• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store on PS3 and PS Vita Will Continue Operations

saintjules

Jim Ryan
President & CEO, Sony Interactive Entertainment

Recently, we notified players that PlayStation Store for PS3 and PS Vita devices was planned to end this summer.

Upon further reflection, however, it’s clear that we made the wrong decision here. So today I’m happy to say that we will be keeping the PlayStation Store operational for PS3 and PS Vita devices. PSP commerce functionality will retire on July 2, 2021 as planned.

When we initially came to the decision to end purchasing support for PS3 and PS Vita, it was born out of a number of factors, including commerce support challenges for older devices and the ability for us to focus more of our resources on newer devices where a majority of our gamers are playing on. We see now that many of you are incredibly passionate about being able to continue purchasing classic games on PS3 and PS Vita for the foreseeable future, so I’m glad we were able to find a solution to continue operations.

I’m glad that we can keep this piece of our history alive for gamers to enjoy, while we continue to create cutting-edge new game worlds for PS4, PS5, and the next generation of VR.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us – we’re always listening and appreciate the support from our PlayStation community.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Uno Reverse GIF by MOODMAN

Step in the right direction but what about the projects that were cancelled on Vita? Its good they sorted it out, for the most part, but they need to improve their communication clearly.

skit_data

Nice, i wonder if they planned this before announcing the stores would shut down. No, that seems strange, to got bad press for several weeks. Anyway, really nice!

Last edited:

Ceadeus

I really wish I was a bird so I could have sit on Sony's window and watch and listen who first authorized the decision then who came in and said NO, STOP!

Because it has to be this dumb, right?

assurdum

Banned
But how? How can this devil man known as Jim Ryan be the one behind this reverse decision?

Surely there must be a second agenda behind this, one that will make him take down Playstation once and for all.
It's a trick. He just wait to caught us out of the guard and only God knows what his evil mastermind and Sony have planned behind the scene.
Austin Powers Movie GIF

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hey look, i guess online bitching and moaning on gaf does mean something!

I could swear everyone was telling me to stfu and to stop my bitching and moaning about issues I've had with Sony.

Lesson of the day:

ZGD6BWO.gif

Made everyone rush out to buy PS3 and Vita games only to do a 180 once they got the amounts of cash they wanted whilst also getting all the good PR from a u-turn "for the players"

MY FUCKING CEO
lmao. he played us!

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
They just needed all the collectors to drop a ton of money real fast. Jim laughing to the bank.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
But I thought they didnt listen to internet nerds?

When you scream loud enough they hear.

Now buy GTA 6 make it exclusive :messenger_smirking: :messenger_smirking: :messenger_smirking:

Top Bottom