• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: Top downloads of 2020

NonPhixion

It seems that digital may have sold more than physical in 2020, so it is possible that it did have more sales.

Being that two PS exclusives were right behind Minecraft without consider physicals sales. Very doubtful that minecraft sold more than either of them overall.

Surprises me how low TLOU 2 is and no GoT in Europe. Below NBA 2k20, who even buys NBA games in Europe? Modern Warfare and GTA V above it? FIFA 20 as well, even though FIFA sales are front loaded (the vast bulk would have come in 2019). Doesn’t seem right.
Basketball has a huge following in Spain, Italy, Balkans, Greece, Germany, Turkey etc. Shouldn’t surprise you at all.

Was there like a super sale on NBA2k20 for us Europeans? Like 1€ or something?

I‘m also disgusted to see FIFA take 1 and 2.

fvng

Maybe not, but the truth is that it's MS game. Is there a XGS logo in the PS4 version of Minecraft?

No, you do get menu option to link your account with a Microsoft account but I never saw XGS logo the last time I played, maybe someone else can confirm if that's still the case.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Given how important exclusives are, and that Sony games are the best in the world, I'm surprised not to see more exclusives on the list, and are actually surprised about how few there are.

Seems that the PlayStation audience doesn't want anything to do with the PS4 version of Miles Morales. Just waiting to get it on PS5 whenever they can get one lol.
Ummm what? This is the top 10 for the whole year. Miles Morales not being in that on PS4 after 2 months only isn't surprising. During November, it was the third best selling PS4 game in the US and the fourth best selling one in Europe. As for December, we don't know as Sony never put out a December chart yet. The game has done fine on PS4.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Given how important exclusives are, and that Sony games are the best in the world, I'm surprised not to see more exclusives on the list, and are actually surprised about how few there are.
Their biggest exclusives released in 2020 all made the list. Looks like you were more focus on trying to create a post to trash Sony instead of actually looking at the list.

The_Mike

Their biggest exclusives released in 2020 all made the list. Looks like you were more focus on trying to create a post to trash Sony instead of actually looking at the list.

GoT didn't even make it on the EU list.

And wouldn't their exclusives from former years still sell? I mean gta v still sells a lot. I know it also has an online component, but people still buys it for the campaign as well.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
GoT didn't even make it on the EU list.

And wouldn't their exclusives from former years still sell? I mean gta v still sells a lot. I know it also has an online component, but people still buys it for the campaign as well.
Now you're getting desperate. lol

You're using GTAV as example when nearly every single game on the market isn't selling this well after so many years. Now you're using GoT being off the EU list in an attempt to make a point.

It's not working. lol

All of their biggest exclusives made the list, but you want to claim to say you expected "more" to be on there when in fact Sony hasn't released a lot more than what's on the list right now.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
? Spider-man Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Sackboy, TLOU 2, Ghost of Tsushima, that's almost all of the recent exclusives in the top 10 for the PS5 and PS4

The_Mike

Now you're getting desperate. lol

You're using GTAV as example when nearly every single game on the market isn't selling this well after so many years. Now you're using GoT being off the EU list in an attempt to make a point.

It's not working. lol

All of their biggest exclusives made the list, but you want to claim to say you expected "more" to be on there when in fact Sony hasn't released a lot more than what's on the list right now.

I'm desperate? You're the poor fellow seeing everything in absolutes.

Who's busy telling other people's opinion is wrong because it doesn't fit their agenda?

Thomish

Pretty much half the list are Sony exclusives?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm desperate? You're the poor fellow seeing everything in absolutes.

Who's busy telling other people's opinion is wrong because it doesn't fit their agenda?
Their biggest exclusives all made the list for 2020. That's not an agenda, it's a fact.

Gandih42

Europe is so fucking dumb. Fifa, nba, cod.

I never bought a PS4 but borrowed my friends unit two years ago and finally started catching up on all the games I'd missed.

Literally the only game he used it for was FIFA. He thought about getting it back when FIFA20 was released, but luckily never ended up getting it. Even now, the only time he brings up getting it back is so he can beat his girlfriend in FIFA.

I tell you, this FIFA, COD, NBA shit is not surprising at all. All I'm hoping for now is that he'll get a PS5 and I'll just quietly borrow it off him forever.

MrA

Banned
Gta 5 os going to be the best selling game on the ps5 and xbsex over their life span.
Also the average consumer certainly has different taste in games than I do, but that's not a problem but it is a testament to how reliant sony has always been on hooking in the casual sports only audience,

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I get that Demon Soul is a niche title but suprised Spider man didn’t take the top spot on PS5.

Always nice to see Ghost trouncing TLoU2.

Top Bottom