• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation says half of its releases will be on PC and mobile by 2025 (VGC) (26 titles on FY2026: 14 for PS5, 7 PC ports and 5 mobile)

twilo99

I play my pc on my couch. U guys will be forever on this 2005 loop.

I think its just a bit more complicated for most people to figure out how to hook up a PC to a "TV" which I persnoally see as large PC monitors anyway.

Is it that complicated to plug in an HDMI from a PC into a "TV" and connect a controller? No, its rather easy, but I think all about perspective.

The thing you can't do from a couch is use mouse and key for certain types of games, like FPS for example, where you need better posture and stable set up.

With a PC you have best of both worlds really, since you can choose your preferred input method.

twilo99

This is really great news for me personally since I already have a PC with gamepass, which essentially turns my PC into some sort of xbox, so buying a PS5 for a few exclusives doesn't make sense, specially when they charge so much for them.

Having access to Sony games on Steam will give me the option do decide if I want to drop $100 on a game, which is better than having to invest another $500 into an actual playstation.

Hopefully they run some nice sales on Steam tho.

yurinka

This information allows us to do some interesting analysis and has some interesting applications for reviewing sales estimates from PC third parties that track other data such as reviews and active players.

God of War:
https://steamdb.info/app/1593500/graphs/

Estimates:
956.8k - 2.63m based on reviews.
600k - 760k based on PlayTracker
2.00m - 5.00m based on SteamSpy

Sony Actual LTD Numbers: 971k
Sony Actual LTD Revenue: 26.2m
Estimated LTD Revenue per Unit: $26.98
---------------------------------------------------------------
Days Gone:
https://steamdb.info/app/1259420/graphs/

Estimates:
713.9k - 1.96m based on reviews.
900k - 1.10m based on PlayTracker
1.00m - 2.00m based on SteamSpy

Sony Actual LTD Numbers: 852k
Sony Actual LTD Revenue: 22.7m
Estimated LTD Revenue per Unit: $26.64
----------------------------------------------------------------
Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition
https://steamdb.info/app/1151640/graphs/

Estimates:
1.51m - 4.15m based on reviews.
1.60m - 1.80m based on PlayTracker
1.00m - 2.00m based on SteamSpy

Sony Actual LTD Numbers: 2.398m
Sony Actual LTD Revenue: 60m
Estimated LTD Revenue per Unit: $25.02

Per Unit Revenue on HZD about a dollar lower is because the game has been out longer and thus been through more sales cycles to bring down the average revenue per unit.

Still interesting to compared the estimates on SteamDB to the reality Sony has given us to let us know how far off some of the estimates can be and how accurate some can be and how the three estimates are right some places and wrong others.
- SteamSpy overestimating God of War by over 100%, Days Gone overestimated by about 20% and then HZD being underestimated by 20%.
- Playtracker underestimating God of War and HZD sales (both by nearly 20%), overestimating Days Gone Sales (again, by about 20%).
- However, each game fell within the estimate based on reviews, God of War just barely while HZD and Days Gone both comfortably fit within the reviews estimate.
Remember that the PC sales numbers shared today by Sony are as of March 31, not until today.
Refunds and chargabacks on average affect 10-15% of the Steams transactions lowering the game's average amount of revenue per copy sold differently from a game to another.

Last edited:
The people who don't have their PC in the living room nor want it there. Why does somebody's lifestyle choice upset you is the question.
I don't care what people do. I just hate when people use lame excuses or make up shit like not being able to play comfortable from the couch or can't use a controller to control their PC.
Because is not an eexcuse, and its not lame to begin with.
It's an excuse, and a lame one at that. There's numerous videos on YouTube, numerous people on GAF who have disproven these lies, etc. It doesn't make sense to keep spreading lies because someone doesn't like PC.

Three

I don't care what people do. I just hate when people use lame excuses or make up shit like not being able to play comfortable from the couch or can't use a controller to control their PC.

It's an excuse, and a lame one at that. There's numerous videos on YouTube, numerous people on GAF who have disproven these lies, etc. It doesn't make sense to keep spreading lies because someone doesn't like PC.
But the guy didn't say a PC is incapable of being played at a couch. He said

"I have a decent PC, but after many hours of work I want to be on my couch, with a beer and away from it."

Now why does that upset you? He has a decent PC (likely at a desk and works on it too) and prefers to get away from it and play a XSX on the couch. How is that a lame excuse for anything? It's just his lifestyle choice you seem to be upset with.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB
But the guy didn't say a PC is incapable of being played at a couch. He said

"I have a decent PC, but after many hours of work I want to be on my couch, with a beer and away from it."

Now why does that upset you? He has a decent PC (likely at a desk and works on it too) and prefers to get away from it and play a XSX on the couch. How is that a lame excuse for anything? It's just his lifestyle choice you seem to be upset with.
What are you even talking about? I said people always make up excuses/lies. I'm not singling just that one guy out. That was the entire reason I am grouping ALL of it into a blanket response. Hence my examples as well. I'm not angry, and it's weird you care so much about my response? Maybe your the angry one? But do what you do bro. ✌️

yurinka

That so called 50% will turn into 75% or even maybe 100% if the games sell well on PC. Notice the release windows seem to be shortening as well. I still don’t think it’s a smart move especially if they do day one PC releases, but we’ll see what happens. Sure, there are some individuals that will never game on PC and prefer consoles, but there are some in between that will go with PC over a PS5 as well.
Yeah. It’s basically just them saying we wanna go from putting out like 6 games/year on PS to putting out like 6 games/year on PS, and 3 on PC, and 2-3 on mobile.

It’s not them saying fewer games will release on PlayStation. Just adding more off console.

PS studios will almost double their investment on games in the next 3 years (image 1).

They will almost double their investment on specifically PS5 games (image 2). Which doesn't mean to double the amount of games they release, because each new gen requires more work and some games being GaaS means they'll have a small team adding post launch content.

So are they start investing on PS5 with day one PC releases? As we see (image 3) they had a "PS4+PS5" group but there aren't "PS5+PC" releases planned for FY2025. Meaning they don't plan day one PC releases of PS Studios games (maybe MLB becomes the exception).

Seems PS Studios "PC" releases will continue being ports of old games as Hermen and Jimbo said many times, at least until March 2026.

Notice that releases by platform chart uses percentages. Meaning that a smaller percent in FY2025 of console releases doesn't imply a smaller actual amount of console releases. Because the number of mobile games, PC ports and console games will be way higher in FY 2025 than in FY2022.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Why only half tho?
Because the SIE core business is and at least durin the next 3 fiscal years will continue being to make consoles and (in this specific case of PS Studios) games for their console. In 3 fiscal years from now their PC releases won't be day one releases, will continue being ports of old games. See above.

The only day one PC games they'll have will be the new Bungie games.

Unlike in PC or mobile, in console they own the store so don't have to pay 30% to a platform holder and controls who gets featured in the store. Plus players there pay their sub to play online and accesories. And more importantly, most AAA games sell more in their console than in Steam and they get a 30% cut of 3rd party games sold in their console, which is their main revenue source. To keep their very profitable console game business running they need exclusives to sell it, so these exclusive games generate indirect revenue and profit.

Last edited:

Crayon

What are you even talking about? I said people always make up excuses/lies. I'm not singling just that one guy out. That was the entire reason I am grouping ALL of it into a blanket response. Hence my examples as well. I'm not angry, and it's weird you care so much about my response? Maybe your the angry one? But do what you do bro. ✌️

I feel ya. People can do their own thing. Sometimes tho, yeesh it's hard to read. Like the evergreen "I built a gaming pc but I never play it because I don't like playing in the office". Hey try putting your ps5 on a desk in the office and get back to me. Like wtf. "I don't want to play on the pc I work on all day". Okay then work on a different one. I don't remember outlook requiring a 3070. idk why the idea of owning two pcs is so out there when people have near identical xbox and playstation sitting under the same tv.

There are good reasons to not like it tho. Having trouble connecting controllers and shit. Windows is trash. Games not being 100% guaranteed to work right. Having to keep on of those little m/kb controllers when you ideally wouldn't need that.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I play my pc on my couch. U guys will be forever on this 2005 loop.
It’s not easy to keep a pc hidden away in a tv stand or book shelf but then again it’s not easy to that with a ps5 either. 🤷‍♂️
You do pretty much have to have a wireless keyboard with touchpad laying around for the pc as well.

I’m pulling for something like kvm over cat 6/7 to bring 4K 60hz but it’s just not there yet for a good price.

Shmunter

H
It’s not easy to keep a pc hidden away in a tv stand or book shelf but then again it’s not easy to that with a ps5 either. 🤷‍♂️
You do pretty much have to have a wireless keyboard with touchpad laying around for the pc as well.

I’m pulling for something like kvm over cat 6/7 to bring 4K 60hz but it’s just not there yet for a good price.
Hide the bookshelf inside the ps5, problem solved

I love Steam Big Picture mode, it's really easy to use. I'm playing Elite Dangerous and RE2 using my PS5 controller even as we speak. Some people are going to have to accept reality sooner or later, if I were a betting man I'd stake money on the upcoming PSVR2 being Steam-compatible like the Dualsense controllers.

Last edited:

yurinka

Anybody who wants to play the other half of the games, unlike....
That so called 50% will turn into 75% or even maybe 100% if the games sell well on PC. Notice the release windows seem to be shortening as well. I still don’t think it’s a smart move especially if they do day one PC releases, but we’ll see what happens. Sure, there are some individuals that will never game on PC and prefer consoles, but there are some in between that will go with PC over a PS5 as well.
Wow, a taking mobile serious and 12 GaaS games... this isn't a good sign for the Gaming Industry as a whole.

This would have been some prime April 1st news, but it's not.
i dont understand why people expect console gamers to jump to PC, its like they forgot high end GPU alone is more expensive than the whole console.

Unlike with Bungie Sony doesn't plan to release PS Studios games day one on PC, at least 3 years from now. These PC releases will continue being ports of some of their old games. Their console will continue being the only place where you'll be able to play all their games and day one. They don't want anyone to move to PC.

If something, the opposite: they would be happy to see a small part of these PC players buying their console to play their other games. They will invest more in mobile and PC, but also in console games: Sony plans to double their investment on PS5 games from this FY2022 to FY2025.

See this post https://www.neogaf.com/threads/play...and-mobile-by-2025-vgc.1637079/post-266206241

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Cool. Less reasons to get a PS5, but more chances I'll spend my money on Sony games.

All I'm hoping for is for their games to keep releasing on Steam. Imagine they decide to put out their own launcher... with paid online aka PS+. No thanks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cool. Less reasons to get a PS5, but more chances I'll spend my money on Sony games.

All I'm hoping for is for their games to keep releasing on Steam. Imagine they decide to put out their own launcher... with paid online aka PS+. No thanks.
And that's Sony's thinking too.

More games available on more platforms = more sales. Console hardware sales are breakeven kinds of transactions. If Sony didn't believe this, they'd keep all game sales strictly within PS ecosystems. But they are expanding more and more outside their walls. Think of it like Apple. Very walled off 20+ years ago. Then they opened up to itunes on PC, Partition a drive to use Windows and Office, Intel specs instead of Motorola etc... Sales skyrocketed when they went mass appeal to everyone.

jaysius

Banned
And that's Sony's thinking too.

More games available on more platforms = more sales. Console hardware sales are breakeven kinds of transactions. If Sony didn't believe this, they'd keep all game sales strictly within PS ecosystems. But they are expanding more and more outside their walls. Think of it like Apple. Very walled off 20+ years ago. Then they opened up to itunes on PC, Partition a drive to use Windows and Office, Intel specs instead of Motorola etc... Sales skyrocketed when they went mass appeal to everyone.

It's the smart move for any company, it's just smart business, more platforms=more sales, but so many console warriors said "Xbox doesn't have any games" when this exact notion was talked about with Microsoft first party games.

Please use these seconds of lucidity to realize how stupid console warring is.

Diner is served.
crow GIF

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

From my own experience, Sony exclusives going to PC doesnt change the fact that I would still buy the console

A PS5 costs 3x less than a PC with similar specs where I live. Thats more than enough reason to stick with consoles.

Agreed. There is also the ease of use as well, where everything is completely pickup and play. Xbox is already proof of this concept, all first-party are on PC and Xbox series is still the best selling Xbox line.

yurinka

This doesn't show half of the 2025 releases on PC. It looks more like 25 to 30%.

Is the OP on crack?
They OP isnt' that wrong. Sony plans to releas 26 titles on FY2026: 14 for PS5, 7 PC ports and 5 mobile games. So PC and mobile combined are almost half of the games released that year, which is a percentage way bigger than the current one.

The graph that shown it explained it with percentage, so it was misleading if not combine with the other or if we didn't investigate the number of releases per platform of that years. If we see the other graphs to know they'll highly increase their investment in console games and notice that from FY2022 to FY2025 they increase their console release from 8 to 14 (I calculated the numbers below) we get the impression that they decrease the number of console release to increase the mobile and PC ones. But by getting the absolute numbers instead of percentual we see that the amount of releases for console increases.

Same happens with GaaS: they'll increase their investment on GaaS titles, but also in traditional titles.

unknown.png

They OP isnt' that wrong. Sony plans to releas 26 titles on FY2026: 14 for PS5, 7 PC ports and 5 mobile games. So PC and mobile combined are almost half of the games released that year, which is a percentage way bigger than the current one.

The graph that shown it explained it with percentage, so it was misleading if not combine with the other or if we didn't investigate the number of releases per platform of that years. If we see the other graphs to know they'll highly increase their investment in console games and notice that from FY2022 to FY2025 they increase their console release from 8 to 14 (I calculated the numbers below) we get the impression that they decrease the number of console release to increase the mobile and PC ones. But by getting the absolute numbers instead of percentual we see that the amount of releases for console increases.

Same happens with GaaS: they'll increase their investment on GaaS titles, but also in traditional titles.

unknown.png

Right and wrong is a binary determination.

The OP claims that half of PS games will be on PC. Mobile is not PC, and Sony's mobile games won't even be console ports but dedicated mobile games built from the ground up for that platform. So quite why you would combine mobile and PC together is baffling.

Since 7 out of 26 is not 50%, the OP is wrong, and as is the premise of your reply.

Half of Sony's 2025 games will not be on PC. 28% of their games will, which is closer to a quarter.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Hate the fact that Sony is chasing live service money, I get it from a greedy corporation standpoint, but man... they are going to nickel and dime us the way EA / Ubi have been doing.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
nah, a pc is a pc.
It will require updates, drivers, dealing with windows, having to tweak things here and there.
My xbox is press a button, and everythings turns on, quick resume and in 5 seconds im playing.

Great for you. You're savings seconds to spend hours playing a lesser game version. That's so worth it.

PS Updates happen in the background. On consoles and on PC. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

PPS One day I will actually time how long it takes from cold boot to I'm driving a car in Forza Horizon 3. PC vs Series X.

yurinka

Right and wrong is a binary determination.

The OP claims that half of PS games will be on PC. Mobile is not PC, and Sony's mobile games won't even be console ports but dedicated mobile games built from the ground up for that platform. So quite why you would combine mobile and PC together is baffling.

Since 7 out of 26 is not 50%, the OP is wrong, and as is the premise of your reply.

Half of Sony's 2025 games will not be on PC. 28% of their games will, which is closer to a quarter.
Yes, you are right. Sony plans 26 releases for FY2025 and only 7 of them will be PC ports of old games, around a third.

The exact quote would be 'PlayStation says almost half of FY2025 PS Studio releases will be either PC ports of old games or (important to notice the difference between "OR" and "AND") mobile games and that the other half will be 14 PS5 only games, they will increase their investment on mobile games, PC ports of old games and specially PS only games".

It also would be nice to add "By FY2025 PS Studios will be investing on PS games 3x the money they invested 6 years before. They will increase investment on both GaaS and traditional, non GaaS games for PS5. And will also increase their investment on both sequels and new IPs for PS5. By FY2025 around half of that investment will be for GaaS games, and also half of that investment will be for new IPs".

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
More games available on more platforms = more sales.

Whatever Sony makes from their PC ports will be peanuts compared to their bread and butter, which are:
-online subscriptions
-the 30% cut they make on every game and every piece of dlc/mtx
-console hardware+peripherals (surprisingly, Sony actually makes more money from hardware than from game sales)

On PC, these revenue streams are completely absent. I’m pretty sure that Sony’s 1st party games have contributed less than 10% to the overall revenue they’ve made since the launch of the PS4, so I doubt their PC ports will increase revenue by more than a percent or two. I assume Sony made the calculation that the number of people who’d be willing to jump permanently from PS5 to PC won’t be enough to offset the increased revenue they get from PC ports.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Looks like they finally figured out they have been leaving money left on the table

The more revenue streams, the more entry ways to your ecosystem, the more customers that are able to find you, hence the more money you can make

Very simple, the widest the audience, the more money.

Would sony prefer for 100% of people to buy a ps5 and be subbed to a service? Sure, but not realistic. If customers wont come to you, you have to go get the customer, and hardcore pc players will stay there. And heck, some people will double dip

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
On PC, these revenue streams are completely absent. I’m pretty sure that Sony’s 1st party games have contributed less than 10% to the overall revenue they’ve made since the launch of the PS4, so I doubt their PC ports will increase revenue by more than a percent or two. I assume Sony made the calculation that the number of people who’d be willing to jump permanently from PS5 to PC won’t be enough to offset the increased revenue they get from PC ports.

Considering they expect PC to be $300 million, it's right at 1% of their revenue trend of the last couple of years.

Which is great for them.. they at this point are selling 0 less PS5s than they would have w/o the strategy and can continue to monitor trends and ensure they aren't impacting PS5 sales.

We probably won't see day and date games on PC, at all, other than some GAAS titles. We also won't see a game newer than 1.5-2 years old most likely as far as single player games go. Despite the firm leaks of Returnal we still have no announcement for instance, and so it's probably not out for quite some time.

PS5 is going to be dominant... the games will still target the hardware, especially the big singleplayer games that have years to come to PC, etc.

Fanboys won't stop crying though lol They will brag about Playstation games and sales in one thread, then cry about PC in another acting like the sky is falling. At this point that's exactly what is happening.

We have yet to see a Sony Japan Studio game on PC.

We've yet to see a Sony Japan Studio game on console, other than Gran Turismo and the Astrobot games.

Japan Studio has been largely gutted due to a lack of productivity. Outside of PD and the Astrobot Team, they are mostly just a 3rd party relations/publishing team.

yurinka

We've yet to see a Sony Japan Studio game on console, other than Gran Turismo and the Astrobot games.

Japan Studio has been largely gutted due to a lack of productivity. Outside of PD and the Astrobot Team, they are mostly just a 3rd party relations/publishing team.
Polyphony is a different studio, not related to Japan Studio. They recently released Gran Turismo 7 for PS5. According to the full of shit Nvidia list it was going to be released on PC at launch, which turned out to be a fake like many other Sony games that according to that list were going to be released during 2022 on PC. But according to Sony all they will release this fiscal year will be Uncharted and Spider-Man.

Japan Studio did split into two: their Japanese 2nd party publishing team branched off to be the Asian (now they won't only cover Japanese games, they expanded to more countries) branch of the now global XDEV team (Sony's 2nd party publishing branch) as happened years before with the other European and USA 2nd party teams. They branched out from local gamedev studios to be their own studio. After branching out of Japan Studio, the Japanese team published Death Stranding Director's Cut on PS (the PC version was published by someone else) and seems they are working in at least Death Stranding 2.

Japan Studio was restructured not only branching off their 2nd party publishing side, but also changed their management, scaled down their internal development teams and merged all of them in one of them, Team Asobi. So since now Japan Studio was mostly Team Asobi, they rebranded it to Team Asobi. As a result Team Asobi got bigger and now is working on a bigger 3D platformer than their previous title, Astro. Still unannounced (in recent times Sony prefers to wait until close to release to announce stuff) I'd bet will be a launch PSVR2 title.

After the restructuring both Team Asobi and their Japanese XDEV team have been aggresively hiring, like all the other PS Studios teams.

3rd party relations is not and never has been handled by Japan Studio, Team Asobi, Polyphony or XDEV. They are part of PS Studios and PS Studios only make 1st and 2nd party games. They have a totally separate SIE tream for 3rd party relations (for deals with 3rd party publishers) and another one for PlayStation Indies (for deals with indies).

Last edited:
Polyphony is a different studio, not related to Japan Studio. They recently released Gran Turismo 7 for PS5. According to the full of shit Nvidia list it was going to be released on PC at launch, which turned out to be a fake like many other Sony games that according to that list were going to be released during 2022 on PC. But according to Sony all they will release this fiscal year will be Uncharted and Spider-Man.

Japan Studio did split into two: their Japanese 2nd party publishing team branched off to be the Asian (now they won't only cover Japanese games, they expanded to more countries) branch of the now global XDEV team (Sony's 2nd party publishing branch) as happened years before with the other European and USA 2nd party teams. They branched out from local gamedev studios to be their own studio. After branching out of Japan Studio, the Japanese team published Death Stranding Director's Cut on PS (the PC version was published by someone else) and seems they are working in at least Death Stranding 2.

Japan Studio was restructured not only branching off their 2nd party publishing side, but also changed their management, scaled down their internal development teams and merged all of them in one of them, Team Asobi. So since now Japan Studio was mostly Team Asobi, they rebranded it to Team Asobi. As a result Team Asobi got bigger and now is working on a bigger 3D platformer than their previous title, Astro. Still unannounced (in recent times Sony prefers to wait until close to release to announce stuff) I'd bet will be a launch PSVR2 title.

After the restructuring both Team Asobi and their Japanese XDEV team have been aggresively hiring, like all the other PS Studios teams.

3rd party relations is not and never has been handled by Japan Studio, Team Asobi, Polyphony or XDEV. They are part of PS Studios and PS Studios only make 1st and 2nd party games. They have a totally separate SIE tream for 3rd party relations (for deals with 3rd party publishers) and another one for PlayStation Indies (for deals with indies).

Japan Studio has been credited in a bunch of 3rd party Japanese studio-developed games, e.g. Demons Souls, Locoroco, Patapon 1/2/3 etc etc.

When I mean 3rd party relations, I don't mean the eponymous team. I mean that Japan Studio has always been actively involved in partnerships with Japanese 3rd party studios developing exclusive games for PS.

yurinka

Japan Studio has been credited in a bunch of 3rd party Japanese studio-developed games, e.g. Demons Souls, Locoroco, Patapon 1/2/3 etc etc.

When I mean 3rd party relations, I don't mean the eponymous team. I mean that Japan Studio has always been actively involved in partnerships with Japanese 3rd party studios developing exclusive games for PS.
These are not 3rd party games. Sony published them, which makes them first party games.

First party games developed by studios not owned by the platform holder, in this case Sony, are also known as 2nd party games. Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Patapon or Parappa are 2nd party games.

Sony also owns these Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Death Stranding, Patapon, Parappa etc brands.

P.S.: The Loco Roco series were developed internally at Japan Studio. Like Knack & Knack 2.

Last edited:

unknown.png

14 titles on the PS5, 7 PC ports and 5 mobile games? Is that a yearly output? If so, that is really impressive.

These are not 3rd party games. Sony published them, which makes them first party games.

First party games developed by studios not owned by the platform holder, in this case Sony, are also known as 2nd party games. Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Patapon or Parappa are 2nd party games.

Sony also owns these Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Death Stranding, Patapon, Parappa etc brands.

P.S.: The Loco Roco series were developed internally at Japan Studio. Like Knack & Knack 2.

I said 3rd party developed games. I.e. the studios are not owned by Sony. That's the distinction.

Last edited:

yurinka

14 titles on the PS5, 7 PC ports and 5 mobile games? Is that a yearly output? If so, that is really impressive.
This is what Sony says, and it's for PS Studios (doesn't include Bungie, the acquisition still isn't closed).

Think that in addition to all the studios they acquired, they have been hiring a shit ton in all internal PS Studios teams and plan to continue doing so. Plus they will continue partnering with external studios (Kojipro, Firewalk, Deviation etc) for 2nd party games, with porters for PC ports (even if they have Nixxes, the Uncharted Collection and GoW 2018 are ported by other external team) and Jimbo said in that presentation that with select mobile gaming devs for their mobile games.

In the graph is shown that their investment on PS5 games will be for the FY2025 (the fiscal year that ends in March 2026) around 3 times bigger than it was in FY2019 (the one that ended in March 2020).

Remember also that they said multiple times that PS Studios has OVER 25 games under development. It's important the "over" word. And again, remember this doen't include Bungie who said they will release AT LEAST one (so who knows, maybe are 2 o 3) new IPs before 2025.

And on top of that, they plan to continue acquiring companies. So adding Bungie and potential future acquisitions the number of games per platform may be bigger for that year.

I said 3rd party developed games. I.e. the studios are not owned by Sony. That's the distinction.
You said "they are mostly just a 3rd party relations/publishing team.". Which as I mention it's false, 3rd party relations is handled by another team. And they only publish 1st and 2nd party games.

Last edited:

John Wick

Bro the average user isn't like us. Yes we can use PC's and set them up so we can use them comfortably from either desktop or from couch. You'd be surprised how thick they are some of them. Once a PC is setup it's a doddle but not for your average fifa, cod type player.

John Wick

Pretty sure that number will change for the better by 2025. Maybe half by 2024. They know there's money to be made, and the band-aid has pretty much been ripped off for the few vocal minority that are against these releases.
They will not release their top blockbusters day and date with PC. Maybe a year gap best case scenario. Maybe in the future 2027 onwards?
Gaas games I can see releasing at the same time. Also games that maybe could do with a sales boost.

You said "they are mostly just a 3rd party relations/publishing team.". Which as I mention it's false, 3rd party relations is handled by another team. And they only publish 1st and 2nd party games.

FFS, yurinka.

Japan Studio has worked in partnership either in a co-development, production or publishing perspective with 3rd party studios. That is what I call 3rd party relations/publishing.

I don't care if that's not technically correct. It was what I was trying to communicate.

The point I was making is that they still are involved in working with 3rd party studios to develop exclusive games for PS. That's all I'm saying.

Fucking hell! Pedantic aren't we?

Neofire

Pretty sure that number will change for the better by 2025. Maybe half by 2024. They know there's money to be made, and the band-aid has pretty much been ripped off for the few vocal minority that are against these releases.
Vocal "minorities" based on what? Lol I know plenty of Playstation users that don't want the ps5 or ps4 being put to the back of the bus just to cater to PC ports.

Top Bottom