• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation: Gran Turismo 7 site is up

ethomaz

Banned
Gran Turismo™ 7
Sony Interactive Entertainment

Release date: To be confirmed

PS Plus Required for Online Play

GAME OVERVIEW
Gran Turismo 7 builds on 22 years of experience to bring you the best features from the history of the franchise.
Whether you’re a competitive racer, collector, fine-tuning builder, livery designer, photographer or arcade fan – ignite your personal passion for cars with features inspired by the past, present and future of Gran Turismo.

From classic vehicles and tracks to the reintroduction of the legendary GT Simulation Mode – enjoy the best features from past installments of the series. And if you love to race – practice and compete in the FIA Championships and Sport Mode*.
But Gran Turismo 7 is also about more than racing. Refine and create in the evolved tuning and customization mode or improve your skills and racing strategies through Driving School.

PS5™ features
  • Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targetd 60 FPS frame rate.*
  • Fast loading: Go to race events quickly, gather in lobbies and receive friend invites extremely quickly with an ultra-high speed SSD. Select from a huge variety of cars with no load times.
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
  • Haptic feedback: Experience the feeling of tire contact with the road, and subtle bumps on the road surface.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech: Sense the position of other cars and drivers around you through sound. Hear clear 3D Audio positioning and spatial expression of depth and height in replays.
*4K and HDR features require a compatible 4K and HDR TV or display.

TeKtheSanE

Yeah, I think we should just merge the info about these to a PS5 games thread or something if the gaming page starts to fill up with them.

But meh to this one, always preferrred Forza.

Keihart

Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
This sounds so sick, i want it yesterday.
I wonder if they are going to launch a wheel with similar specs to the dual sense.

Last edited:

kyoji

I suspect GT7 + Ratchet will release between December and march! these games look fully baked if not close to it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Shame that you skipped GT sport game was fun.
And i didn’t raced online even once.

also the reason i ordered my ps5
I hope my ps3 wheel works with it :(

GT7

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Pretty much skipped GT Sport, so I'm really looking forward to this.
It sucked at launch but they made DLC every other month adding many new cars and tracks. Well worth getting for £10 on Amazon or where ever. GTS also has the best online in the series.

Arkam

Pretty much skipped GT Sport, so I'm really looking forward to this.
UNless you really like online competitive play, that was a smart move. I bought the deluxe edition and was disappointed. This gen was Drive Club and Forza for racers. I am pretty hyped that GT7 is coming with a strong single player experience. That's what I want. A long journey of upgrading and tweaking my cars to move up the ranks and win all the circuits. I wish they gave us some guidance on release. Even just the year/season would be great.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
UNless you really like online competitive play, that was a smart move. I bought the deluxe edition and was disappointed. This gen was Drive Club and Forza for racers. I am pretty hyped that GT7 is coming with a strong single player experience. That's what I want. A long journey of upgrading and tweaking my cars to move up the ranks and win all the circuits. I wish they gave us some guidance on release. Even just the year/season would be great.

Not having a "proper" GT on PS4, I'm still salty about it.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
A long journey of upgrading and tweaking my cars to move up the ranks and win all the circuits

This is what I miss the most.

I remember playing GT3 (the very first PS2 game I got) and picking the PT Cruiser, clearing the Sunday Cup, getting the Civic reward car, and finally getting the 30k Credits for the SVT Cobra R. Good times.

-Arcadia-

Banned
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
  • Haptic feedback: Experience the feeling of tire contact with the road, and subtle bumps on the road surface.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech: Sense the position of other cars and drivers around you through sound. Hear clear 3D Audio positioning and spatial expression of depth and height in replays.

Did we have details this specific before? Sounds pretty awesome.

sn0man

Collect, tune, race and customize hundreds of cars and create your dream garage collection.*
*Internet required for most functionality.

fuck you sony. Just let me play offline and grind for credits with my modified shit boxes.

sn0man

This is what I miss the most.

I remember playing GT3 (the very first PS2 game I got) and picking the PT Cruiser, clearing the Sunday Cup, getting the Civic reward car, and finally getting the 30k Credits for the SVT Cobra R. Good times.
can't wait. best racing gameplay on the market and a proper campaign mode again. hopefully will hit 2021

im very hopeful but this message on the site has be cautious.

Collect, tune, race and customize hundreds of cars and create your dream garage collection.*
*Internet required for most functionality.

Senua

tom-cruise-laughing-gif.gif

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It goes without saying Gran Turismo is the best in terms of gameplay, maps, tracks it’s a special franchise.

Is this gonna be a more typical Gran Turismo RPG-ish experience? I skipped GT Sport because of all the marketing said "online", "leagues", etc.

TTOOLL

Shame that you skipped GT sport game was fun.
And i didn’t raced online even once.

also the reason i ordered my ps5

GT7

You missed the best part. This comes from someone who despises multiplayer games in general. GT sport is addicting.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
Why are they talking about the PS5 features ? Is it because it could be as well a crossgen title ? I know there wasn't anything said yet by Sony, but who knows.

If the site is up, I guess the game might come sooner rather than later right ?

This is the game, along with FF XVI, I would buy new console for. GT Sport online probably provides most thrills competing against other people out of all games this gen. Penalty system is not perfect but not that far either. Sometimes it’s so good, you almost feel like it has its own life. And cars, tracks and driving model are all brilliant in my opinion, authentic to the core. Livery uploader is stuff of dreams and nothing feels better than sitting back and watching your own nail-biting victory on replay afterwards.

Seriously can’t wait for GT7.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just don't get excited for the Gran Turismo games anymore. I think Forza has taken the crown as the better racing series.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even when they're wrong. 😆

Only joking. Forza is great, but I think GT is better, especially for online racing. Forza"s greatest achievement for me is spawning the Horizon series, which is fantastic 👍

ZywyPL

Banned
I said it once and I'll say it again - I won't be surprised at all if the game launches in H1, or even close to Q1 (March-April), just as GT 5, 6 and Sport, they'll release what they have, what is enough to be considered as a full game, and will continue to add content/features/fixes for the next couple of years, or even entire generation.

duhmetree

Gran Turismo™ 7
Sony Interactive Entertainment

Release date: To be confirmed

PS Plus Required for Online Play

GAME OVERVIEW
Gran Turismo 7 builds on 22 years of experience to bring you the best features from the history of the franchise.
Whether you’re a competitive racer, collector, fine-tuning builder, livery designer, photographer or arcade fan – ignite your personal passion for cars with features inspired by the past, present and future of Gran Turismo.

From classic vehicles and tracks to the reintroduction of the legendary GT Simulation Mode – enjoy the best features from past installments of the series. And if you love to race – practice and compete in the FIA Championships and Sport Mode*.
But Gran Turismo 7 is also about more than racing. Refine and create in the evolved tuning and customization mode or improve your skills and racing strategies through Driving School.

PS5™ features
  • Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targetd 60 FPS frame rate.*
  • Fast loading: Go to race events quickly, gather in lobbies and receive friend invites extremely quickly with an ultra-high speed SSD. Select from a huge variety of cars with no load times.
*4K and HDR features require a compatible 4K and HDR TV or display.

I haven't played a Gran Tourismo game since GT2. I might play this BECAUSE OF the Adaptive Triggers and Haptic Feedback. Should be a completely different experience

Last edited:
Top Bottom