• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

MikeM

#88 - Prodeus

I love this game! The art style and the gore drew me in but there is a surprisingly solid game behind all this. I could go on about for ever but the fact that i made a thread for the game should tell you enough.

[/URL]

Platinum is pretty straight forward. Nothing missable. One trophy requires you to finish a level of your choice on the hardest difficulty without dying. Sounds hard but it isn't. Once you unlocked the double jump and the dash this is doable. In fact the game could use an additional difficulty setting. Some levels are also fairly short.

The most challenging part comes from the weapon trials. Four short levels where you have to shoot targets with a specific weapon. At the end of the stage there are collectables that are only obtainable when you shoot all the targets in the time limit. You need them to 100% the game. First i thought i will never achieve this but once you have a good route through the level and focus on the targets and nothing else this was over pretty quick. Also a testiment as to how well the game plays with a controller.
Any Dualsense features? Currently going through it on Series X with GP.
I can’t stop seeing good word of mouth on this, going to buy it now! Thanks!
Enjoy. Its fantastic!

TexMex

pN5dxRl.jpg

#207 - Tunic

A truly amazing experience. I will say that while I’m not one to normally complain about difficulty, this actively took away from the game Vs games it can make better. It was just odd and unnecessary and took away from what I thought what the game was about (exploration and puzzle solving).

I have plats for nearly every From game, but I’m not sure I could have (or would have had the patience for) a lot of this. Around the 70% marker I used some of the assist options to get through, it’s brutal and not in a good way.

Beyond that - loved it. Amazing puzzles, exploration, visuals and a the best soundtrack of the year

bootaski

YCZQkMy.jpg

#30 - Rise of the Tomb Raider + all 5 dlcs. All in all 125 trophies, but never got tired of it - Lara was easy on the eyes, story was engaging, gameplay loop and its variations were all fun and well thought out. The only problem was some potentially disastrous bugs that could void trophy progress, but I was careful with cloud saves. Hoping that the next tr game in development continues the reboot trilogy's timeline, and also retains its voice actress.

XLHVs6V.jpg

Got in just for a nice sweet platinum from the PS plus extra catalog, but man this game really surprised me, such a beautiful experience.

The cast away solitary atmosphere build up was really awesome, the control was deliberately tuned to be bit clunky to simulate the outer space low gravity environment, the story mystery unfolded chapter by chapter, really sucked me such that every piece of collectible became a delight to find since they reveal the story more and more.

I guess the most precious part is the gameplay, usually you'd expect such type of games focusing on story and environment would just be plain walking simulator, but Deliver us the Moon actually managed to integrate some really cool and intense action moments - the space station blowing up in chapter 2, the fusion reactor escape in final chapter, really gave me some chills.

It's such a passionate and well crafted work, now I am so glad to know there is a sequel coming soon to continue the untold fates of the characters.

Last edited:
I was working on Assassin’s Creed Unity but gave up, at least at the moment (I’m like 75% done). It just got tedious and I lost interest. I’ll probably continue at some point after not playing for a while and getting the itch.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I was working on Assassin’s Creed Unity but gave up, at least at the moment (I’m like 75% done). It just got tedious and I lost interest. I’ll probably continue at some point after not playing for a while and getting the itch.
I am feeling the exact same way with Far Cry 6, I am nearly at 80% completion, only 7 or 8 trophies left but my goodness this game is a grind. Really had my fill of it now but it was a good change of pace.

I am going back for the dark souls remastered platinum after this.

TexMex

I am feeling the exact same way with Far Cry 6, I am nearly at 80% completion, only 7 or 8 trophies left but my goodness this game is a grind. Really had my fill of it now but it was a good change of pace.

I am going back for the dark souls remastered platinum after this.

Abandoned FC6 pretty early. I have four Far Cry series plats and I just couldn’t make myself so it again, not sure why I bought it. Nothing even especially wrong with it.

Got Dark Souls Remastered as well, very fun plat.

bootaski

A great video on how trophies and achievements can add value to video games. I've thought a bit about why I got into trophy hunting and why I enjoy it so much, and this guy's video has a good analysis. For me trophies represent skill, effort, dedication, creativity and accomplishment; it's also a way for me to pay tribute to good games.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
How was it? Been doing multiplayer only. Looks simple enough, beat it in veteran and no collectibles. How are those handful of co-op ones though?
Easy if you have a mate that can communicate. In story you just set difficulty to lowest and do them one by one. MW1 (CoD4) were wayyy harder.

cormack12

Gold Member
I've been matchmaking and got all the co op ones except 3 star the SAM mission and don't trigger alarms. Will probably get them tomorrow.

I believe the hardest one is 3 starring the SAMs because they are all miles away. 16 mins is a tight window

TexMex

AVB90yP.jpg

#32 - Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Even better than the first two, imo.

I should really go back to this. I didn't like it as much as Rise at all, and there's a lot of missables so I bounced off.

I'm just not focused at all lately. I've bought so, many, games - many I haven't even booted. Working on God of War and Cyberpunk mostly. Haven't even booted Tactics Ogre or Need for Speed. Sitting here waiting on Callisto to unlock. Too many games!!

bootaski

I should really go back to this. I didn't like it as much as Rise at all, and there's a lot of missables so I bounced off.

I'm just not focused at all lately. I've bought so, many, games - many I haven't even booted. Working on God of War and Cyberpunk mostly. Haven't even booted Tactics Ogre or Need for Speed. Sitting here waiting on Callisto to unlock. Too many games!!

I played it on PS5 because of the 4k60 patch SE put out. I also bought a ton of games recently. I played a few hours of tactics ogre, it seems very good so far.

TexMex

YFS5hFD.jpg

Not the unmitigated disaster some people are making it out to be but not great either. 6-7/10 game. Buy it at 20-30 bucks.

Also I have no idea how this game, at any time, could possibly have been remotely related to the PUBG universe. They had to have thrown everything out and started over. Can’t think of a single thing.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
#89 - The Callisto Protocol

I had a lot of fun with the game.

Hardest part might be 5 perfect dodges but even this one didn't take long. Did maximum security on my second playthrough and it was much easier than the initial one on normal. In general i think this is a fairly forgiving and fast platinum trophy. Can't wait to see what they will do with the DLC.

Just got the Plat from mass effect 1. I hadn't played it in over a year but I only had two trophies left for the plat and decided to get the 50 psn points for this month.

Maybe in 3 years I'll be able to afford cult of the lamb on the rewards page
10 plats = $10 PSN card, good old time was long gone.

Mr Hyde

#79 Terminator Resistance

Easy plat but it was a fun game. Very true to its source material. Felt like a true sequel to Judgement Day (instead of that abomination Dark Fate). Highly recommend if you're a fan of the first two Terminator -movies.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
#79 Terminator Resistance

Easy plat but it was a fun game. Very true to its source material. Felt like a true sequel to Judgement Day (instead of that abomination Dark Fate). Highly recommend if you're a fan of the first two Terminator -movies.
Be sure to check out the annihilation line DLC if you haven't already. A very good extension!

TexMex

This was the remake of the original MW2, or am i mistaking?

How do you rate it in terms of trophy difficulty? Time consumption? Love the look but not sure if i should jump in...

No this is the new new one! And it was super easy, only mildly annoying things were the co-op missions.

...but tied to Playstation... which service was it?

Premium its free but I think you can buy them individually for 5 bucks? But sorry by free I meant like, there's a debug/cheat menu. You can literally pop the plat in less than 10 minutes if you want to.

drganon

Got it a couple of days ago, but got the platinum for Mass effect 3 LE. Took the longest to get compared to the other two, but still not too difficult. Overall, that's my third platinum for this year so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom