• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Holiday Sale Live

Got a notification from the PS app that the sale has been updated. I've noticed Control Ultimate Edition for $20, AC Odyssey Ultimate Edition (that comes with AC3 remastered) for $30 and Jedi Fallen Order for $23 that I don't think were on sale before. I'll probably buy Control for the free ps5 upgrade. I know about their scummy tactics with the Ultimate Edition but that's the one on sale and I haven't played it.

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Is Anthem worth $10? I’m more worried about wasting my time than my money, though.
Only if you have someone to play it with IMO. I had a good time with it (put over 100 hours in)--but only played with a friend and half the fun was shooting the shit with them while playing. That said, I feel the same way about Destiny, Borderlands etc. in that I wouldn't play them solo and just enjoy them as a fun way to virtually hangout with friends who live far away since I don't like PVP games.

I liked the combat and traversal in Anthem way more than other looter shooter games (I'm a big Mass Effect lover and this feels similar with Iron Man style flying added in), but the story and lore is pretty underwhelming even compared to Destiny or Borderlands. Anthem is on EA Access/Gamepass, so if you have either of those (or plan to grab a month or three) you can check it out that way.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Grabbed Dark Souls 3, I've beaten it on Xbox but I wanna try it in 60fps
That is tempting... Is it 60 fps on Xbox and ps5?

I'm currently torn between a few games.

Fallout 76
Elder scrolls online: greymoor
Dark Souls 3 (only a bit tempting as I have beaten it like 5 times on PS4 pro)
Borderlands 3

I'm heavily leaning towards ESO

That is tempting... Is it 60 fps on Xbox and ps5?

I'm currently torn between a few games.

Fallout 76
Elder scrolls online: greymoor
Dark Souls 3 (only a bit tempting as I have beaten it like 5 times on PS4 pro)
Borderlands 3

I'm heavily leaning towards ESO

Nah supposedly only PS5. I played ESO for years, it's fantastic. F

I'm so happy my refund for Cyberpunk didn't go through. That's keeping me busy for the time being.
Otherwise I'd be on PSN spending money again.

Trogdor1123

Honestly not at the beginning, but if you're gonna want to play at least for a few months then I'd definitely recommend it.
Sorry for all the questions but if you buy the greymoor package do you get all the previous content? Or do you need to buy them all too? Thus the ESO+ being a value?

Sorry for all the questions but if you buy the greymoor package do you get all the previous content? Or do you need to buy them all too? Thus the ESO+ being a value?

No worries at all! You'll get every DLC released with ESO+ (while you have it active). Greymoor is considered a "chapter" instead of a DLC, so you'll need to buy that too if you want to play it. I wouldn't even bother right now, you've got literally hundreds of hours of content in the base game alone.

The app said there were new games added to the sale, but offers no sorting options to even see what those games are. Great job Sony.

This seems like a good way to browse new sales.

Last edited:

leo-j

I’ve never played a dark souls game. Just fell in love with blood borne and the ps5 demons souls. Is it recommended to get dark souls 3 for $15?

Skifi28

I’ve never played a dark souls game. Just fell in love with blood borne and the ps5 demons souls. Is it recommended to get dark souls 3 for $15?

Well, it now runs at a flawless 60fps on PS5, so I guess yeah.

Last edited:

pixelation

Sekiro still 39 bucks, lol
And immortals already discounted after a month?
Eyeing yakuza

Any recs for good couch co-op games? I want something new to play with the boy
I know it's a late reply (and the game is not on sale atm), but Sackboy is a blast in couch co-op.

DonJorginho

Banned
Bought Crysis Remastered, already regret it, the input lag is insane! (I have tried it on multiple monitors and TVs around my house and it is dreadful on all of them!)

I looked it up and it is actually a known issue, that'll tell me for not doing my research I suppose, currently am begging Sony Support for a good will refund to my PSN Wallet.

Zeeed

Dunno if this is considered holidays sales still (Maybe there should be a dedicated PSN sales notice thread for good deal?)

Yakuza 0 is $4.99 in the PStore now.
It's a prequal to the original game and some people have said you should start with this game if you want to get into the Yakuza series.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
After a recent significant rage incident, I've decided I'm going to spend a while only playing games that have a calming effect on me. To that effect, I bought the following games on the sale:
  • FF Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Tales of Zestiria
  • Ni No Kuni Remastered
  • Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Kataploom

Gold Member
Sony acting like Nintendo not drooping the price for Spiderman at this point. $89 for this is ridiculous.
That's because they can, as does Nintendo... If they don't keep GOW or TLOU price at $60 is because they can't cause it wouldn't sell the same, market speaks for itself

Futurematic

I’ve been hoping for a Spider-Man sale myself. I need at least 1/3 off Ultimate to recoup my purchase price of never played PS4 version (PS4 died like a day after I bought it).

Camreezie

Dunno if this is considered holidays sales still (Maybe there should be a dedicated PSN sales notice thread for good deal?)

Yakuza 0 is $4.99 in the PStore now.
It's a prequal to the original game and some people have said you should start with this game if you want to get into the Yakuza series.
That's a great deal and Yakuza Kiwami was on playstation plus at some point. So that's an easy in to that series.

Zeeed

Should I purchase death stranding, is it worth a buy?

Finished the game on PC. Really liked it.
People are not joking when they call it a walking simulator. Or critics complain that it is "tedious" at times.
You really have to be in the mode to play this kind of game.
If you are into tea-bagging and headshot Call of Duty stuff, this game might not be for you.

Be ready for:
-Feelings of melancholy one minute, spine tingling sensation the next minute
-Feeling helpless at first (you are a courier)
-Long stretches of walking around a dystopian America countryside
-Long cutscenes of storytelling
-Awkward boss fights
-Scenes of beauty almost every few minutes
-Thought provoking ideas from Kojima(I swear he dreams about these things after getting high)
-Great voice acting/motion capture
-An OST that might stay with you for some times if not your playlist

This game is very hard for me to recommend because I feel it is a 50/50 chance people will love it or hate it.

But for 50% off making it $20usd, maybe it won't be so hard taking a chance on it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom