can take advantage by financing it, let them do it.

Crayon

No interest financing is really not a bad deal. They want to get the sale out the door so as long as you can pay it on time (or ahead, usually no penalty) it's all gravy. I used to sell mattresses and most the people who took that deal could afford to pay cash.

Crayon

Not looking good for me, can't find it anywhere......maybe I can still pre-book at best buy or somewhere else.....

Maybe next check your bank statement to see if the money ever left at all.

They are supposedly going to have 2 million in the launch period so I bet you will be able to get one unless it's somehow a huge hit.

No interest financing is really not a bad deal. They want to get the sale out the door so as long as you can pay it on time (or ahead, usually no penalty) it's all gravy. I used to sell mattresses and most the people who took that deal could afford to pay cash.
Where is the interest financing at? On the playstation website? Can't seem to find it.

Jayjayhd34

I get what you mean, but I wouldn't say not in a 'stable position'. Maybe in a few weeks or a month they have the ability to pay it off. It also helps secure a device that may be sold out for a while.

So if they can take advantage by financing it, let them do it.

Yeah was just hard with Xmas doing alright now probably will be able to pay it in full at launch if finished decorating my flat by then.

THE DUCK

Maybe next check your bank statement to see if the money ever left at all.

They are supposedly going to have 2 million in the launch period so I bet you will be able to get one unless it's somehow a huge hit.

Did they actually charge up front or will it charge on shipment?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just a heads up that some of the launch day PSVR2 games have a PS+ discount if you pre-order.

These include:
Cities VR - Enhanced Edition [10%]
Cosmonious High [20%]
Demeo [20%]
Hello Neighbor: Search & Rescue [10%]
Moss* [10%]
Moss: Book II* [10%]
Moss and Moss: Book II Bundle* [10%]
Tentacular [10%]

*Moss also won't have any way to upgrade, but buying the Moss Book 1 and 2 bundle will save you some money.

Crayon

Where is the interest financing at? On the playstation website? Can't seem to find it.

Usually big chains with high-ticket stuff. Furniture stores, bike stores, electronics, etc.

front or will it charg

actually... let's see....

Actually it didn't charge anything. I thought there was a little deposit or something.

"We will attempt to charge the total price of your pre-order using the payment information that you provided once your order is ready to ship. You will receive a final invoice email at that time."

Crayon

Costs more than the PS5...

A vive pro2 costs more than 3 ps5's. Pimax 5k over 2 ps5's. Quest pro over 3 ps5's. Index 2 ps5's. I could go on. Vive XR elite 2 ps5's.

Yeah nice vr costs a lot. $550 is an amazing deal but still too much for the vast majority of people. Got to remember it is way easier to justify $300-$500 for a console that is more of an appliance if you play games rergularly at all.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

Usually big chains with high-ticket stuff. Furniture stores, bike stores, electronics, etc.

Actually it didn't charge anything. I thought there was a little deposit or something.

"We will attempt to charge the total price of your pre-order using the payment information that you provided once your order is ready to ship. You will receive a final invoice email at that time."

Hmmm, the plot thickens, did I actually pre-order it like I thought, or not? LOL
I'm guessing it doesn't show under my order history since there is no charge so far.........

Oh, I thought Playstation was doing special financing of it. Thanks though!

Markio128

Hmmm, the plot thickens, did I actually pre-order it like I thought, or not? LOL
I'm guessing it doesn't show under my order history since there is no charge so far.........
According to my own confirmation, the money is taken within 5 days of the release/delivery date, so from 17th Feb onwards.

Soosa

Banned
Costs more than the PS5...
And so does high end TV too. Or couch, or even a good tv stand.

Nobody forces you to buy it, and most people are able to do basic math to calculate to see which item costs less, so what is your point, sir? You think that Sony CEO comes to read your comment and is like "damn, must cut the price to half!" :D

Psvr2 is cheap for The specs, and everything is expensive to broke person, so nothing new.

At here it costs 639€ which is like 700$ and 699€ for horizon bundle, but I still think that The price is fine. Would suck If it would have worse specs just to sell at 499€, and then people would say things like "it costs More than a cardboard vr for my phone..."

Psvr2 is the most exciting thing on years, just let people be Happy about it and save more money or dont buy it, easy as that. Complaining about the price does nothing

Tygeezy

And so does high end TV too. Or couch, or even a good tv stand.

Nobody forces you to buy it, and most people are able to do basic math to calculate to see which item costs less, so what is your point, sir? You think that Sony CEO comes to read your comment and is like "damn, must cut the price to half!" :D

Psvr2 is cheap for The specs, and everything is expensive to broke person, so nothing new.

At here it costs 639€ which is like 700$ and 699€ for horizon bundle, but I still think that The price is fine. Would suck If it would have worse specs just to sell at 499€, and then people would say things like "it costs More than a cardboard vr for my phone..."

Psvr2 is the most exciting thing on years, just let people be Happy about it and save more money or dont buy it, easy as that. Complaining about the price does nothing
People complaining about the price are probably playing a ps5 on their 1080p 60 hz lcd with 50 ms game mode. The psvr 2 would be a massive upgrade even for flat gaming for them.

Last edited:

sendit

People complaining about the price are probably playing a ps5 on their 1080p 60 hz lcd with 50 ms game mode. The psvr 2 would be a massive upgrade even for flat gaming for them.

This is me. I can't phantom spending more money on a output device that is more than the console itself.

/s

Last edited:

saintjules

I assume Playstation Direct is continuing use with FedEx as a Carrier? Is there a way to have package to be held at location prior to shipping or once tracking has been generated?

Last edited:
Top Bottom