• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play | August 6th 2020 | NO MAJOR PS5 ANNOUNCEMENTS

Nickolaidas

Banned
Godfall reminds me of this:

A game many disliked, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I remember being hyped about this, getting angry with the journalists when they started giving it 4 and 5 out of 10s, then saw a couple of gameplay clips and never bothered with it ever again.

PresetError

Neophyte
Playstation just pulled the best Nintendo Direct of the year.

Worst game of the showcase was Godfall IMO. Enemy's IA seems garbage.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Holy fuck. The whole showcase was... terrible.
What showcase? I know it was kinda similar to MS Showcase but this wasn't a Showcase
It was State of Play, these games had no limelight last month and will probably get none in the coming months and it was stated there would be no PS5 announcements or anything Major
this was mainly an Indie spotlight

Hunnybun

Godfall looked much better than in the trailer from the FOG event.

Bugsnax gameplay looked even worse than I was expecting, lol.

Crash looks excellent. Have they announced whether it's a full price release? Would definitely pick it up for £30 or so.

Patrick S.

Banned
It's supposed to be coming to all the consoles, including Switch. So, at least Nintendo won't have lose out without a Pokemon clone...

They couldn't have made it much clearer in the promotional messaging of this show that this SoP is not about selling you on a €500 console...

I wasn't even aware there was a show today, I hadn't been following many news the last few days.

SkylineRKR

Godfall was PS5? I honestly didn't realize it until the guy was saying it. That game looked like absolute trash.

But this show wasn't for me. I guess if you like indies and quirky late-gen PS4 games this is nice. Crash had already been extensively shown. I thought Braid was overrated in 2008. Didn't care about Bugsnax and the Sumo Digital game. It seems GoT is the swan song, its likely my GOTY. Tony Hawk hopefully and perhaps Crash will be nice send offs.

I like Control but I quit halfway through. Gonna play it on next-gen.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
I am not disappointed in the State of Play because they lowered my expectations ahead of time.

Saw a bunch of games that I won't try unless they get put on PS PLUS or something anyways.

Now that we got the smaller indie stuff out of the way, I hope they can actually start talking more about PS5 because there are still more unanswered questions than answered.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
LOL.. Under almost any other circumstance outside of this lead up to PS5, people would have seen this State of Play as what State of Play is usually. Now, if it's not anything to satiate people until the news they want hits, people are pissed off.

All of the current Gen AAA first party titles have launched. They said they weren't going to give any PS5 big PS5 news. I'm not sure what people were expecting to have shown at this point. LOL.

giphy.gif

GHG

Gold Member
What was the focus home entertainment game?

It looked interesting. Looked like it was pve & pvp?

Edit:

Nevermind, found it:

Last edited:

yodine53

Thoughts on the SoP:
-They are showing Godfall just for the graphics, which are cool.
-Crash 4 sparked my interest.
-The pedestrian seems to be imaginative.
Good SoP despite not having a big announcement.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
When should we expect the Xbox release?

Edit: DLC is coming out on ALL platforms on 2th. I was announced on reddit about a month ago apparently.

Has it been confirmed for a next-gen release?

Oh really? Didn't know that. Thanks!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Nothing interesting for me.

Is the console really releasing this holyday? What are the launch titles?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
They said that this State of Play was mostly about PS4 and wouldn't have any of the big PS5 stuff.... what did you expect?

I mean they are providing content for both platforms....
Nah I wasn't complaining about this sony direct, just asking if we know of any titles launching this holiday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom