• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Holiday Sale Live

Trogdor1123

Anything people would recommend for ps5?

Copy someone explain the Borderlands 3 upgrade too? It sounds like you can buy the PS4 version and it upgrades but there are like 4 versions...I just want the cheapest vanilla one on ps5...

sainraja

It is definitely not available on their web site.

There's just a listing with no buy option, no "purchased" option or anything:

I'm not sure this person knows WTF they are talking about...

Most likely will be available to download via the system itself if it is acting that way on the website. It's just weird how their website behaves a little oddly.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Most likely will be available to download via the system itself if it is acting that way on the website. It's just weird how their website behaves a little oddly.
It's never been announced for sale separately.. we have one guy showing a screenshot of the "Download" page that anyone who owns the MM Ultimate edition will see and no other evidence that it's for sale.

Maybe it'll be for sale soon, but I'm just not seeing evidence of that.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
FFS two faulty PS5s later and Valhalla is on sale before I even got chance to launch it. Can't see the price so hoping it's a price reduction of 1 American dollar.

Zeeed

I got excited for Immortals when I saw their post-game road map and one of the DLC going into Chinese mythology.

So I can see them putting a sale on this game and hoping people will enjoy it enough to buy the season pass.

I just bought the game because of the sale, and I'll see how much I like it and decide on the season pass later.

Last edited:

TheMan

Debating Anthem at $14 CDN and both Bayonetta and Vanquish ($17 CDN each). Thoughts?

TBH I had fun with anthem and I don't regret buying it (although I got it cheaper than what they have been selling it for lately.) Things to be aware of- endgame sucks, just not much to do. The store kinda sucks and rotates different items in and out every few days, you can't just buy what you want when you want it. The population is probalby going to be very low now and so you will probably difficulty with matchmaking

TheMan

Immortals is one of the best games of 2020 and will be the subject of many late to the party threads in the future.

best games? I dunno, I've played some of it through the ubisoft service and it was ok. Didn't get very far so maybe it woudl click with more time. Can't really put my finger on why it didn't wow me, but it didn't

Been waiting all year for a sale on the Zombie Army 4 Season Pass especially as there is a season pass 2 out already and a season pass 3 coming next year. Still no sale on it but the version of the game that comes with the season pass is $15 cheaper than the season pass itself. Guess I'm buying that even though I own the game digitally already.

BuffNTuff

Banned
Maybe im asking too much but I feel like this sale isn’t really that great.

Last Christmas I copped read dead redemption 2 for like 4.99 on Xbox live and here it’s still 29.99 on psn.

The ubi next gen sales seem pretty good but I’ve already got Valhalla and the rest of their games on next gen are trash to me.

I just want to be able to get spider man remastered without having to buy miles morales.

sainraja

It's never been announced for sale separately.. we have one guy showing a screenshot of the "Download" page that anyone who owns the MM Ultimate edition will see and no other evidence that it's for sale.

Maybe it'll be for sale soon, but I'm just not seeing evidence of that.

Oh gotcha. Do we have anyone who hasn't yet purchased the Ultimate Edition of Spiderman but bought it on the PS4 with a PS5 who can check on their system to validate this? The example I am giving has worked for in other situations so I was thinking it'd be the same here if they are indeed making it available to PS5 owners who only got Miles but owned the previous gen version.

kunonabi

Last Christmas I copped read dead redemption 2 for like 4.99 on Xbox live and here it’s still 29.99 on psn.

The ubi next gen sales seem pretty good but I’ve already got Valhalla and the rest of their games on next gen are trash to me.

I just want to be able to get spider man remastered without having to buy miles morales.

Yeah, it's pretty weak this year. I usually grab tons of of stuff in these sales but this year there would only be a couple things I'd want had the discounts been better.

Would I have a wishlist with around maybe 20 titles on it, I put on it over time, man, I would look at that list, if there's a sale for those games.

(Twist ending: I hate that new store design with a passion!)

DonJorginho

Banned
Just did a spending spree on games I miss playing and missed out playing.

Immortals Fenyx Rising
Watch Dogs Legion
Skyrim Special Edition
Donut County
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Final Fantasy VII Remake (want a digital copy for my PS5 Digital)
Doom Eternal
Mafia Definitive Edition
Resident Evil 3
Vanquish

bender

What time is it?
Guys buy immortals fenyx rising. Its amazing.

717954.jpg

TRwZoi.gif

Fox Mulder

A big sales like this really highlights how fucking awful the new store is. No sorting at all for basic shit like A-Z or release date, games and addons mixed together in an endless scroll of game art, and the wishlist is gone.

you shouldn’t need to use a third party site, but Sony is fucking dumb.

bender

What time is it?
A big sales like this really highlights how fucking awful the new store is. No sorting at all for basic shit like A-Z or release date, games and addons mixed together in an endless scroll of game art, and the wishlist is gone.

you shouldn’t need to use a third party site, but Sony is fucking dumb.

Thankfully the PS5 store browser has a wish list now. I'd be lost without it.

Bought No Man's Sky and MK11 Kombat Pack 2 so far.

I want to play Maneater on the ps5 I'm picking up Saturday but it's not on sale so maybe I should just wait for that lineup refresh in January.

ultrazilla

Anything people would recommend for ps5?

Copy someone explain the Borderlands 3 upgrade too? It sounds like you can buy the PS4 version and it upgrades but there are like 4 versions...I just want the cheapest vanilla one on ps5...

With Borderlands 3, you are buying the PS4 version of the game but it comes with a free "next gen" PS5 upgrade that features native 4k resolution and 60fps. I have the game and it's ace.
I also have the PC version and the PS5 version to me feels just as good IMO. You also get couch co-op/split screen play.

Mr Moose

Cheaper on Amazon, might pick up Immortals and Borderlands 3 and save myself £10+ from these digital prices.
Edit: Bought. Prefer discs anyway.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I bought Cuphead. It took me dozens of tries to beat the first level. There’s shit flying from all directions all over the screen. 8 year old me probably would have sailed through the game easily but almost 40 year old me is like

The Lion King Reaction GIF

Cool game though and I love the art style. I will pick away at it. Probably going to pick up Immortals also today.

Last edited:

U r mistaken. RDR2 at no point have reached 4.99 on any store . Maybe u r thinking of RDR1 ?

Top Bottom