• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation in 2021: Sony presses its advantage with a string of big exclusives

kyliethicc

The remaster counts. It isn't a full new game bu required substantial work. In fact, I didn't mention as secondary, external projects Sony Santa Monica also published/mentored several 'indie' games like Journey, Hohokum, Sound Shapes, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Unfinished Swan, Fat Princess and Here They Lie and supported the two GoW PSP games and the GoW collections.

Btw, GoW Ragnarok is 2021.
Nah completely different devs did all of those games. Look it up.

And we'll see about the next God of War game. It still doesn't have an official name, btw.

yurinka

Nah completely different devs did all of those games. Look it up.

And we'll see about the next God of War game. It still doesn't have an official name, btw.
All this 'indie' stuff were incubated and published at Sony Santa Monica. Santa Monica intenal devs had little to do there, but people from the other areas were working on it. They also incubated Ready At Dawn, supporting them for the God of War PSP games and The Order.

The codename of the next God of War is Ragnarok, the teaser said 'Ragnarok is coming' and looking at the ending of the previous game the Ragnarok was going to start. So yes, the official name isn't God of War Ragnarok but I'd bet it will have this name.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Naughty Dog will give them game of the year but I think the console wars are going to be closer than people think, a little closer than last gen.

Yoboman

No, it's frequently used term as always has been to describe 1st party games developed by 3rd party studios.
You literally just described it as first party, because that's what it is

Whether it is an internal or external developer has no practical implications. It is still owned and published by the first party publisber

yurinka

You literally just described it as first party, because that's what it is

Whether it is an internal or external developer has no practical implications. It is still owned and published by the first party publisber
A 2nd party game is also a 1st party game (published by a console platform holder, who in most cases also keeps the IP for them and funds the game).

When called 2nd party is to highlight that it's a 1st party game but developed by an external studio.

Eanox

Sony needs to pressure Polyphony. GT is not the system seller as it used to be. GT sports was an incomplete game and it took them 4 years. GT7 if got delayed will take them 5 years. They create great content but they released a game in a long span of time. Which is unproductive. I admire the support for GT sports but it's inexcusable when turn 10 can manage to release a game in a short time of span.

I have a good feeling GOW Ragnarok will make it this year.
Could be their holiday game with a PS5 limited edition box for NA.
Ratchet is May
Horizon forbidden west could be July or September.
GT 7 October GT 7 is a system seller for EU, hopefully it will not be delayed.

Perfect line-up for PS5 launch period.

Excited for Sony Bends, Insomniac, London studio, Japan studios next game and the rumored new San Diego studio game.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
A traditional GT7 would be huge for Sony. They need to have offline play/saves and have a decent amount of content at launch and it'll do way better than GT Sport

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is Kena really coming out on March!!? If we are that close to release date shouldn't we get some new trailer for it by now?

Perrott

Gold Member
Is Kena really coming out on March!!? If we are that close to release date shouldn't we get some new trailer for it by now?
Word on the street is that it could be one of the PS Plus games for the next month. If that were to be the case, I imagine that we should get a launch trailer next Wednesday alongside with the March PS Plus games announcement.

Top Bottom