• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation had an excellent Gamescom (without even showing up properly)

Amidst all the talk that PlayStation has been so quiet and that they need an event, I think PlayStation had the best Gamescom showing -- and that was without any big official presence. PlayStation fans got:
  • Sifu release date (Feb 2, 2022)
  • Horizon Forbidden West release date (Feb 18, 2022)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 60 FPS patch announcement
  • Jett: The Far Shore release date (October 5, 2022) with more gameplay footage
  • Death Stranding: Director's Cut gameplay deep dive (freakin' jet packs!)
  • Call of Duty: Vanguard gameplay with a reminder of the exclusive PlayStation Alpha this weekend
All great, positive news. And that's without PlayStation actually showing up with their big reveals (ala God of War or HFW new gameplay footage) or other big new game announcements.

This may or may not fill the void of a big one-hour showcase but it still softens the blow. No one was expecting much from PlayStation at Gamescom, so everything was a nice welcome surprise (at least for me). Even a mid-sized State of Play in early September, as has been rumored which now looks even more credible than ever, would be a nice way to tie it all up for this year.

Question: Do you guys feel the same way? Or would you be happier with a relatively low-quality (CGI trailers, no gameplay, padded fluff, etc.) but a big one-hour show from Sony anyway?
Bruh that's high level cappin. Pls stop. Now Sony had shit showing. Individual devs announcing stuff doesnt mean Sony Sony announcement

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Bruh that's high level cappin. Pls stop. Now Sony had shit showing. Individual devs announcing stuff doesnt mean Sony Sony announcement
I don't think you understand the point of my post.

We were all waiting for some good PlayStation news (and Sony wasn't giving us any news or shows). Gamescom happened, and PlayStation users ended up getting a lot of good news and release dates, even though Sony wasn't there for a show.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I don't think you understand the point of my post.

We were all waiting for some good PlayStation news (and Sony wasn't giving us any news or shows). Gamescom happened, and PlayStation users ended up getting a lot of good news and release dates, even though Sony wasn't there for a show.
I fail to see what the good news is? Is it the Horizon Forbidden West delay, the port of Death Stranding or the shit multi-platform game that is CoD?

Seriously, absolutely embarrassing thread.

Top Bottom