• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation remake is reportedly Chrono Cross, expected to be 'multiplat'

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
He probably read the title.
1QyQjfT.png
Aye, it seems 'remake' and 'remaster' are being used interchangeably , but this rumor is about a Chrono Cross remaster.
Similar to what Square did with FF VIII.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
True. I would rather see this come to life

Damn, I don't even like Chrono Trigger that much, but this looks neat.
I also remember something called Chrono Crisis back in the day, but I think it was an unofficial project that eventually dissolved.

Last edited:

saintjules

Damn, I don't even like Chrono Trigger that much, but this looks neat.
I also remember something called Chrono Crisis back in the day, but I think it was an unofficial project that eventually dissolved.

heh, it does look pretty good. Even Hironobu Sakaguchi tweeted it

I have to say that sounds very barebones still. I can only imagine the result to be a smearfest.

Best platform to play Chrono Cross other than on a CRT has been, up to this point for me, the PSP or PSP Go.

But if you want to go that route, you'll need to add some scanlines and a dedicated scaler that can handle 240p, or it just won't do it justice.

The upscaler you bought surely considers 240p to be 480i because the amount of lines per frame is the same.

EDIT: If you need that kind of setup consider an OSSC or similar. (here's an article)
Honestly it looks perfectly fine for me :) thanks for the tips though

Pallas

Gold Member
Couldn’t they just port the Chrono Trigger Nintendo DS version that had crispier graphics and added content to consoles? It technically already has a remaster.. they could even bundle it with Chrono Cross remaster or less likely a remake or whatever the hell they plan on doing with CC(putting in radical dreamer content would be a bonus as well)

It's fairly common for games from Japanese third parties to be PS4/Switch/PC. Even if we just look at at SE we get:

Which all fit that description. That doesn't mean it won't come to Xbox, but its not an unreasonable guess.
Yeah but the new Star Ocean is the most recent game coming from them and that's coming to the Xbox platform, sure it could be a one-off randomly and it is Tri-Ace developed so that could have something to do with it whereas this is presumedly being made by Square-Enix internally.

One would think tho with MS unifying the Xbox and PC APIs through GDK the issue of JRPGs skipping Xbox platforms will gradually go away since technical hurdles (and the costs associated with them) won't be nearly as much of a factor as it was in the past. Guess we'll see in this game's case tho.

tygertrip

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, you'll live your whole life believing that it is stupid.

It's no Chrono Trigger. That can be either a good thing or a bad thing.
Who said it was Chrono Trigger? It’s the crappy sequel with 16 zillion characters that all say the same thing… but with different accents!

Duchess

We never got this game in the UK (or the EU). I keep getting mixed up with Chrono Trigger (another game we never got).

We never got this game in the UK (or the EU). I keep getting mixed up with Chrono Trigger (another game we never got).
We got Chrono Trigger on the DS in 2009.

Very nice port, might I add. (but the US version is cheaper and DS has no region lock)

Last edited:

Elios83

Seems like it's all but confirmed and should be announced next week.
I've been waiting for this for years :goog_eek:
Hopefully Square Enix has learned that there is a solution to reconstruct old 3D backgrounds images today and won't give us the same blurred mess of FF7,8 and 9.
Although probably I'm expecting too much :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Ladioss

Posting the collab trailer too, because why not :

I'm tempted to dive back into Another Eden for this collab - I stopped playing after the end of part 1 of the main story , when I was spending weeks grinding that Time Mine special chapter.

Looking forward to see those "Cross vs Trigger" arguments again :D

Although probably I'm expecting too much :messenger_grinning_sweat:

At least I would like to see something as pretty as when you run CC with retroarch... it does not seems too challenging to ask for that, I hope.

Last edited:

Myths

I’ll take it. I’ve always found the island setting pretty neat and inspiring alongside the music. Those first few hours were something else…

CC NEED a remake, it is a great soundtrack with a weak game built on top.

Too many playable characters, not enough story relevance for most of them, and the lack of actual event or character differences means there is no reason to use most of them.

I literally replayed each and every CT game ending and tried playing differently with different teams. I got bored of CC half way to getting all the characters.

Less is more.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
These dudes really just latch onto whatever they think is most likely to happen with no actual insider info.
teezzy teezzy and I are in a Discord with Nate the Hate's boyfriend and he defends him to the death whenever I doubt anything Nate "leaks".

I do believe the Chrono Cross Remake leak, but it didn't originate from Nate or these other leakers so a lot of them are doing as you say and just latching onto something in order to seem credible. They're clout chasing attention whores.

Last edited:
Top Bottom