• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation: Tune into The Game Awards tomorrow

mejin

7smS.gif

mckmas8808

Banned
I kinda did...

It was deathlooo again.
It was Abes new game again.
It was Resident Evil 8 again and all repeats.

The worst show playstation has done in years.
Maybe you tell me what I missed out?
Started strong with FF16 and ended with Gow Ragnarok.

- First time we got Spiderman: MM gameplay
- First time seeing the new Hobbit\Lord of the Rings game
- Found out that Demon Souls was a launch game
- Found out about the new PS+ Collection service.
- Got the price of the consoles
- Got the release date of the console launch

Shittymarimo133

Neo Member
No, Sillent Hill doesn't exists and same goes with MGS remake. Sony just wants to see these awards where they (plus other games available on their consoles) will earn a ton of awards and will show trailers. So basically it's 2h+ of marketing for them.
It does exist it’s gonna be embracing for you when it’s announce

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sony are first going to reveal Silent Hill.

Then, after that, a full blown remake of MGS1, 2, 3 and 4. All built form the ground up for PS5.

Then, a brand new Castlevania game that is developed by Sony Japan and FormSoftware.

THEN, they drop the mega news that they have purchased all gaming rights to all of Konami's IPs.

Then we'll get a GOW:R trailer to finish it off.

Nintendo will announce a new character for Smash and MS will show off a few indie games for Gamepass.

That's my modest predictions for tonight.

Kokoloko85

- First time we got Spiderman: MM gameplay
- First time seeing the new Hobbit\Lord of the Rings game
- Found out that Demon Souls was a launch game
- Found out about the new PS+ Collection service.
- Got the price of the consoles
- Got the release date of the console launch

I dunno it was pretty boring with all the trailers being replayed. Alot of people were expecting more exclusives like silent hills etc.

Considering we hadnt had no new games announced at the previous e3 either

mckmas8808

Banned
I dunno it was pretty boring with all the trailers being replayed. Alot of people were expecting more exclusives like silent hills etc.

Considering we hadnt had no new games announced at the previous e3 either

The rumor is, Sony decided to push back some announcements to later in 2020 to leave something "in the chamber" if that makes sense. We'll see if that is true or not. The only time they have is the TGAs now. So I guess we'll see in 7 hours. :)

So if they do a Returnal release date trailer with gameplay, I guess that leaves us with Ratchet & Clank and maybe something from God of War Ragnarok

mortal

Gold Member
I'll be watching for sure.

Although I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of the announcement styled teasers that tend to get featured at TGAs.
At the very least I hope to see most of the announcements for PS5/Series X titles run in-engine or realtime.

Short CGI teaser with logo treatment does nothing for me in terms of interest.

yurinka

It does exist it’s gonna be embracing for you when it’s announce
This game was supposed to be announced 2 or 3 times before this event. This game is supposed to be made by Toyama who just left the studio. And depending on who do you believe Kojima is involved, who ended his relationship with Konami in very bad way so very likely won't want to do anything with them (and according to this rumor Sony didn't buy the IP, which is the only option where I see Kojima working on Silent Hill or MGS, only could happen without Konami in the mix). And the existance of this game would mean Sony developing a game for an IP of another game publisher.

Too much things lead to think that this "rumor" it's just a fan wish.

What it could have been true is that Toyama's team would working on a Silent Hill-like horror game but without Konami involved and without using the Silent Hill name/IP, and maybe some day Kojima visited them and gave them some feedback and a couple of ideas. And that game would be almost ready to be released or got canned and this is the reason of why Toyama left now. If Sony is developing a Silent Hill game (using that IP) it would mean that Sony would have purchased that IP, which doesn't make a lot of sense because Konami doesn't have reasons to sell it and for Sony would't make sense to buy it becuse they don't need to buy IPs because they already have a lot of very successful ones that sell way more than Silent Hill.

Kokoloko85

The rumor is, Sony decided to push back some announcements to later in 2020 to leave something "in the chamber" if that makes sense. We'll see if that is true or not. The only time they have is the TGAs now. So I guess we'll see in 7 hours. :)

Hopefully yeah that makes sense. They might even keep it for E3 time next year because no1 was expecting MS to be such a dud when it comes to exclusives this year. Literally Playstation had no reason to announce more games I guess lol.

Im looking forward to hearing about the rumoured multiplayer game, the new San Deigo studio game, MGS, Silent Hill etc.

Top Bottom