• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Greenlit An IP With Jetpack Interactive:

I'm nobody

"We are now working directly with Sony to develop one of its flagship IPs within its much anticipated live services games portfolio. If you're revved up about being part of a small and skilled SWAT team making some of the
finest AAA games out there – we're pretty sure you'll like working at Jetpack.

Come work alongside our team of experienced game developers and take pride in being part of a select team working on a prized IP."
Link

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hmmm,

J3ziqDQ.png

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Not just greenlit, the game is almost ready to launch. They are hiring for people that can help ship them.

We are hiring programmers to join our small & nimble team at JETPACK. We're excited to embark on a new live services title with Sony - and we're ready to launch. If you're an experienced game developer and want to join our team to ship a AAA title, reach out! #jetpackinteractive #gamedev #videogames

The thread title should be updated.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Could it be Factions? I don't think it will be TM.
Factions? No, absolutely not. ND is working on Factions.

JetPack isn't providing support. This time they are making a complete game on their own. Sony was happy with their GOW PC port and provided the resources to expand their team and hire devs to make a complete game. That's the story.

And the game is based on an existing IP. It could be Twisted Metal (because the rumor was that Sony has taken Lucid off of that project), but there were also rumors that FireSprite is now heading Twisted Metal. In that case, it could be another existing IP.

Let's see.

Considering that it's almost ready to launch, I bet we'll see this project if Sony decides to hold a Showcase next month.

Three

Factions? No, absolutely not. ND is working on Factions.

JetPack isn't providing support. This time they are making a complete game on their own. Sony was happy with their GOW PC port and provided the resources to expand their team and hire devs to make a complete game. That's the story.

And the game is based on an existing IP. It could be Twisted Metal (because the rumor was that Sony has taken Lucid off of that project), but there were also rumors that FireSprite is now heading Twisted Metal. In that case, it could be another existing IP.

Let's see.

Considering that it's almost ready to launch, I bet we'll see this project if Sony decides to hold a Showcase next month.
Interesting. I thought they might be working on porting for Factions.

Banned
"We are now working directly with Sony to develop one of its flagship IPs within its much anticipated live services games portfolio. If you're revved up about being part of a small and skilled SWAT team making some of the
finest AAA games out there – we're pretty sure you'll like working at Jetpack.

Come work alongside our team of experienced game developers and take pride in being part of a select team working on a prized IP."
Link

this SCREAMS Last of Us Factions 2 PC port

Three

Is what Factions 2 evolved into a prized IP or a new IP?
If you use TLOU and you're using 2 at the end of factions then it's difficult to say it's a new IP but they could be the same thing. I guess we will never know because I don't think Snitch is going to say what it was referring to in hindsight, especially if it's wrong.

The first factions wasn’t really a real canon thing, this game will essentially be the first of its kind, with an actual story and unique characters.

Realistically its probably Twisted Metal. Its using Unreal Engine 5 and its the only ‘beloved’ IP sony has who’s studio doesn’t work on a proprietary engine.

Its supposed to coincide with the tv show next year also.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
this SCREAMS Last of Us Factions 2 PC port
No, because we know that ND is working on Factions. And Jetpacking is hiring for a full game, not a port.

Second, they said that the game is almost ready to launch, and they are now hiring people to help them ship the game. TLOU 2 Online isn't near completion yet. Marketing will kick in sometime in 2023; the game may either release in 2023 or 2024.

The two games (TLOU 2 Online and Jetpack's IP) don't align with each other.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If you use TLOU and you're using 2 at the end of factions then it's difficult to say it's a new IP but they could be the same thing. I guess we will never know because I don't think Snitch is going to say what it was referring to in hindsight, especially if it's wrong.
Im calling it Factions 2 just cuz we dont actually know what the game is called.
It was originally just MP of TLOU2, but its apparently grown into something much bigger, an "insider" hearing about whatever this game has become could think "ohh its a whole new IP".
And while ND had started working on it, theres no reason JetPack couldnt be a pure co-developer on this.....if its as big as they said it might actually need this many people on board.

No, because we know that ND is working on Factions. And Jetpacking is hiring for a full game, not a port.

Second, they said that the game is almost ready to launch, and they are now hiring people to help them ship the game. TLOU 2 Online isn't near to completion to yet. Marketing will game kick in sometime 2023; the game may either release in 2023 or 2024.

The two games (TLOU 2 Online and Jetpack's IP) don't align with each other.

Its either gotta be helldivers or twisted metal, those are the next two live service games releasing

Banned

but... they never made an actual game... so I highly doubt that tbh. I assume that they just worded that really weirdly
all this studio did were somewhat serviceable ports of other studios' games

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
but... they never made an actual game... so I highly doubt that tbh. I assume that they just worded that really weirdly
all this studio did were somewhat serviceable ports of other studios' games
Maybe, but the job posting doesn't imply that.

I think the news is that Sony liked their work on GOW PC port, helped them expand their studio with AAA devs, and asked hired the studio to make a live-service game for an existing PS IP.

Jetpack also mentioned that they are "now working directly with Sony," which means that XDev is likely involved, so they won't have many problems with resources, tools, and tech.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Its either gotta be helldivers or twisted metal, those are the next two live service games releasing
Helldivers is by Arrowhead, so we can rule that out.

One of the live-service games is likely the Firewall Ultra for PS VR2, which is releasing before March 31, 2023. That leaves the second one to be either Helldivers 2 (Arrowhead) or this game by Jetpack (whatever it is) to be released before March 31, 2023.

Everybody, including me, thought that the second live-service game will be Helldivers 2, but we didn't know about this game's existence, and it's apparently much closer to launch. So it's possible that Helldivers 2 doesn't release in early 2023 at all.

EDMIX

This sounds like it's gonna be the first PS game to launch simultaneously on PC.

Doubtful. I think one is already set in motion since their whole GAAS initiative as the comments being made by this team is simply saying someone is greenlit, we literally know of games already deep in development for this whole GAAS for this to be the first.

That math isn't mathing lol

This says prized IP. Not sure new IP and prized IP are compatible but maybe they have high hopes for the new IP.

Well true, its likely some existing title that is being ported to PC or something or a series we know of already and they are working on the PC version of it or something.
Warhawk?

…A man can dream, right?

I mean, is a GAAS game, is a existing IP......

giphy.gif

HTK

Banned
Could they be providing support to Guerilla Games 2nd studio for the competitive shooter they were working on? Could it be, dare I say Killzone 😂

Top Bottom