• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios Steam Page is up

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
What is this 2009? Without taking sides here, this argument needs to go away.
Why? I game on a 65" TV with my PS5 in the living room, have an Mac mini and a 27"Monitor in the office. If I had a PC I also would not move it around or lay down a super long HDMI cable etc. no matter how capable.

on topic: I couldn't care less if all them games end up on PC. I want a box that I hook up and just works with no guesswork on my part. Hate the fact that the homologation of gaming platforms means I have to accept shit like DII technical network problems on a console.

I also have the cheapest M1 Mac mini as tech has evolved to a point where I just don't need more then the bare minimum available to handle my needs. I also want a console to give me 5-7 years of usage without having to think about upgrades.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Why? I game on a 65" TV with my PS5 in the living room, have an Mac mini and a 27"Monitor in the office. If I had a PC I also would not move it around or lay down a super long HDMI cable etc. no matter how capable.

Any argument about PC vs console gaming being differentiated between one being in a living room and one being at a desk is an old school way of thought that doesnt consider that:

- Plenty of people have PCs hooked up in their living room (myself included)
- There are plenty of other ways to stream PC games to your living room TV without even having your PC hooked up directly with an HDMI cable (Steam Link, steam on Shield/Android, NVIDIA streaming, Moonlight etc).

Its just an old argument that doesnt reflect modern gamers, technologies and setup options.

Last edited:
Huh, weird, they don't display the number of games anymore, it's just the amount of followers and the number of reviews. Never mind, every publisher page isn't showing the total amount of games anymore.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

MLB will have XB version. So it'll not take long.

GT will come to. I'm waiting it to buy. Never again I'll buy a Playstation game to any Playstation.
We're in the exact same boat. My friends and family just purchased King of Fighters 15 and I'm like, nah, can't buy it on PS4. PC only forever now.

O On Demand yes, we've all seen what they've done. Opened up games to a community of some who've never purchased a playstation console while setting records in the middle of a pandemic because their console continues to sell outrageously well?

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
It’s dumb. A few extra dollars gets them nothing.

All the while potentially losing new hardware owners, MTX revenue, and subscriptions.

I don’t care about PC. I buy PlayStation consoles and expect Sony to cater to my purchase. Not split time and development funds on some other platforms I have no intention of ever interacting with.

Stuart360

Any argument about PC vs console gaming being differentiated between one being in a living room and one being at a desk is an old school way of thought that doesnt consider that:

- Plenty of people have PCs hooked up in their living room (myself included)
- There are plenty of other ways to stream PC games to your living room TV without even having your PC hooked up directly with an HDMI cable (Steam Link, steam on Shield/Android, NVIDIA streaming, Moonlight etc).

Its just an old argument that doesnt reflect modern gamers, technologies and setup options.
My PC is permantly connected to my 55inch tv. I even control the PC from my sofa with a XSX controller lol. My PC is basically my entertainment system, all my gaming, movies, and tv are run through it.

GreatnessRD

All the while potentially losing new hardware owners, MTX revenue, and subscriptions.

I don’t care about PC. I buy PlayStation consoles and expect Sony to cater to my purchase. Not split time and development funds on some other platforms I have no intention of ever interacting with.
Your argument is pretty goofy to be honest.

Firstly, these consoles are sold at a loss. They don't give a fuck about them consoles. Granted, they wind up turning a profit, but they make their bread off of SOFTWARE SALES. Which PC would bring them and have brought them with their current lineup already on PC. They still get MTX revenue and all that jazz, so don't know what you're crying about. Playstation Plus? lol, yeah anyway. And its not about you caring because you aren't their only customer as time is showing. Development has and will always start first on Playstation then PC will be lucky to get it ported later. Nobody is splitting development time and you're still getting your game. Don't know what the problem is with you Sony loyalist. The money is getting made both ways.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

35lqnh5xrfb51.png

Last edited:

Neofire

It's a waste of time and effort to explain to "certain people" dude. They are praying daily that every ps title comes to PC.

They could care less about the Playstation platform, I few in here were stupid enough to blatantly and openly say it lol. Sony could discontinue the ps4/5 tomorrow and they would probably celebrate it lol.

It's funny how you say they could potentially lose new hardware owners...and follow that by saying "I don’t care about PC. I buy PlayStation consoles and expect Sony to cater to my purchase". They won't lose people who are interested in playing their own games or on their platforms. There's one thing that's not missing out there and that's people that don't play on PC.

The ones that already played mostly on PS, will not suddenly play on PC because Sony is on PC as well. Makes no sense. You do know there's a lot of 3rd party games out there that have sold more or earned more on PS than PC right? Sony has always been a hardware company as well, and they make money from selling hardware. Their games will be thought for their current hardware not PC. You'll be fine.

Last edited:
No reason to have a PS5 if everything goes to the PC with better graphics.
*after 2 years.
Maybe.
Even day and date, I think there is value in owning a PS5.

What the PlayStation brand is going to be is very dissimilar to what Xbox is.

PlayStation is still going to be an ecosystem and that doesn't require every first-party game to be console exclusive. There are always going to be people who want to be console gamers rather than a PC gamer. Who wants a PC in their living room?

I think we just need to open up to how gaming is changing and in many cases merging. I can't imagine Sony will ignore the possibilities of publishing 3rd party games on PC.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
It's funny how you say they could potentially lose new hardware owners...and follow that by saying "I don’t care about PC. I buy PlayStation consoles and expect Sony to cater to my purchase". They won't lose people who are interested in playing their own games or on their platforms. There's one thing that's not missing out there and that's people that don't play on PC.

The ones that already played mostly on PS, will not suddenly play on PC because Sony is on PC as well. Makes no sense. You do know there's a lot of 3rd party games out there that have sold more or earned more on PS than PC right? Sony has always been a hardware company as well, and they make money from selling hardware. Their games will be thought for their current hardware not PC. You'll be fine.

Not entirely true.

There’s plenty of PlayStation only players that mention if Sony brings all their games to PC and day and date, that they’ll no longer see a reason to buy the console. They just build a cheap PC instead.

Who can really blame them. The value is better on the PC side in that instance. Free multiplayer for example.

Like if Sony brings TLOU Factions to PC same time as PS, I can imagine them losing a lot of sales on PS due the fact that besides having another option to play elsewhere, it won’t cost anything to play online on PC.

Sony has to be very careful how they disrupt their very profitable PlayStation business.

On Demand

Banned
Your argument is pretty goofy to be honest.

Firstly, these consoles are sold at a loss. They don't give a fuck about them consoles. Granted, they wind up turning a profit, but they make their bread off of SOFTWARE SALES. Which PC would bring them and have brought them with their current lineup already on PC. They still get MTX revenue and all that jazz, so don't know what you're crying about. Playstation Plus? lol, yeah anyway. And its not about you caring because you aren't their only customer as time is showing. Development has and will always start first on Playstation then PC will be lucky to get it ported later. Nobody is splitting development time and you're still getting your game. Don't know what the problem is with you Sony loyalist. The money is getting made both ways.

Not as goofy as Jim Ryan’s and Hermen Hulst decisions lately.

The current first party games on PC isn’t exactly setting the charts on fire. They’re making very little revenue overall compared to what they make on PlayStation. PS gets them 3rd party sales, MTX, subscriptions, and their full priced games revenue costing $60 to $200. They’re chasing small profits on PC while dumbing down their own platform.

Hardware sales tie into all of this so yes hardware sales are very important.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

The current first party games on PC isn’t exactly setting the charts on fire. They’re making very little revenue overall compared to what they make on PlayStation. PS gets them 3rd party sales, MTX, subscriptions, and their full priced games revenue costing $60 to $200. They’re chasing small profits on PC while dumbing down their own platform.

They are already making the software for their consoles. God of War was ported by like 10 people. Not built from the ground up for 100s of millions. Seems they sold around 2 million copies so they made a juicy return on their investment and it will continue to sell for years. Also gives them inroads in places where consoles aren’t popular.

Get used to it I guess because it’s not gonna stop.

GreatnessRD

Doc Rivers Reaction GIF

Have a nice weekend, pimp. You're clearly psychotic.

JackSparr0w

Banned

But Sony makes nothing. Every single component of the playstation is made by another company and Sony puts it all together and sells it to you at a loss. Sony owes you nothing in fact you owe them so buy some games and don't complain.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
MLB will have XB version. So it'll not take long.

GT will come to. I'm waiting it to buy. Never again I'll buy a Playstation game to any Playstation.
I swear I had to double check I wasn't in the wrong thread lol

Why are you fighting greatness?

yurinka

Their main bussines is and will continue being PlayStation, so their focus will continue being PlayStation.

GoW PC is a 4 year old ported by half a dozen guys that is selling -like the other PC ports of old games- millions of copies in PC. So it's a cheap and very profitable secondary revenue source which also will give them extra fans and some extra console sales instead of negatively affecting them.

Last edited:

Withnail

The sales provide a nice income but personally I think Sony's PC strategy is mainly about IP development. That's why a PC port of TLOU is a dead cert but I think Bloodborne might not happen.

Mabdia

I swear I had to double check I wasn't in the wrong thread lol

Why are you fighting greatness?
I'm not. If anything, I'm finally embracing it. Fallow me here for a minute:

Playstation:

Censorship
No mods
Pay for online
Games prices raised
Deals isn't that good
Can only buy digitally from Sony

PC:

No censorship since any developer can sell a game and provide an update for the buyers of the game.
Mods everywhere for every taste.
Until now just the lunatics of Square raised their price
Steam Sales, Epic Sales, Ubi sales, GOG, etc... Also, I can buy from all that guys and more.
Oh, and I don't have to pay for the privilege to play online.

I remember that RE3R was released in Brazil for R$ 249, meanwhile it was released at Steam at R$130.

GT was in the Nvidia leak. Only a matter of time. For once in my life Nvidia saved me money because I would’ve bought that day 1.

Man... the leak was spot on on many things. If that confirms too... I can see the meltdown of internet. Happily I've already abandoned that sinking ship that PlayStation had became (and I'm not talking about sales here, in the case of someone of Sony Defense Force try to deflect what I'm saying, I'm talking about what they used to offer and what the offering nowadays).

Dream-Knife

Banned
But Sony makes nothing. Every single component of the playstation is made by another company and Sony puts it all together and sells it to you at a loss. Sony owes you nothing in fact you owe them so buy some games and don't complain.
Sony is largely owned by the same investment firms that control everything else (including Microsoft), Blackrock and Vanguard. It really doesn't matter.

yurinka

GT was in the Nvidia leak. Only a matter of time. For once in my life Nvidia saved me money because I would’ve bought that day 1.
According to that Nvidia 'leak' MS (not counting ABK) will release -as I remember- 14 or 16 AAA games this year, including some games that are in preproduction. Super credible.

Mabdia

Can you imagine what happens to any business that think like that? Can you imagine anyone being vocal saying that?

Sony owns everything that it have for anyone who bought their products, even for the guy who bought a single DVDR from Sony to burn a Copy of God of War on PS2. Without that people Sony does not have a reason to exist.

EDMIX

Playstation:

Censorship
No mods
Pay for online
Games prices raised
Deals isn't that good
Can only buy digitally from Sony
A lot to unpack here lol
PC:

No censorship since any developer can sell a game and provide an update for the buyers of the game.
Mods everywhere for every taste.
Until now just the lunatics of Square raised their price

Steam Sales, Epic Sales, Ubi sales, GOG, etc... Also, I can buy from all that guys and more.

The whole censorship thing is false btw. Many games have been censored or out right removed from storefronts on PC based on this, we had a whole fucking thread on this, look it up.

Mods....that is up to the publisher more then that is based on Playstation or even MS for that matter. On PS3, several titles supported mods btw, so that is more so a developer thing as even on PC, its not like EVERY game supports mods or something.

The price argument is even more flawed as you are stating "Playstation" and then contradicting yourself by confirming Squrae is doing it too, sooooooo what are you saying? You realize its up to publisher to do this, but oh hey PLAYSTATION is doing it though? Are you sure its not just based on publisher or? lol So the price argument is silly as the generation JUST started, Sony has that price raised as they are literally one of the few that have actually put out 100% NEXT GEN only titles, thus the price reflex that, you are just fucking looking at cross gen and last gen games or something and making it sound as if the price will remain based on this, its just a dumb notion. You could have made this argument in 2006 annnnnnd you would have been FUCKING WRONG cause the prices raised as soon as those next gen games started to come on PC, they didn't just take a hit for lolz to make you feel better, the prices reflected that shift. EA, Ubisoft, Take Two and many more won't just take a hit on PC and keep their games cheaper with no fucking history of doing so. So you are just talking about something that hasn't happened YET based on lack of next gen only titles by those publishers. So let me make a "bold" prediction, those publishers will raise the price as they put out next gen only games.

I swear to god, I'm shocked I even need to say this as I'm sure this isn't even the first generation for some of you, but I don't get how one really thinks Sony and now Square MUST be the only ones that will raise the price and no one else, when the fuck have you ever seen that and why did you ignore all fucking context regarding that point? That is not a "sony" thing, that is not a "playstation" thing, that is a next gen business is business and they fucking need to fund new games. You are ONLY seeing this based on the next gen only titles coming out, you'll see other publisher follow as they put out next gen only titles themselves like you saw last time this happened.

Steam sales are great, but sales are based on Publisher. This is a another bs lie btw as i don't even get why people keep repeating that shit... So no, Valve can't just put all Square or EA games on sale bud, I have no fucking clue where anyone gets this from lol This point is even more silly when you factor that on Playstation, XB, Nintendo, you can also buy a game USED sir, thus you can get it all year round cheaper then on Steam or most store fronts. Cause PC is mostly digital, it means they can control that and barely do sales if they feel like it and keep games at the same price, fuck you going to do? buy it used? =)

0f5c69cb-5b71-4093-b438-3cdedd0193d5_text.gif

lol

Want direct proof of this sir? Here you go.

vs

Tell us more about da "salez" lol Want to know how I know all this? I fucking own both platforms....

Last edited:

Banned
According to that Nvidia 'leak' MS (not counting ABK) will release -as I remember- 14 or 16 AAA games this year, including some games that are in preproduction. Super credible.

the dates are obviously not correct in that leak. but miltiple titles in there have been announced since. including stuff like Space Marine 2, which noone saw coming and was even overlooked by many in that leak because noone really cared about Space Marine anynore since it was a forgettable 360 third person shooter made by a small team.

suddenly a sequel gets announced out kf nowhere, and where was it first seen? in the Nvidia leak

yurinka

the dates are obviously not correct in that leak. but miltiple titles in there have been announced since. including stuff like Space Marine 2, which noone saw coming and was even overlooked by many in that leak because noone really cared about Space Marine anynore since it was a forgettable 360 third person shooter made by a small team.

suddenly a sequel gets announced out kf nowhere, and where was it first seen? in the Nvidia leak
The list may had some correct leaks or good guesses. But had a lot of fake fanfic stuff:

Things like Scalebound, MS publishing over a dozen AAA games in a single year, Sony publishing day one or last year PS5 games, Capcom games not copied from the Capcom leak like Monster Hunter G (a PS2 game), Monster Hunter 2nd G (whoever wrote this name didn't write properly the name of the PSP game) or Resident Evil Outbreak (copy pasted from the Capcom schedule leak where the hacker mistranslated the name of this game, that in Japanese said Resident Evil Outrage). Or well, even Nintendo publishing stuff on PC like Bayonetta 3.

Last edited:

Mabdia

A lot to unpack here lol

The whole censorship thing is false btw. Many games have been censored or out right removed from storefronts on PC based on this, we had a whole fucking thread on this, look it up.

Yeah... you're right:

“About the censorship, we tried to meet global standards,” Morita said. “Regarding the balance of the freedom of expression and safety for children, it’s a tough problem to deal with.”

Sony and PlayStation face criticism from Mark Kern, an Ex-Producer from Blizzard who claims the company is censoring games.
Are we entering a “new wave of puritanism hitting games”? Blizzard Ex-Producer Mark Kern seems to think so, as noted in a series of Tweets — as well as a recent trend of stories that boost his claims.

While many accusations of Sony USA and PlayStation dictating content to developers, rarely will someone within the development or publisher community chime in.
Not so with Mark Kern, a Blizzard Ex-Producer who worked on World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo II.

In a chain Tweet yesterday, Kern lashed out at PlayStation and Sony USA, accusing them of censoring Sony Japan’s content and taking part in “a new wave of puritanism hitting games”:

20 Ladies is an upcoming platformer from Eastasiasoft known for its previous lewd titles like Hentai Vs. Evil, Wife Quest, and the Pretty Girls series and, like some of its other titles, 20 Ladies is not shying away from nudity with its release on the Nintendo Switch. Essentially, each time a player clears a simple platforming level, they get to view "an alluring image." The game's release on PS4 and PS5, however, is being completely revamped to meet the restrictions that Sony has on graphic nudity to the point where 20 Ladies becomes a completely different game on the platform.

Recently the censored Martha is Dead.

Mods....that is up to the publisher more then that is based on Playstation or even MS for that matter. On PS3, several titles supported mods btw, so that is more so a developer thing as even on PC, its not like EVERY game supports mods or something.

Yes. There this. But as said in an old movie, "Nature find it's ways"

Uncharted 4 was made to not have any mod. Yet a jail-broken PS4 can run it at 60FPS. This shows that everything about mods just being possible because publishers/developers is wrong. At best it can makes things easier. Just that.

Talking about the price... why don't you showed me the price on PSN? Aren't we talking about the digital platforms? Or in the middle of our conversation we changed the topic for physical distribution of games?

Since I'm not in US, the link of Steam shows me the price in my country's currency. So I'll talk about my currency. Sadly I can't see Steam prices in dollars.

GwEHssS.png

al8iqoC.png

This edition of WWII is the cheapest that we can buy in PSN.
95KJtJO.png

Ghost cost more on PSN at a sale than it's counterpart at Steam without any sales... So... your point is?

The only part of your argument about prices that you are correct is that the new premium price for games is something to do with publishers. But Sony as a platform holder should set a example.

But then we can come for the idiotic argument that games cost more to be developed nowadays. Yeah, it cost more to be developed, but it also sells more. Not only that, they put so much filler in the games nowadays just for the sake of it... of corse that it will raise the cost to develop it as well.

Zeroing

Banned
Since I'm not in US, the link of Steam shows me the price in my country's currency. So I'll talk about my currency. Sadly I can't see Steam prices in dollars.

GwEHssS.png

al8iqoC.png

This edition of WWII is the cheapest that we can buy in PSN.
95KJtJO.png

Ghost cost more on PSN at a sale than it's counterpart at Steam without any sales... So... your point is?

The only part of your argument about prices that you are correct is that the new premium price for games is something to do with publishers. But Sony as a platform holder should set a example.

But then we can come for the idiotic argument that games cost more to be developed nowadays. Yeah, it cost more to be developed, but it also sells more. Not only that, they put so much filler in the games nowadays just for the sake of it... of corse that it will raise the cost to develop it as well.
I don’t wanna meddle on this fight but Brazil is a mess for pricing because of laws by the government and if you want to see a better comparison look the prizes for PSN Portugal then PSN Spain!

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
One major reason why PC games is cheaper in general, is due to the many additional discount methods not common on consoles, for example “complete your bundle” with dynamic pricing and “cross franchise collaborative bundle”, or even bundle of every games from a publisher.

Mabdia

I don’t wanna meddle on this fight but Brazil is a mess for pricing because of laws by the government and if you want to see a better comparison look the prizes for PSN Portugal then PSN Spain!
I have to agree with that. But the problem is the Steam Prices. I would prefer use the prices in US$, but sadly I can't.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Uncharted 4 was made to not have any mod. Yet a jail-broken PS4 can
That simply proves the mod comment moot. It means if you are saying something like PC vs PS and using mods as some example, you need to consider that is now moot if you are just going to confirm that can be done literally on PS4....

Mods on PC.
Mods on PS4.

Same.
Or in the middle of our conversation we changed the topic for physical distribution of games?
Because its relevant. If you are bringing up a sale based on getting a discount, I have no clue why one would not bring up the discount of used games all year round. Its trying to limit a subject just to argue vs logic and reason.
Since I'm not in US
Yet I'm 99.9% sure used games exist in your country though....
I'm not sure any publisher can even do much about that whole situation without taking massive loses btw. So if Ghost cost you more on PSN, buy it used instead lol
But then we can come for the idiotic argument that games cost more to be developed nowadays.
True, but that just circles back the point of having another market to balance that out, you think in the future with more expensive games that only buying from a digital store is going to help you even more so with what you are telling me about your country? the fuck? lol So this is where buying used physical is just too much of a solution to get mad at it being brought up.

So games will cost more, I see no reason to then limit where you buy them from knowing that price set by the publisher.

Mabdia

EDMIX EDMIX

That simply proves the mod comment moot. It means if you are saying something like PC vs PS and using mods as some example, you need to consider that is now moot if you are just going to confirm that can be done literally on PS4....

Mods on PC.
Mods on PS4.

Same.

No. It's no the same.

To use any mod on PS4 for example, you have to have access to a jail-broken PS4, with that I CAN'T play new games. Meanwhile I can use any mod on a PC whenever I want and be able to play new games without any problem.

That alone is a huge difference.

PS5 for instance, it is impossible to use some PC's mods for RE2, for example. But in a jail-break PS4 it is possible.

Because its relevant. If you are bringing up a sale based on getting a discount, I have no clue why one would not bring up the discount of used games all year round. Its trying to limit a subject just to argue vs logic and reason.

No, it's not. It could be relevant if we were discussing the game market as a general. We are talking about the prices practiced by Sony, not the retailers. Sony does not have any control in used market.

Yet I'm 99.9% sure used games exist in your country though....

Yeah, it does exist. But Sony does not sell to us used games, does they? Since the beginning of our conversation I'm talking about Sony's pricing, not Amazon, not GameStop, nor Play-Asia, but Sony's Playstation Store. I've talked about the prices that Sony themselves put in games.

Now, if you want we can change the focus(topic) of the conversation but it will have nothing to do with Sony's Prices or Sony as a Plataform holder, but with the retailer or the people who are selling you a used game. It has no relevancy for what we are talking about. Since Sony does not choose their prices based on used games sellers.

Sega Orphan

Banned
I personally think Sony will move closer to day and date on all releases. The reality is that most basic households prefer the ease of console gaming over PC, and yes, while PC gaming is now easier than ever, it's still not plug and play like console gaming is.

So if Sony can keep their console buisness intact, and then sell another 5 million games on PC as well, they are going to do it. The path that MS has taken with adopting PC and Xbox will be copied by Sony. There's just too much money and opportunities to get from it. I wouldn't be surprised to see both MS and Sony develop more games for switch, because let's be honest, the switch isn't in competition with Xbox or PS. It's a different audience really.
Sony is a different beast under Jim Ryan, and the died in the wool fanboys are going to have some rough times ahead I think.

Corndog

Banned
Nah. I like a console. Gaming PCs are nice but waaaay too expensive. And I know when I say that tons of PC guys are gonna say 'I can build you a better PC for cheaper', the answer is 'no' and 'ya can't anyway'.

I like my console.
Consoles will always be cheaper with above average performance and hopefully less technical issues. Just play on what you prefer. I will probably game on pc at least for the near future.

EDMIX

It's no the same
its yes the same.

You are saying one can use mods even if the developer didn't make mods for it.

That applies to both lol Did you not realize that?

It means its moot bud.
But Sony does not sell to us used games, does they?

"Does they" not selling used games matters not lol

Your fucking problem can be solved based on used games existing, you are trying to limit this conversation to argue a point that doesn't make sense. Even this whole "Sony's Pricing" they can only control what they publish in terms of price, on Steam, PSN or XB, that is actually controlled by the publisher, not Sony, MS, Valve etc. You know a easier way exist to get games cheaper and only want to force this narrative to argue about something else lol

That shit sounds pointless, have a good one.

Top Bottom