• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Makes Massive Sustainability Progress in Earth Day Update

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
earth-day-playstation-ps5-1.large.jpg

According to a new SIE corporate blog post, the PlayStation division offset carbon emissions equivalent to 100 million hours of average console electricity use during gameplay in 2021. This is through energy efficiency improvements that it’s built into the PS5 and PS4, including more efficient chipsets and low-power Rest Modes – positive change, then!

There’s other important things the organisation has been doing. As it prepares to launch PS Plus Premium with cloud streaming, it’s been working with its data centres to help them transition to renewable energy where possible. Since 2020, around 78 per cent of the electricity used to stream PlayStation games with PS Now has come from renewable sources. Meanwhile, the firm’s head offices in Europe and the US already use 100 per cent renewable energy, while its Japanese headquarters will follow their lead later this year.

And, beginning last year, the company has started to use recyclable plastic in its game boxes, with roughly 10 per cent of its plastic sourced from post-industrial waste.

I bet those Cell blade servers are very green, congratulations Sony, you did it.

How do you even chose where your energy is coming from? Is Sony producing their own energy?

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Now they should eliminate tons of plastic waste by going all digital. That'll be their 2023 promise.

Zeroing

Banned
Sony to be bought by Apple confirmed!
Is Sony saving the world?....just like Microsoft recycled ocean plastic mice. LOL.
At least both companies don’t focus all their marketing on that, unlike Apple that glues everything making repairs impossible thus more waste… even if you can recycle the aluminum most the things inside the Apple products are impossible to repair or recycle! But if you ask people, almost everyone will say Apple is saving the world!
I’m only allowed to make a serious post by day so I’m back making jokes…

Sony to be bought by Apple confirmed!

At least both companies don’t focus all their marketing on that, unlike Apple that glues everything making repairs impossible thus more waste… even if you can recycle the aluminum most the things inside the Apple products are impossible to repair or recycle! But if you ask people, almost everyone will say Apple is saving the world!
I’m only allowed to make a serious post by day so I’m back making jokes…
Oh my Dog. Apple and apple people make me sick 🤮🤮🤮

Top Bottom