• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Showcase 2021 |OT| September 9th (Show rating poll added)

How would you rate the PS5 Showcase?

• A

Votes: 83 16.2%
  • B

Votes: 147 28.7%
  • C

Votes: 133 25.9%
  • D

Votes: 98 19.1%
  • E

Votes: 52 10.1%

• Total voters

TLZ

Banned
Interested in Tchia, God of War, Wolverine, GT7, Spiderman and Eve.

Many of the rest were meh, all having the same graphics and colour palette and found that boring.

Bartski

Gold Member
Am I the only one who thinks they are milking the spider man games. They are a little overhyped imo ( pls dont kill me) xD
no, I agree but that is their most commercially successful project, that's exactly what they will do for many games to come. I liked them and I even platinumed Miles Morales, they're fun and well made but not exactly my cup of tea

Ramz87

Good show but felt like Sony are holding back some stuff. Think we’ll see a PlayStation experience around December with more big reveals

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It was good to get news and glimpses of things far in the future. It was disappointing seeing that GoW looks like a PS4 Pro game - like DLC. Fucking crossgen. We have a new PlayStation that is remarkably more powerful than past gen and we're still going to be looking at a lot of old-looking games for the next two years.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Bare in mind it's a compressed YouTube video, and let's be honest it was hardly Halo Infinite / console Cyberpunk.
I wasn't comparing it to other games, I was comparing it to my expectations. That's my own fault. The first game looked so good on the ps4, I was excited to see what could be done on the new hardware. It still looks good.

Mr Hyde

It was a good show. Not great but very good. Highlights for me was Project Eve, Forspoken, Wolverine and God of War Ragnarok. Downside was too much third party crap I don't care about and no Bloodborne remaster. I give the show a B. I think the PS5 had a very exciting future ahead.

Well I liked the Show. It's not all Sony's got, and we know plenty more is coming and soonish (FFXVI, FF7 Remake 2, and stuff from their other PS Studios that they can't simply show it all at once/isn't ready for a teaser = not smart marketing).

I liked the freshness of the Japanesque titles out of the left field. It certainly invigorates the library with the variety I wanted. People love to complain Sony is just 3rd person drama super -roductions , but when they put new and different stuff at center stage then complain. So wtf? Make up your damn minds. Try something different for once. Some of those games look freaking cool, hopefully they don't suck and people support them.

The event had a great balance of games coming out soon, others releasing early next year and later and even some far ahead like the 2 bombs of the Show : Wolverine and KOTOR remake.

Overall, a B- event for me since I still expected the Bluepoint game to make an appearance. I guess they gotta save something for later. As it is, Playstation is Killing it and in the course of the next 9 months we'll have Kena, Deathloop! (This time I rolled my eyes once again but I thought it looked better than before, dunno why), Vampire Blood Hunt looks playable, then it's Horizon, Forspoken, GT7, Ghostwire Tokyo, Eve looks very cool, Tiny's Wonderland looks dope! (Lol), and even Guardians of the Galaxy has potential. Somewhere in there FFXVi gotta come out and God of War Ragnarok looks very much on track to release at the latest last quarter 2022.

Exciting times ahead for sure. Hopefully we can get a hold of a PS5 much easier by the start of next year.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
I don't want to be too negative but I liked that Sony showed Wolverine first then Spiderman 2.

When insomniac came up and then it says Marvel your like yes Spiderman 2. Then you see old man at diner, and you think is that Wolverine. Then close up to fist, yep that's Wolverine. The claws and title card, fuck can't believe insomniac are making Wolverine instead of doing Spiderman next what a surprise.

Then you have Spidrman 2 trailer but this time no incomniac mention in the beginning, no marvel mention in the beginning. Only PlayStation Studios, notice it's modern day so can't be God of War. Notice electricity so think is that infamous, then you see Spiderman and like damn insomniac making this and Wolverine this is crazy.

Those 2 trailers were the highlights of the show, yes there were no gameplay but the way they revealed was surprising, if it weren't for those 2 games this showing would have been a complete disaster as God of War looked like more of the same and all the other stuff was boring watch.

Fake

Am I the only one who thinks they are milking the spider man games. They are a little overhyped imo ( pls dont kill me) xD

No, you're right. Wolverine maybe is the new, but Spider-Man over and over is getting tedious.

I really wish Inso making a new IP.

Apeopleman

This event was straight BOOTY CHEEKS TRASH

no new infamous

no last of us 2 factions

no SOCOM/whatever multiplayer clan-based game being made by Guerilla games B team

no bloodborne 2/ bloodborne remastered

no MGS remake

no silent hills

no resistance FOM remastered

no Killzone

BUT WE DID GET

3 damn marvel games?

a shit looking cross gen god of war ragnarok gameplay

uncharted remastered for ps5 because fuck you guys, naughty dog wants some easy $

a bunch of shitty 3rd party trash

DEATHLOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Sony fucked us big time.
we need quality first party multiplayer games

Jim Ryan, ”Mr I believe in generations” if you’re reading this, go rim a goat

I know personally taste and all.
But overall I think most would agree the xbox e3 showcase was better, i mean we got our first look at starfield, extensive gameplay of forza horizon 5, stalker 2 gameplay, Psychonauts 2 and tons of other goodies.
Well that’s your opinion I guess. I’m guessing most would disagree with you. Metacritic will disagree with you as well. To me the games shown today are far more exciting. Spiderman 2, Wolverine, The new GoW. Forspoken. KotORR. Many more.

So I finally caught up with the presentation. In one word: trash. Ok, pure fucking trash.

GOW looks ok, Gran Turismo is the same shit as always. They’re not bad but they’re not mindblowing.

Forspoken another trash, Project Eve was ok but not my jam.

And for the love of God, I fucking hate Marvel and I’m so sick of seeing them everywhere. They keep flooding the market with mediocre shit and now PlayStation is the home of two of their franchises.

Recently bought a Ps4 Pro to play some games and to make me look forward to the PS5. Not anymore, after this presentation I’m pretty sure I will not get a PS5 anytime soon if at all.
Straight up trash. Good thing I didn’t stay up for this bs.

Even the initial Play has no Limits video is straight up horrible.

Then explain to me why the fuck there's a black woman in a game based on European mythology?
I'm pretty sure there weren't any Greeks in Norse mythology either.

I mean, you could claim that Greek mythology is European mythology too, but there are definitely black people in Greek mythology, so you'd kinda be killing your own argument.

Blond

Banned
Then explain to me why the fuck there's a black woman in a game based on European mythology?
Bro why are you trying so hard to prove you’re not like other Blacks so weird people on Neogaf and 4chan can use retarded post like yours and Candace Owens to prove a point while shitting on you at every other opportunity they get? I bet you don’t have this same energy for when you see random White characters inserted in other media so chill the fuck out.

Bro why are you trying so hard to prove you’re not like other Blacks so weird people on Neogaf and 4chan can use retarded post like yours and Candace Owens to prove a point while shitting on you at every other opportunity they get? I bet you don’t have this same energy for when you see random White characters inserted in other media so chill the fuck out.

How the fuck do you know I post on 4chan?

You must not know history bra

I had the second highest state test score in World History in 9th grade out of the entire class.

OIP.Ukkk7ZzbmCfR0PwQiZ2EhwHaHy

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

no new infamous

no last of us 2 factions

no SOCOM/whatever multiplayer clan-based game being made by Guerilla games B team

no MGS remake

no silent hills

no Killzone

BUT WE DID GET

3 damn marvel games?

uncharted remastered for ps5 because fuck you guys, naughty dog wants some easy $

DEATHLOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Sony fucked us big time.

To be fair, I think every PS fan should bail on expecting a first party shooter. Those days of Resistance, KZ, MAG etc.... died long time ago. Sony knows it's bread and butter are SP heavy games and GT. And to leave big budget shooters to third party and MS to battle it out.

elliot5

I'm hyped for Spider-Man 2 and will look forward to Wolverine. I assume R&C team is on Wolverine? Or maybe that's just SM2's next project?

My only worry really is that Insomniac will become only a Marvel / R&C shop. Two HUGE franchises for Sony to work on and I doubt they will let up on it any time soon.

Third team expansion maybe? But you don't really want to expand too much... i would think?

Have I been doxed and not know about it? Maybe I do know about it.

no new infamous

no last of us 2 factions

no MGS remake

no silent hills

no Killzone

BUT WE DID GET

3 damn marvel games?

DEATHLOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Sony fucked us big time.

dude what are you smoking? give me some. well i agree that it wasnt that good but having that high expactations is setting yourself up for dissapointment

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
WOW! That's interesting. Must have cost at least $50 million!
Jim probably saw that Phil paid $100 million for Tomb Raider and decided he needs to waste a $100 million of his own. I will never understand paying so much money for exclusives when they should be increasing the team sizes for their studios who are struggling to release games on time. That's where the talent is. Not some third party studios. No one buys playstation consoles to play deathloop, ghostwire tokyo, forspoken and kotor. People know that GG, SSM, and ND are leagues ahead of everyone else out there and those teams need to be give those millions.

Baffling decision making.

JimRyanGOAT

There hasn't been a single game that wowed me graphically yet, not even that tech demo for unreal engine 5

Only this

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
I'm hyped for Spider-Man 2 and will look forward to Wolverine. I assume R&C team is on Wolverine? Or maybe that's just SM2's next project?

My only worry really is that Insomniac will become only a Marvel / R&C shop. Two HUGE franchises for Sony to work on and I doubt they will let up on it any time soon.

Third team expansion maybe? But you don't really want to expand too much... i would think?

I think after Spiderman 2 they shouldnt bother with anymore unless it's like one of those standalone expansions like Miles Morales that takes less resources. I also think Ratchet should be given a break. I'd like a new IP from inSomniac and perhaps another Marvel IP, definitely not Iron Man as I just don't see flying characters not working well with game design and flying traversal ain't that fun. I'd actually like to see a Black Panther game Sony because the Wakanda setting is so unique. But I think T Challa power set is quite limited for a long game.

tmlDan

Do you have reading comprehension issues or are you just being intentionally obtuse?

As I clearly said the 1st party games they are scheduled to release next year are ALL CROSS GEN (Forespoken is not a 1st party game, peddle that elsewhere champ). Not a single 1st party next gen exclusive game for an entire year of your consoles life cycle is pitiful and unacceptable no matter how you slice it.

I don’t care if Nintendo and Xbox have less. This isn’t a dick measuring contest between companies and I’m not praising Nintendo and Xbox in the 1st place, so why are you crying about them? Nintendo and MS are shittier. Happy now? Can you rest easy now that have said that Sony is best of a shit bunch for next year? Have I settled your raging fanboy insecurities?

We literally got Spider-Man MM less than a year ago, or are you going to pretend that didn’t happen? Lmao, you love trotting that out as a positive when you list what exclusive 1st party games Sony released in its launch year but when it has negative connotations relating to lack of variety you’re going to act like it doesn’t exist.
I do not have reading comprehension, maybe you need to write clearly.

First off, no need to get so upset, you're ranting - secondly, being cross gen does not make it a problem, you're nitpicking because you have this assumption that the games will be incrementally better as next gen only.

you said this "But again as a clearly said only GT7 of those 3 games looks like anywhere close to being released. Others are likely years away. Personally I’m bored of GOW and Spider-man." that's what i was responding to, your other point was pointless but i addressed it either way.

OsirisBlack

Banned
you trippin. straight up delusional shit

go get your eyes checked

The first bit of combat with Spider Man kicking dude up into the air looks like gameplay. The rest cut scene but ..... I think that's actual game play. Shit looks bananas.

Edited to add: The narrators demeanor makes me think that Kraven is the main villain and Venom isn't a bad guy at all in this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom