• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios 2022 hopes and predictions

BatSu

Screenshot_20210910_114627_com.instagram.android_edit_708050693629979-1024x830.jpg
About A Boy

Atreus

3A6.gif

AmuroChan

I think SingStar would be a no brainer for PS5 though. It's been on every PlayStation since the PS2.

I think if it was a no-brainer there would be more frequent releases of SingStar games. The last game was released in 2017, and it received zero marketing push. The game just came and went and sits at a 62 on Metacritic. As far as we know, London Studio is working on a AAA game currently (based on job listings). I don't think SingStar is at the top of the list when it comes to what Sony wants their 1st party studios to be working for the PS5.

Naughty Dog: Factions to release
SSM: God of War to release this year

Don't have any other hopes really.

Horizon, God of War, GT7 and Factions would be a great year.

Kokoloko85

MGS and Silent Hill - Bluepoint, Kojima Studios
New IP from Naughty Dog
New Miyazaki Souls game
New Ueda Game
New IP Kojima

Couple exclusive JRPG’s.
Onimusha 5

MGS and Silent Hill - Bluepoint, Kojima Studios
New IP from Naughty Dog
New Miyazaki Souls game
New Ueda Game
New IP Kojima

Couple exclusive JRPG’s.
Onimusha 5
The Miyazaki game will be Armored Core 6

Not only has sony signed that deal with kadokawa which is already making Relayer, but they’ve been hiring for Xdev in Japan to work on AAA games there. This will be the first one. the majority of their games have been on playstation till this point, they had two exclusives last gen, one so far this gen (remake), and two on ps3

Book it.

Last edited:
last year and half were the worst to me in terms of announcements. as a Playstation fan.
last event was in June 2020. PS5 showcase. E3 2021 Sony isn't there. we get Playstation Showcase in September 2021.
Jim, Hermen, Shuhei, Sony developers and insiders are hyping it up. "it will be bunch of AAA Sony exclusives"
we get bunch of multiplatform games, timed exclusives, trailers for games we already know about, and at the end...
GOW gameplay, Spiderman 2, which we already knew was in development and only real announcement, CGI Wolverine trailer.
only thing I get since June 2020 is Wolverine and that great Horizon State Of Play. that's it. maybe I forgot something ?
I know there were some Sate Of Plays with smaller game. I'm talking about AAA Sony studio game.
Jim said 25 games are in development. you couldn't make 5 teasers for 5 games ? like Guerrilla Games and Santa Monica second team games

I wanna see some new Sony IP's and Motorstorm,Resistance or Warhawk Remaster. I wanna see what comes after Horizon, GT and GOW

last year and half were the worst to me in terms of announcements. as a Playstation fan.
last event was in June 2020. PS5 showcase. E3 2021 Sony isn't there. we get Playstation Showcase in September 2021.
Jim, Hermen, Shuhei, Sony developers and insiders are hyping it up. "it will be bunch of AAA Sony exclusives"
we get bunch of multiplatform games, timed exclusives, trailers for games we already know about, and at the end...
GOW gameplay, Spiderman 2, which we already knew was in development and only real announcement, CGI Wolverine trailer.
only thing I get since June 2020 is Wolverine and that great Horizon State Of Play. that's it. maybe I forgot something ?
I know there were some Sate Of Plays with smaller game. I'm talking about AAA Sony studio game.
Jim said 25 games are in development. you couldn't make 5 teasers for 5 games ? like Guerrilla Games and Santa Monica second team games

I wanna see some new Sony IP's and Motorstorm,Resistance or Warhawk Remaster. I wanna see what comes after Horizon, GT and GOW

Games will still come out regardless of whether we get teasers now or teasers in 3 months. It’s better they come closer to release so we aren’t tired of seeing the games every year after.

If i had it my way we wouldn’t have saw that wolverine teaser and spider-man 2 would have been announced this spring

yurinka

1. SingStar will most likely be part of their mobile initiative.
2. Bluepoint's next projects are heavily rumored to be Bloodborne Remastered and Bloodborne 2.
3. The big MP game is Factions. I don't think Sony will try to push two first party MP games in the same year.
Singstar fits perfectly mobile gaming. But knowing Dual Sense has mics and that in PS4 you already were able to play using your phone as mic, I see Singstar to continue on PS4/PS5 too.

Redarging Bluepoint, I think that if they are really working on Bloodborne I'd bet they'd be making a remaster/PS5 version+PC port plus a new DLC, in a Director's Cut fashion.

Regarding big MP games, I think they will have GT7 in H1 (even if many people play SP only) and Factions for H2. They have several 1st and 2nd MP games more coming but I think none of them will be ready for 2022. They could have Helldivers 2 for 2022 or 2023 but I think it's a smaller title. Their next big MP game I think would be Firewalk's one, but I think will be for 2023 or 2024.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

The Miyazaki game will be Armored Core 6

Not only has sony signed that deal with kadokawa which is already making Relayer, but they’ve been hiring for Xdev in Japan to work on AAA games there. This will be the first one. the majority of their games have been on playstation till this point, they had two exclusives last gen, one so far this gen (remake), and two on ps3

Book it.
As much as I like Armoured Core, I want a Miyzaki + PS studios Souls game lol

AmuroChan

Singstar fits perfectly mobile gaming. But knowing Dual Sense has mics and that in PS4 you already were able to play using your phone as mic, I see Singstar to continue on PS4/PS5 too.

Redarging Bluepoint, I think that if they are really working on Bloodborne I'd bet they'd be making a remaster/PS5 version+PC port plus a new DLC, in a Director's Cut fashion.

Regarding big MP games, I think they will have GT7 in H1 (even if many people play SP only) and Factions for H2. They have several 1st and 2nd MP games more coming but I think none of them will be ready for 2022. They could have Helldivers 2 for 2022 or 2023 but I think it's a smaller title. Their next big MP game I think would be Firewalk's one, but I think will be for 2023 or 2024.

If I'm reading Jim Ryan correctly, my prediction is Singstar goes to Mobile. It's such an obvious fit and they can get people into SingStar without requiring them to buy a PS5.

I think a Director's Cut for BB makes sense.

You're right. I think GT7 should have a pretty robust online community.

Kokoloko85

The leaks are saying the combat is pretty souls-like…. Could be a nice change of pace

I feel like Miyazaki has to leave the castles and cathedrals alone for a while after Elden ring

For sure it will be cool.

Id still never say no to Miyzaki doing castles and cathedrals though lol.
He’s probably tired of it himself, maybe something in a different setting like Sekiro did After Armoured Core

Perrott

Gold Member
2022 PS Studios game releases:
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • MLB The Show 22
  • Bloodborne remaster
  • Horizon: Call of the Mountain
  • New Astro game
  • Impulse Gear's VR game
  • God of War: Ragnarok
  • Helldivers 2
  • Factions
  • The Last Of Us Remake
  • The Last Of Us: Part II Director's Cut
2023 & beyond PS Studios announcements:
  • Firewalk Studios' new MP IP
  • From Software's new IP
  • New Bloodborne game
  • New inFAMOUS project
  • New Silent Hill game - developed by Kojima Productions
  • New Sly Cooper game
  • New Twisted Metal game
  • New WipEout game
  • Santa Monica Studio's new fantasy IP - written in collaboration with Brandon Sanderson
Bonus:
  • PlayStation VR2 releases in Spring
  • SIE acquires over six game development studios
  • First event of the year comes in February

MiguelItUp

Hopes
  • Bloodborne Remaster or Remake
  • Twisted Metal reveal (and it hopefully looks good/decent)
Predictions
  • Honestly, nothing that hasn't already been said

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We are, of course, finally in a place where PlayStation boasts truly incredible first party lineups. PlayStation has impressively built itself up over the course of the last two and a half decades and has spent a ridiculous amount of money to go from zero to hundred.

Whether it stands tallest is another discussion entirely – and one that will always boil down to personal preferences more than anything else.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Naughty Dog: New IP and TLOU remake
Sucker Punch: Ghost of Tsushima 2
Insomniac Games: Resistance 3 remake or Resistance 4
Asobi: Astro's adventure
Bend: Syphon Filter (I know, I know they're making a new IP)
Pixelopus: New platformer or the rumored Sly Cooper

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Naughty Dog: New IP and TLOU remake
Sucker Punch: Ghost of Tsushima 2
Insomniac Games: Resistance 3 remake or Resistance 4
Asobi: Astro's adventure
Bend: Syphon Filter (I know, I know they're making a new IP)
Pixelopus: New platformer or the rumored Sly Cooper

Looks like a very safe line-up. More of the same. I hope this is wrong and we get some new IPs.

Hobbygaming

Looks like a very safe line-up. More of the same. I hope this is wrong and we get some new IPs.
Yeah we do know Bend is making a new IP, Cory Barlog/ SSM, Firesprite, Firewalk, Deviation Games and Haven are all making new IPs for PS5 and some Sony studios have multiple teams now

We should have plenty of new IPs

yurinka

Yeah we do know Bend is making a new IP, Cory Barlog/ SSM, Firesprite, Firewalk, Deviation Games and Haven are all making new IPs for PS5 and some Sony studios have multiple teams now

We should have plenty of new IPs
Hermen Hulst said that around half of their over 25 games under development are new IPs. Since he said that they released a few sequels/director's cuts/remasters, so we'll see many Sony new IPs in the next few years. Bungie said they plan to release at least one (so maybe they release more) new IP before 2025.

Hobbygaming

Hermen Hulst said that around half of their over 25 games under development are new IPs. Since he said that they released a few sequels/director's cuts/remasters, so we'll see many Sony new IPs in the next few years. Bungie said they plan to release at least one (so maybe they release more) new IP before 2025.
I forgot Hermen said that, that's a lot of new IPs. We can always count on Sony to bring a good amount of new IPs every gen

Top Bottom