• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Video Pass is real

Would you like this service?

• Total voters

Bo_Hazem

Banned
NOTE: It's included with PS Plus with no extra charge.

Shared screenshots from a Polish friend, but the service isn't working currently. Interesting.

EDIT: According to Bartski Bartski , it's working! Polish people, enjoy it!🥲

IMG_20210422_190746.jpg

IMG_20210422_190753.jpg

IMG_20210422_190806.jpg

IMG_20210422_190822.jpg

Update: It's official in the Polish website:

ps-videopass1.jpg

ps-videopass2.jpg

Last edited:

skit_data

I think people underestimate how many series and movies are Sony productions. I never knew Breaking Bad is a Sony production, for example.

That said, I’m a little skeptical wether this will fly if it leads to a cost increase of PS+ in the future. It might be part of some type of future multi-tier membership though, which could be nice.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

No idea. Same with Bravia Core with the new Bravia XR TV's, no pricing on that as well.

I think Bravia Core has no cost just now but its only available on Sony TVs, probably a trial until they figure out if people would actually notice a difference and/or would pay for higher quality video streaming.

So its subsidised by the the cost of the TV just now, but if successful they would charge for it I imagine. I'm excited to see how good it looks to be honest, Netflix and Prime has a great selection of HDR10 and Dolby Vision content but if its low light scenes it can look pretty terrible even at 4K bitrate.

reinking

Gold Member
So this is why they’re taking away the ability to buy movies and tv shows on the store.
I do not believe they are connected. Nothing would prevent them from doing both. Sony has massive amounts of information on what people are purchasing and not purchasing in their store. I am sure the sales/rentals just were not there.

I wish Playstation would remain as a game brand.
I'm not interested in PS exclusive games turned into movies or any of that bullshit.

In my opinion games have surpassed movies sometime ago. Occasionally modern movie gives me the same feeling as most games do.

But more free stuff for PS+ is a nice thing neverless.
I would rather have had PS Now included in PS+ than this though.

Kuranghi

I do not believe they are connected. Nothing would prevent them from doing both. Sony has massive amounts of information on what people are purchasing and not purchasing in their store. I am sure the sales/rentals just were not there.

I was suprised the other day I was talking to my old old-lady and she said she actually buys all her media on the play store, I'm such a quality whore/entitled dickhead now that I look at those services and say "I won't get it in the best available quality so I don't want to pay for it". I've told her about megaboon now though so she's addicted to that now.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That would be the 10th video on demand service. So you're already at the price of cable and 100 bucks a year.

Hope I can convince my GF to get rid of Netflix

Just don't expect 3rd party movies/series. It'll mostly be Sony Pictures for maximum profitability. Having this with the Plus is pretty good value indeed.

Do i get this if i pay for ps+?

Most likely yes.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

It's an added benefit with no extra cost attached to your PS+ Subscription. They said it's a separate app for PS4/PS5 with content rotating being added every 3 months. They're using Poland as a test pool to see if it's viable to send out to everybody else.
Here's the IGN article with the list

Movies:
  • Bloodshot
  • Jumanji: The Next Level
  • Zombieland 2: Double Tap
  • Charlie's Angels (2019)
  • Venom (2018)
  • The Equalizer 2
  • Baby Driver
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Underworld: Blood Wars
  • Arrival
  • Sausage Party
  • Inferno (2016)
  • American Hustle
  • This is the End
  • Bad Boys (1995)
TV Shows:
  • Future Man (seasons 1-3)
  • SuperMansion (seasons 1-3)
  • Community (seasons 1-6)
  • Deadly Class (seasons 1)
  • SWAT (seasons 1-2)
  • Lost Girl (seasons 1-5)

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
it is working just fine

It's also not 1080p like some reports I've seen earlier... Bloodshot looks like 1440px30fps

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’ve currently got Netflix, Disney Plus, Now TV movies and Prime so this is a hard pass from me. Could be brilliant if you’re on a tight budget though depending on how it’s priced.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I’ve currently got Netflix, Disney Plus, Now TV movies and Prime so this is a hard pass from me. Could be brilliant if you’re on a tight budget though depending on how it’s priced.

It's included into PS+, I'm only on Netflix so this could be a nice addition. Although I'm more interested in Bravia Core when I get my X90J for IMAX, 80Mbps quality (also free for the first year on any Bravia XR TV).

Last edited:

down 2 orth

I guess it's better than the attitude that the company had when the PS4 launched, which was to just spam out shit "free" games month after month because we were already held hostage by paid multiplayer. That said, this could just be an attempt to justify another price inscrease.

That doesn't look like a big catalogue of movies and TV series. I'd get through those movies in a month.

Think they were better off offering their movies to Netflix In return for discount for PS Plus subscribers.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
The offering is absolutely garbage. This is terrible. Nobody asked for this. Splash some fucking cash and launch some excellent 3rd party games on PS+.

Last edited:

NickFire

Props to Sony if they are adding free videos to ps+. Even a small catalogue would be a welcomed addition. But I do hope they stay away from any ideas involving increased prices because of it. That would make it an instant fail to me.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Shared screenshots from a Polish friend, but the service isn't working currently. Interesting.

EDIT: According to Bartski Bartski , it's working! Polish people, enjoy it!🥲

IMG_20210422_190746.jpg

IMG_20210422_190753.jpg

IMG_20210422_190806.jpg

IMG_20210422_190822.jpg

Update: It's official in the Polish website:

ps-videopass1.jpg

ps-videopass2.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww look at all those movies i already watched

Top Bottom