• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for November: Skyrim, Rainbow Six Siege, Kingdom Hearts III and more

SLB1904

Banned
I can almost read the PR statement in a year: "We're discontinuing the Premium tier cause no one plays the classic games."

How is it possible that Ragnarok doesn't have a trial? Like...this is the most obvious trial ever for them, lmao. Whoever played the first 2 hours knows how those hours would sell a lot of copies with a trial version.
Will probably come later. People are queuing to buy that thing

Kusarigama

How come MS is letting them have Bethesda games on the PS plus extra with Skyrim and last month's Deathloop. Also a lot of the other titles are available, i think Wolfenstein and Doom come to mind.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
How come MS is letting them have Bethesda games on the PS plus extra with Skyrim and last month's Deathloop. Also a lot of the other titles are available, i think Wolfenstein and Doom come to mind.
Seriously WTF. Sony blocks 3rd party games from Game Pass and Xbox lets Sony have Xbox 1st party games on PS.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
They already had a contract with Bethesda on PS Now and for some games on PS+. They probably renewed it for the relaunch before MS could say anything.

They only got them in March 2021, not much time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Great month! I wanted to try Kingdom Hearts games so it's great.
Comedy Central Drinking GIF by Drunk History

Thief1987

I feel like when they eventually run out of ubisoft and square games monthly offerings become much more smaller.

Last edited:

engstra

I’ve saved more money by buying some of them individually. I think that might be your better option.
As it only was an extra 20 the value is there by playing only a couple of the classics offered. However there's not much being offered to incentivise people to upgrade to top tier

Fbh

It's not like they are donating them, they are getting paid.
Skyrim is ancient and has been on playstation for a long time, Deathloop kinda bombed and it also launched on Ps5 and stayed exclusive for a year. Both games probably aren't selling that much anymore, whatever Sony is offering them is probably just worth more to MS than avoiding some sort of perceived competitive disadvantage related to a 2011 RPG that has always been avialable on Playstation coming to Ps+

I feel like when they eventually run out of ubisoft and square games monthly offerings become much more smaller.

Not sure if smaller, but certainly more indie focused.

Last edited:

skit_data

I might have to finally check out Skyrim when I have finished GoW Ragnarök, never quite vibed with Elder Scrolls though.

Chorus on the other hand looks really nice and I’ve been interested in it ever since I saw the trailers.

A lot of these deals happen many months and sometimes even years in advance. Sony probably closed this deal before that acquisition was final.

ANIMAL1975

Anyone voluntarily still subscribed to that tier is a clown. There, I said it.

Sony clearly don't give a shit about their classics so not sure why anyone would give them money on a monthly basis for something they won't deliver on.

Who you calling a clown breh
200.gif

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

Crayon

Damn extra has been pretty good so far. Doesn't really fit my habits still but for 40 bucks I can see reupping another year.

rushgore

Can't a PS4 only title in this list be played on PS5 through backwards compatibility? I'm confused on that, otherwise good list.

As it only was an extra 20 the value is there by playing only a couple of the classics offered. However there's not much being offered to incentivise people to upgrade to top tier
Which is why I think your money is circling the drain if that’s one of your top priorities when choosing that tier. The PS1 and PS2 games go on sale regularly and Sony has sale periods occurring almost as often as Steam does. I’d at least suggest weighing your options against how often Sony adds a handful of BC games to the service.

Roufianos

Reminder that there are countries where Sony sells Premium without game streaming, which means there will be nothing for them this month.
That's honestly infuriating. Biggest fucking scam in gaming.

How the hell does a multi-billion entity not have the manpower to get games up and running on an already built emulator. They're not even trying.

Last edited:

engstra

True, but they're giving us entire franchises every month. Every Assassin's Creed game, every Yakuza game, every modern Dragon Quest game, etc.
yea but considering a lot of this stuff won't stay on the service forever would prefer if it wasn't all just dropped on there at once

engstra

You must be taking the piss.
Like I said, not so much about the quality of the games but issue is that they're all long games. For me personally I would prefer more of a focus on some more digestible titles. Stuff that there's a possibility of finishing before the next batch of games

For those who have played Rainbow Six Siege, are there any ways to play the game with a small group of 4 to 6 friends, without getting matched up against people who have been playing for years? Is there a PVE co-op mode, or can you setup any custom games for 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 with friends only?

Just not a lot of variety. A bunch of Kingdom Hearts and Ubisoft games. Same last month with Dragon Quests. Would like to see more of a mix with smaller games being put on there too.
I get your point when it comes to Kingdom Hearts and Assassin's Creed, but the Dragon Quest games last month covered a few completely different genres.

Anyone voluntarily still subscribed to that tier is a clown. There, I said it.
Anyone still subscribed to that tier and simultaneously bitching about its value is a clown.

Whatever has been on ps now is also irrelevant, premium in its current form is from the start not really providing (many) old classics so expecting those in masses just because classics sound older than PS3 era, is anyone's own misguided entitlement. The same nonsense as the expert insiders expecting PS3 emulation and whatnot.

Titles leaving and returning is also how subscriptions work, anyone expecting to built a fixed catalogue they "own" and have access forever is just stupid and sets themselves up for disappointment.

I am happy with extra and premium and have no reason to not pay the higher tier.
While I'd prefer PS3 downloads, PS3 streams are on average far more interesting than PS2 or PS1 garbage.

Last edited:
When you look at the value of these services: PS+ Extra and Game Pass Ultimate both costing around $15 per month, GameFly still clowns them both with two games out at a time for $22 per month.

Top Bottom