• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: Top downloads of 2020

kretos

Banned

PS5 Games

US/CanadaEurope
1Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
2Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles MoralesMarvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
3Assassin’s Creed ValhallaAssassin’s Creed Valhalla
4NBA 2K21 Next GenerationFIFA 21
5Demon’s SoulsDemon’s Souls
6Madden NFL 21Watch Dogs: Legion
7FIFA 21Immortals Fenyx Rising
8Sackboy: A Big AdventureNBA 2K21 Next Generation
9Immortals Fenyx RisingSackboy: A Big Adventure
10Watch Dogs: LegionTom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege

PS4 Games

US/CanadaEurope
1Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarFIFA 21
2Grand Theft Auto VFIFA 20
3Call of Duty: Modern WarfareGrand Theft Auto V
4MinecraftCall of Duty: Modern Warfare
5Ghost of TsushimaCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
6The Last of Us Part IIMinecraft
7NBA 2K21NBA 2K20
8NBA 2K20The Last of Us Part II
9Final Fantasy VII RemakeThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
10Madden NFL 21Red Dead Redemption 2

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well no Fortnite so that's cool.

Does anyone actually think of Microsoft when they think of Minecraft? I don't. What I really want is a comparison of how the exclusives for each console sold.
Maybe not, but the truth is that it's MS game. Is there a XGS logo in the PS4 version of Minecraft?

Fbh

Well no Fortnite so that's cool.

F2P games had a separate list:

5QEt231.jpg

I'm actually surprised Rocket League Beat Fortnite.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
F2P games had a separate list:

5QEt231.jpg

I'm actually surprised Rocket League Beat Fortnite.
Wonder the amount of downloads vs the payed content, but I don't think we get them. Damn Rocket League is beast, did not know that it's performing like that.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Surprises me how low TLOU 2 is and no GoT in Europe. Below NBA 2k20, who even buys NBA games in Europe? Modern Warfare and GTA V above it? FIFA 20 as well, even though FIFA sales are front loaded (the vast bulk would have come in 2019). Doesn’t seem right.

Last edited:
Interesting list. Wonder when we'll see a Minecraft next gen version including raytracing and if Sony will get that version or if they have to rely on Ps4 BC

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
who even buys NBA games in Europe?
Well they are the best basketball games, so anyone who likes basket is probably buying one as there are no games (afaik) focused on european leagues.

Dthomp

Surprises me how low TLOU 2 is and no GoT in Europe. Below NBA 2k20, who even buys NBA games in Europe? Modern Warfare and GTA V above it? FIFA 20 as well, even though FIFA sales are front loaded (the vast bulk would have come in 2019). Doesn’t seem right.

I think what gamers don't realize is that to many people sports games are the pinnacle of replay value to many and that their $60 spent will go alot further then any other game. Doesn't make them better games, but I can say that MLB the Show for me was either my most played or second most played game this year and I generally play alot of games, and I didn't spend a dollar past the purchase of the game and still stayed busy with it.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Only if your of the "TLOU2 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE BIGOTS" crowd, for everyone else the fact Sony stopped giving sales numbers after the first month was a dead giveaway.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Well they are the best basketball games, so anyone who likes basket is probably buying one as there are no games (afaik) focused on european leagues.
It’s just not a commonly followed sport from my anecdotal experience, probably on par with darts or snooker in the UK.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think what gamers don't realize is that to many people sports games are the pinnacle of replay value to many and that their $60 spent will go alot further then any other game. Doesn't make them better games, but I can say that MLB the Show for me was either my most played or second most played game this year and I generally play alot of games, and I didn't spend a dollar past the purchase of the game and still stayed busy with it.
I understand the value of sports games, I know loads of people who play FIFA and Pro Evo.

devilNprada

I remember my brother got a PS2 for Xmas and the only game he ever played on it was NCAA football.... over and over
edit: Pretty sure he missed Gen 3 just doing roster updates to his PS2.....

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Like i said, those goty awards etc are all laughable. What people really play is something completely different from what those outlets try to make you believe.

now why did you have to make this stupid post? now i want to make a stupid console warring post but i can't cause i don't want to be banned

PlasticInsistentEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif
Why is it triggering you so much?
Me: Huh a Microsoft game sold more than a Sony exclusive on their console, who woulda thought that would have ever happened.
Sonygaf: REEEEEEEEE.
If Sony released TLOU Remastered next year on Xbox and it outsold Halo Infinite I'd make the same post.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Ghost of Tsushima sold
More than TLOU 2 ?! That is an eye opener.
This is only PSN downloads.

If TLOU 2 is still top seller in the US during this month's NPD, then it would mean TLOU sold more via retail or GoT was more popular in Canada.

THEAP99

Banned
This is only PSN downloads.

If TLOU 2 is still top seller in the US during this month's NPD, then it would mean TLOU sold more via retail or GoT was more popular in Canada.
True. people who think ghost outsold tlou2 are fooling themselves.

Top Bottom