• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for May Announced: GRID Legends, Chivalry 2 and Descenders

Draugoth

Gold Member
3bc0c92664b681e28f3c7be6359057b4de960f3d.jpg

person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era – experience large-scale conflicts in sprawling medieval environments ranging from Tournament grounds to full-scale castle sieges. Pick your playstyle with 4 classes and 12 subclasses, each with their own unique weapons and abilities and much more then charge headfirst into stunning 64-player cinematic battles. The PS5 version runs in 4K at 60fps.

1a1eae6a51bda98631979388b8e41934e09d0f6c.jpg
View and download image

Descenders | PS4

Descenders is a fast-paced extreme downhill biking game that’s easy to pick up, but difficult to master, featuring an in-depth physics system that lets you control every subtle movement of your rider. Take on different jumps, slopes and hillbombs every time you play with procedurally generated levels. Earn special mutators each time you play, and work out which abilities work best for your riding style and earn new bikes and threads as you build your online Rep system.

Last chance to download April’s Monthly Games

PlayStation Plus members have until Monday May 1 to add Meet Your Maker, Sackboy: A Big Adventure and Tails of Iron to their game library.

PlayStation Plus Spotify Playlist

Also, check out our PlayStation Plus monthly games-inspired playlist on Spotify, which will be refreshed with new songs every month.

bender

What time is it?
Descenders is wonderful but I wish it would have received a native PS5 port.

If you miss arcade extreme sports games of old (think downhill domination), this might scratch your itch. While it is far less over the top than the titles that EA Big used to offer, it has a great sense of speed and fairly deep trick system. It uses rogue style runs so every track you face is different and has a neat little soundtrack to boot.

Last edited:
Chivalry 2 is great fun, one of my most played games on PS5. Technically great and the gameplay is super fun! Do yourself a favour and go and chop some heads off, folks.

skit_data

That’s a first!
I have literally zero experience/knowledge about any one of these games, so I can’t really speak on wether it’s a good or bad month.

My only experience with the Grid franchise was buying it dirt cheap on PS3, being disappointed it had no tuning/customization and never playing it again.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Chivalry is hilarious with friends. Will give Grid Legends a try for sure.

Not really interest in Descenders, but might as well try that too.

Esca

Wanted to try grid. Chivalry 2 should be good fun, I enjoyed the first one running around swinging seasons and screaming lol

R6Rider

Gold Member
Didn't realize how highly rated Descenders was. Watched some videos and it look super fun, especially messing around with friends.

Chivalry 2 is great fun, one of my most played games on PS5. Technically great and the gameplay is super fun! Do yourself a favour and go and chop some heads off, folks.

Chivalry 2 is also getting cross-partying next patch which will be awesome to team up with PC players

Chivalry is hilarious with friends. Will give Grid Legends a try for sure.

Not really interest in Descenders, but might as well try that too.

If one of you (or somebody else) doesn't mind answering, how many friends can you enter the game with? I'm not wondering how many people are on each team, as that info is easy to find. I'm just wondering how many are allowed in your specific squad, or whatever they call players who are grouped together. Anyone know?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Meh for me, but the last few months (of both Extra and Essential) have been way too good, I'm hopelessly behind on everything I would like to try.

[Sigma]

Nothing really for me and even there were, I likely still wouldn't play it knowing how I am with monthly free games. I tend to not play them when I still have games that I bought that I need to play. Last time I played a monthly game was like in January of 2022, I think that was Dirt 5 because I was really in the mood for a racing game to play since I really hadn't been into one since I stopped playing Driveclub years ago.

R6Rider

Gold Member
If one of you (or somebody else) doesn't mind answering, how many friends can you enter the game with? I'm not wondering how many people are on each team, as that info is easy to find. I'm just wondering how many are allowed in your specific squad, or whatever they call players who are grouped together. Anyone know?
Last time I played (which was over a year ago now) it was 4 players to a party. I don't remember if you could join a match another way to be on the opposite team or to be in same game but different squad.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Descenders is mint.

For anyone who doesn’t know, the studio are hoping to announce their next game this year.

Skifi28

Grid Legends has some of the worst dualsense / vibration support I've ever seen in a racing game. I had to check to see if my controller was broken but nope, it was the game.

Top Bottom