• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for March revealed

Although I have most of them I have to admit that there's some good bangers on that extra list there! Hopefully Sony keeps this up.

EDIT: Peeps you should give LiS 2 a shot, I know it has a bad rep but honestly I've enjoyed it quite a lot and imo it's better that LiS:BtS and True Colours.

Last edited:
"Premium" is the "I have more money than sense" tier, that includes some additional titles
Premium isn't great compared to Extra, but this is too far. It's $100 vs $120 per year, so it doesn't take much to be worth the difference. Stuff like Legend of Dragoon and other PS1, PS2 and PS3 games with trophy support is worth it for many.

It's still below what I'd expect from those libraries though. It is getting better (slowly).

nowhat

Stuff like Legend of Dragoon
Yeah, so I never played the original back in the day.

...and with the emulation Sony has going on, I probably never will. Holy fuck, talk about a low level effort. I might as well run it on my laptop and it would look nicer. Said laptop has integrated Intel graphics.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Feels good not buying PS4/PS5 games since 2019.

I've had PS5 for a year now and bought no games, but PS+ Extra has been good.

PS+ Extra + PS5 Digital is a great combo.

Why do I get the feeling PS Plus library is becoming better even than Game Pass? I had both service subscripted, Game Pass is definitely a more economic choice, but they need to add some heavy hitters, expecting Redfall
Because you prefer PlayStation exclusives such as Horizon, Spider-Man, God of War, Returnal, etc over Xbox exclusives such as Halo, Gears of War and Forza?

SeraphJan

Because you prefer PlayStation exclusives such as Horizon, Spider-Man, God of War, Returnal, etc over Xbox exclusives such as Halo, Gears of War and Forza?
Non of the game revealed this month that interest me was Sony first party, I like Gears, but not Halo, I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer

In terms of game library, the Sony first party game definitely are some of the top quality (and quantity too), but the fact they have Ubisoft games is another huge plus for me (too bad they delisted AC Valhalla).

I'm also looking forward to continuing subscribing to EA Play Pro (not the standard version which overlaps with Game Pass), WIild Hearts, Dead Space Remake, Jedi Survivor, these 3 games already justify the price

As for Microsoft first party, I'm expecting Hellblade 2 and Starfield, but at the current state (until more first party game releases), to me its the least favorable out of three, except its the cheapest in terms of fee.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Tchia looks like something nice to groove out to. I played most of the others. Might try that Rainbow Six game for variety.

ZoyosJD

Just wanted to take a second to say I hate how Sony (and other companies) intentionally make it more and more difficult to just grab the months content off the web store just to increase app engagement time. Split PS+ into three tiers accessed from different areas of the website/app, separate release schedules, some games are available on the month, some part of a longer lasting catalogue (permanent?). Games will indicate they are available on PS+, then also show not available for "purchase." The web store is even more neutered than the app where icons advertising a game might link you to it or just be a jpeg and said game won't show in either search.

Why are all these games not automatically added to library. Just give me an OCD cleanup button. FFS, I've got like 6 years of PS+ Premium and still buy big games day one, my service and and use of time isn't going anywhere. All of this just makes the experience less seamless and more annoying.

SeraphJan

GamePass is $180
PS+ Premium is $120
NSO+Expansion is $50
I don't know where you get your price, is it MSRP?

If you are talking about Game Catalog for one Platform

PS Plus Extra $14.99 a month

Game Pass is $9.99 a month

If you are talking about Game Pass Ultimate which include 2 platform, its only $14.99 a month

PS Plus Premium with Classic game is $17.99 and its still 1 platform, and Game Pass includes Classic games for 1 platform only cost $9.99 a month

Game Pass is still more economic, of course I still prefer PS Plus due to its library, but let's give credit where its due.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

If you are talking about Game Pass Ultimate which include 2 platform, its only $14.99 a month

PS Plus Premium with Classic game is $17.99 and its still 1 platform, and Game Pass includes Classic games for 1 platform only cost $9.99 a month

Game Pass is still more economic, of course I still prefer PS Plus due to its library, but let's give credit where its due.
Cap would be referring to the yearly sub, not monthly.

images

SeraphJan

Cap would be referring to the yearly sub, not monthly.

images
I'm aware, but Game Pass doesn't cost $180 a year at least for one platform.

Anyway I prefer monthly for me its still more economic, especially when I'm subscribing multiple services, my time is not enough

Last edited:

SeraphJan

What about Game Pass Ultimate?
I don't know, I find Ultimate pretty useless to me, unless its on discount, I'm content with either Console version or PC version, I barely have enough time when subscribing 3 services, monthly wise I find both EA Pro and PS Plus on the expensive side, but I do prefer PS Plus library, thus I'm content with what I payed, PS Plus also offer monthly game which won't be delisted once claimed, its a fantastic service. I was just pointing out the merit Game Pass had, not to discredit PS Plus

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I don't know, I find Ultimate pretty useless to me, unless its on discount, I'm content with either Console version or PC version, I barely have enough time when subscribing 3 services, monthly wise I find both EA Pro and PS Plus on the expensive side, but I do prefer PS Plus library, thus I'm content with what I payed, PS Plus also offer monthly game which won't be delisted once claimed, its a fantastic service. I was just pointing out the merit Game Pass had, not to discredit PS Plus
Yeah, if you’re not playing games online then you don’t need ultimate.

I'm giving annual prices.

PS+ Extra is $100 per year
PS+ Premium is $120 per year
GPU is $180 per year (they don't offer an annual price/discount)

AyPekNZ.jpg

You would have to be dumb to pay $18 a month for PS+ Premium.

Hopefully, Xbox eventually offers an annual GP plan.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

I pay for PS+ Extra monthly, depend on whether the monthly game is worth it or not, monthly subscription is the most logical choice if you are subscribed to multiple service (GP, PS+, EA Pro), your time is limited.

Last edited:

Anyway I prefer monthly for me its still more economic, especially when I'm subscribing multiple services, my time is not enough
It's not about what do you prefer, different services have different price strategies. Servicies like PSPlus or Prime favour the yearly sub with pricey monthly tokens to increase engagement. Other services like GamePass or Netflix favour the monthly sub and often don't offer a yearly discount.
Totally different price and market model and positioning.

Bojji

PS+ Extra is $100 per year

AyPekNZ.jpg

Hopefully, Xbox eventually offers an annual GP plan.

I pay for every month of game pass exactly 1$ (4PLN), just create new account and have 1 month trial on it - it works on every account on the console. Other way is to get 2 month trails from eneba and use them on new accounts, cost is about the same.

MS clearly doesn't give a fuck, otherwise they would block me (and many others) from doing it.

This way GPU is cheaper for me than PS+ (that i bought on discount anyway).

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I pay for every month of game pass exactly 1$ (4PLN), just create new account and have 1 month trial on it - it works on every account on the console. Other way is to get 2 month trails from eneba and use them on new accounts, cost is about the same.

MS clearly doesn't give a fuck, otherwise they would block me (and many others) from doing it.

Even without discounts, GP is still an insanely great deal. Even 1 day one game on the service makes up the $60 difference, and we get several. If they ever get their 1st party going, that will be more than worth it, and then some.

Both subs are a good deal.

Just wanted to take a second to say I hate how Sony (and other companies) intentionally make it more and more difficult to just grab the months content off the web store just to increase app engagement time. Split PS+ into three tiers accessed from different areas of the website/app, separate release schedules, some games are available on the month, some part of a longer lasting catalogue (permanent?). Games will indicate they are available on PS+, then also show not available for "purchase." The web store is even more neutered than the app where icons advertising a game might link you to it or just be a jpeg and said game won't show in either search.

Why are all these games not automatically added to library. Just give me an OCD cleanup button. FFS, I've got like 6 years of PS+ Premium and still buy big games day one, my service and and use of time isn't going anywhere. All of this just makes the experience less seamless and more annoying.
I am available for hire. Just give me access to your account and I will have all the content downlaoded, sorted, and ready to go as soon as its available. After a while, i will be able to test and recommend which titles are more to your liking. Its the truly premium subscription service, plebs get rekt. We can negotiate the terms of the contract at lunch.

nowhat

So I thought might as well give Ghostwire a try, as it is now "free". What's the current preferred graphics setting on PS5? I have a VRR-capable TV FWIW.

(I'm aware of the DF video, but figured things might have changed since launch)

Last edited:

NickFire

So you still save your game progress by playing on your main, which is allowed as long as the new account has ultimate access?

That's actually quite genius if it works.

Bojji

So you still save your game progress by playing on your main, which is allowed as long as the new account has ultimate access?

That's actually quite genius if it works.

My account can play any gamepass games (even download them directly from the store without logging in to "gamepass" account) and play online. What i can't do is redeem games with gold on main account. Cloud saves are free on Xbox so that works without a question.

Ms of course knows about this way of paying peanuts for GP but they clearly don't care, it inftlates their numbers probably. Just like they allowed to buy gamepass for one dollar on top of 3 years of gold.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'll definitely download RRT4....maybe there's hope Rage Racer will come too?

Btw guys you're gonna hate me for this but I have a confession.....
I've never actually liked Ridge Racer Type 4
The style and menus and everything..hated it.

Top Bottom