• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
#14 - Fallout 4 plus all six dlcs. Writing was a bit cumbersome at times, game has more bugs than average, and the grinding got pretty intense at the end, but overall a good experience. What next?
My Name Is Mayo to contrast the hard work. :messenger_winking:

Con-Z-epT

10000 clicks?!?!?!?!
spoilers GIF by University of California

MikeM

I think I'm at 184 platinums. The rate has slowed down since I got Switch and GamePass. Also, the sheer number of 20 minute platinum games that cost 99 cents has also killed my motivation.
I avoid those. They aren’t “real” platinums in my eyes.

TexMex

LTE3s8A.jpg
CgEJYyt.jpg

#191 - Nobody Saves the World

This is the best $25 you can spend right now and I’d have happily paid $60. A truly great action RPG from the Guacamelee studio. Nothing missable for the plat, just fire it up and enjoy. Truly great.

#192 - Everybody’s Golf

This is a top 10 PS4 game for me. I’m a huge fan of this series since the PS1 and I never thought I’d get this plat. But they’re shutting the servers down in September so it was now or never and I hit the grind hard. Can’t say how much I love this game. Also - officially my rarest plat as well. Got my first trophy for this in August of 2017. Great ride.

Last edited:

MAtgS

#82 Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe
A couple of trophies are definitely unorthodox. There's 1 for playing the game for the entirety of a Tuesday but it unlocked at 1:37pm.

TexMex

hqaSHSq.jpg

#193 - Forbidden West

I’m not crazy about this but I’m the first to admit I have total open world burnout. I found it exhausting and the amount of dialogue was borderline comical. Towards the end I couldn’t skip it fast enough.

Also, and I’ll attribute this to bad luck because I haven’t heard a lot of people complaining, but I found it to be a technical mess. Constant glitching, sound cutting out, the shimmering that they still haven’t been able to fix in performance mode, bugged quests, one bugged trophy, stuck in geometry - you name it and I hit it. One of the least polished first party games I remember in some time for me.

On to the next one. Think I’m finally going to play FF7 remake.

Con-Z-epT

#193 - Forbidden West
Congrats!
I’m not crazy about this but I’m the first to admit I have total open world burnout. I found it exhausting and the amount of dialogue was borderline comical. Towards the end I couldn’t skip it fast enough.
It was a wonderful world to explore but lacked meaningful innovation and yes, the amount of story exposition was insane.
Also, and I’ll attribute this to bad luck because I haven’t heard a lot of people complaining, but I found it to be a technical mess. Constant glitching, sound cutting out, the shimmering that they still haven’t been able to fix in performance mode, bugged quests, one bugged trophy, stuck in geometry - you name it and I hit it. One of the least polished first party games I remember in some time for me.
Definitely far of from other first party games in terms of polish. I hadn't that many problems but especially the sound cutting of was a constant appearance for me.

MikeM

hqaSHSq.jpg

#193 - Forbidden West

On to the next one. Think I’m finally going to play FF7 remake.
FF7 is a solid platinum experience.

Con-Z-epT

#85 - Gran Turismo 7

I had 97% of the trophies within the first 10 days after release but do to the "three legendary cars" trophy it took me this long. It wasn't clear at first which cars are needed and together with timed availability and steep prices at the legendary dealership i missed a few. After the first round it was clear what cars are needed and then i saved up and waited. Today the last car dropped.

Otherwise a straight forward platinum that was a lot of fun. The "hardest" part comes from getting gold in all the licence tests that i would call challenging. Skill dependent but doable with enough repetition.

Usually i drop games after this point but i can't stop playing Gran Turismo 7.

#86 - My Name Is Mayo 3

I mean what to say it's kind of a cult at this point.

Last edited:

TexMex

Nice! GT7 is no joke.

I'm working on Mass Effect - but I think I'm going to bail.

Started and really enjoying Lego Star Wars. A very long grind but the low stress, podcast friendly plat I may need right now.

Con-Z-epT

Nice! GT7 is no joke.

I'm working on Mass Effect - but I think I'm going to bail.

Started and really enjoying Lego Star Wars. A very long grind but the low stress, podcast friendly plat I may need right now.
Never played a LEGO game. I'm also playing The Ascent. A lot that i like about the game and some things i don't. The atmosphere keeps me going.

What is it about Mass Effect that makes you quit?

Last edited:

TexMex

Never played a LEGO game. I'm also playing The Ascent. A lot that i like about the game and some things i don't. The atmosphere keeps me going.

What is it about Mass Effect that makes you quit?

It’s just so fucking boring. Just miles and miles of dialogue trees and when you do get to the parts that you play, the shooting just feels so archaic and awful. I know I’m late to the party but there’s no way this felt good in 2007 either.

Everyone hypes up the second game and I want to try it out, but it would have to be a trillion times better than this.

MikeM

It’s just so fucking boring. Just miles and miles of dialogue trees and when you do get to the parts that you play, the shooting just feels so archaic and awful. I know I’m late to the party but there’s no way this felt good in 2007 either.

Everyone hypes up the second game and I want to try it out, but it would have to be a trillion times better than this.
Ugh same. Tried the trilogy on Series X and couldn’t do it after three hours.

bootaski

Hey guys, I have a bunch in the pipeline, but I'm still on my initial playthrough with them so it'll be a while. Got 4 in the interim though:

#15 - The Longest Road on Earth. I would call this an artistic expression/exploration of the mundane routine of ordinary life. Only a few hours long, no missable trophies, pixel art, great soundtrack.

#16 - Ico. The game that convinced Miyazaki to get into game development. Had a great time with the 2 hour speedrun trophy.

#17 - Titanfall 2. You guys know this one, but I will say that I got Becomes the master by a margin of .05 seconds. Was anticipating a lot of time on this but got lucky after four hours. Hand cramps.

#18 - GT7. My first gt; had the most fun with the license tests, they were like dark souls bosses in driving test form. S10 - traction control 5, counter steering strong!

TexMex

Hey guys, I have a bunch in the pipeline, but I'm still on my initial playthrough with them so it'll be a while. Got 4 in the interim though:

#15 - The Longest Road on Earth. I would call this an artistic expression/exploration of the mundane routine of ordinary life. Only a few hours long, no missable trophies, pixel art, great soundtrack.

#16 - Ico. The game that convinced Miyazaki to get into game development. Had a great time with the 2 hour speedrun trophy.

#17 - Titanfall 2. You guys know this one, but I will say that I got Becomes the master by a margin of .05 seconds. Was anticipating a lot of time on this but got lucky after four hours. Hand cramps.

#18 - GT7. My first gt; had the most fun with the license tests, they were like dark souls bosses in driving test form. S10 - traction control 5, counter steering strong!

Less than a second for becomes the master for me as well. That thing was rough.

bootaski

Less than a second for becomes the master for me as well. That thing was rough.
Honestly I was resigning myself to the possibility of not getting it at all, or putting in a lot more time, but got lucky. Back button attachment on PS4 controller helped.

Hmm... What game is this?
It’s basically just unpacking moving boxes and putting them in the right area like bedroom,living room,bathroom,dining room,kitchen,you start as a little girl ,then she grows up,gets married has kids and you do the same with her kid she goes to college gets a girlfriend and when she grows up her girlfriend and herself adopts a kid,the story is told by the stuff you unpack.

bootaski

It’s basically just unpacking moving boxes and putting them in the right area like bedroom,living room,bathroom,dining room,kitchen,you start as a little girl ,then she grows up,gets married has kids and you do the same with her kid she goes to college gets a girlfriend and when she grows up her girlfriend and herself adopts a kid,the story is told by the stuff you unpack.
Mark Cerny has the plat, good reviews - I think I'll bite.

TexMex

xyUXFBx.jpg

Sonic Origins - #198

I never beat this back in the day and I’m here to tell you that these games fucking suck and anyone telling you that Sonic was better than Mario back in the day (or ever really) is a furry autist.

Skelterz

I got the platinum for South Park Fractured but whole great game easy platinum nothing missable aside from completing the game on mastermind it’s a worthwhile endeavour took about 30hrs and currently free to play on PS+ premium.

MikeM

I got the platinum for South Park Fractured but whole great game easy platinum nothing missable aside from completing the game on mastermind it’s a worthwhile endeavour took about 30hrs and currently free to play on PS+ premium.
Good to know. Going through stick of truth and its hilarious.

bootaski

#19 - Intelligent Qube. This is from PS premium. Someone on gaf mentioned it as an underrated title. I think it's a good game, but very short, you can do this in a few hours. I had to use the save state function exclusively because I couldn't get the regular save system to work.

#20 - Deathloop. Unlike texmex I really loved this one. The art style, the graphics, the gunplay - I just found it fun to be in the game world. Didn't read all the notes you pick up during the game though, I just ignored most of the text, and read a wiki that summarized the backstory.

Multiple games in the pipeline. Including elden ring, which I'll platinum eventually, but for now I'm just taking it all in. If you guys didn't already know, vaatividya on youtube has great lore videos about elden ring and all soulsborne games.

Skelterz

I recently played a game called Totally normal journey the interactive musical.. The trailer sold me it seemed like it would be a laugh however it was junk I earned the platinum but it wasn’t pleasant quite cringey, awful production value. The only saving grace was it cost me like £3 so it’s sort of difficult to complain too much.

The thing is you don’t actually play or do anything you just watch a series of events play out in a really poor art style and make a choice out of 2 options at the end of each segment that nets you a trophy it’s really dry to be honest just not my cup of tea and I’m a Brit I’m particular about my tea.

Last edited:

Erdrick

Working slowly on the new AI: The Somnium Files - The Nirvana Initiative. I platinumed the original game in a week and a half, but that was when I was laid off so this one will take me a little longer. Not difficult to do, by any means, but I am enjoying the madness of this story unfolding in front of me while earning said trophies.

Lunarorbit

Recently got the Plat for Tacoma and finally got it for tlou2. I had to go back and find some collectables.

Was working on actraiser renaissance but the end game is grindy and entails going back to each stage and accumulating 2,000,000 points. Kinda over it at this point though.

Initially I planned on getting GT5's Platinum as my 100th, but because its name is boring and letting those stupid B-Spec Races heat my room is undesireable in summer, so I switched to "Mankind's Brightest" from Deliver Us the Moon as the better "joke" for this milestone. One of those participation trophies where Gold could have been enough. Some trophies don't actually convey a worth of the level it represents. "Proper" Platinums were a fraction of all, in my opinion Sports Champions, Wipeout HD, Dirt2.0, Geometry Wars3, Steep, Velocity2X, The Witness and I guess all games of the Hitman HD Collection too, since I brute forced my way through it, while using a guide would have reduced the time needed considerably. Until Dawn Rush of Blood wasn't super easy, but the completion rate is surprisingly low. There are a few, sometimes Bronze, trophies I got, which do not appear that special but seem to be avoided/ignored by many players.

Zatzuken

1L37d399.png

#30 - Drive Girls
After a few easy Japanese visual novel plats that made me feel icky inside i started on this, wanted to play it for ages because anime girls AND cars, but honestly i thought it was very poor, boring levels, combat that felt like i was just hitting with normal attacks and then spamming healing items, and then grinding for money and stickers. Glad i played it still but it wasn't the game i had hoped for.

While i have the vita out I think I'm going to have a crack at Caligula effect, i have overdose on the ps4 but there's lots of ultra rares on the vita trophy list

LectureMaster

Gold Member
tZnMG6Y.png

Had an itch to play some free-flow combat and decided to platinum Asylum after five years.

Was not disappointed at all. It's such a classic, great level design (3D metroidvania), fantastic and satisfying combat system, and generally good characters and casting. It's amazing that a first game from a franchise by a studio that at the time had no fame at all can be this complete and mature.

And by replaying the game it further undergirds my preference of Batman over Spider-man. Although less nimble, Batman's style is just more punchy and impactful, and I really dig that gloomy and lonely vibe.

Arkham Knight was probably my favorite platinum experience so I am debating if I should also go with Arkham city, but the summer break is running out..

TexMex

B8eUeq3.jpg

#199 - Stray

Cool game and the speed run is extremely forgiving (I had a half hour left over) and the Can’t Catch Me trophy everyone is making a big deal about is hilariously overblown. Got it in 15 minutes. I feel like these days anything that takes one iota of effort to get and it’s just the hardest thing ever.

bootaski

#21 Elden Ring - Was going to do a blind run first before worrying about trophies, but did it all the first time through, I kind of mixed just playing and trophy hunting in one playthrough. 140 hours total. The lore is really fun to contemplate and think about; it was also a joy to just be immersed in the world while riding around and exploring.

#22 God of War: Ascension - on ps plus premium streaming. I first finished this on ps3 years ago but went back for trophies. I hope sony puts the god of war psp titles back up soon, I want to go through the whole saga in chronological order.

Top Bottom