• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation unseats Nintendo in June with The Last of Us Part 2 l UK Charts

Bodomism

Banned
Good point, UK is PS home turf and even that couldn't resist the AC invader. I remember some people in this very forum also thought Death Stranding would outsell Pokemon. Somewhere between deduction and eagerness resides idiocy.
They put too much trust on unreliable sales insider like Benji.

The same Benji that had hyped the game on reera because it was the fastest video game to reach millions or something on YouTube lol.

They put too much trust on unreliable sales insider like Benji.

The same Benji that had hyped the game on reera because it was the fastest video game to reach millions or something on YouTube lol.

Actually I think even Benji was clear from day one like Animal Crossing is going to outsell the living shit out of TLOU2, but I'm not entirely sure.

Bodomism

Banned
AC outselling pretty much anything is not a shock in the least. A family friendly game vs a brutally violent and dark game is no contest. I can see the youtubers loading up their videos right now though calling it a flop.
Not a flop but totally runs out of juice really fast compares to other top PS4 exclusives in UK.

Woggleman

Not a flop but totally runs out of juice really fast compares to other top PS4 exclusives in UK.
It will still be one of the top selling PS4 exclusives. Nobody in their right mind expected it to outsell AC. It's like putting Frozen against a Tarantino movie. Sure Tarantino will do very well but Frozen is in a world all it's own. Nothing will outsell AC this year.

Blond

Banned
You're telling me, I'm having a surprisingly hard time selling my copy for a good amount on eBay. Very rarely an issue. Seems like most of the people that want this thing here already bought it.

There are also new copies being sold for the same price as used ones so there's that.

Fake

It will still be one of the top selling PS4 exclusives. Nobody in their right mind expected it to outsell AC. It's like putting Frozen against a Tarantino movie. Sure Tarantino will do very well but Frozen is in a world all it's own. Nothing will outsell AC this year.

Is too soon to talk about sales, we still have a long way off to talk about legs, with IMO are important as the first sales they usally use for PR.

Bodomism

Banned
Is too soon to talk about sales, we still have a long way off to talk about legs, with IMO are important as the first sales they usally use for PR.
It's already too late to talk about the chance of TLOU2 selling on par with ACNH as the sales charts suggested TLOU2 sales already trailing behind ACNH in weekly sales.

thelastword

Banned
Did anybody say TLOU2 would outsell Animal Crossing overall? Why are people comparing Animal Crossing to LOU 2? Are they in the same genre. Also what other games was really competing for Nintendo gamers dollars apart from AC?

Bodomism

Banned
Did anybody say TLOU2 would outsell Animal Crossing overall? Why are people comparing Animal Crossing to LOU 2? Are they in the same genre. Also what other games was really competing for Nintendo gamers dollars apart from AC?

Top Bottom