• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Germany confirms that the PS5 version of GTA V will be running at 4k 60FPS

NeoGiffer

You've never seen the crime metropolis of Los Santos look so beautiful, as the skyline shines in crisp 4K resolution thanks to the bold graphics update, and you'll be able to take on the city with extreme smoothness thanks to smooth 60 FPS.

4Bwngqj.gif

I bought GTAV twice (PS3+PS4); I won't be buying it again. Those shitheads didn't even do a PS4 Pro patch despite being one of the most played titles on the system.

The character models still look outdated as fuck.

4k/60 doesn't change that.

I stand by my point. They better include new single player content or a GTA III remake with this one. Otherwise I'm not interested.

Finshed the Game on ps3/ps4 and got It for free on PC. Time to move on.

nbkicker

We never gonna get a gta6 the ps6 when it comes out will prob get a gta5 special edition , id much prefered a red dead 2 update for ps5 then this

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I doubt it will be native 4K and 60fps. The new consoles simply aren't powerful enough to do that without significant compromises in other areas. And while this is a 2 generations old game, I would hope it's not just gonna be the PS4 version with a resolution and framerate bump.

YCoCg

I doubt it will be native 4K and 60fps. The new consoles simply aren't powerful enough to do that without significant compromises in other areas. And while this is a 2 generations old game, I would hope it's not just gonna be the PS4 version with a resolution and framerate bump.
The original Xbox One ran this game at 1080p30 with 8x Anisotropic Filtering. There's always been headroom, they refused to do Pro/X patches. Why is it soo difficult to believe these consoles can do 4k60 on GTAV?

YCoCg

1080p30 on a 1.31 Teraflop GPU (and weak ass Jaguar CPU). Even if you just raw crunch those numbers

X4 for resolution = 5.24
X2 for 60fps = 10.48

Now mix in the gen on gen improvements and better CPU and both PS5 and Series X are running this game at 4k60 with some little headroom.

nbkicker

Cant believe anyone would want to play it again or has even not played it yet, its like sega and sonic , they got a brillant catalogue of other games but keep churning out the same game over and over

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
It'd better be a free upgrade to current owners.
It's nice to want things...

Take two will sell an "upgrade" package or something. Why only make a bajillion dollars when you can make a bajillion plus the upgrade cost? Then also have unique stuff in GTA online that costs millions more.

KAL2006

Banned
Nice I'm sure there will be more things like new graphics upgrade, new cars, weapons etc as just a 4K60 update wouldn't make sense for a paid upgrade. Res and framerate upgrades are usually are free patches.

Imtjnotu

You'd think they sold colossal numbers already, they'd give us this update for free.

At least a $10 upgrade? No?
Lol even for a $1 they would still make 50 million minimum.

They are going to milk this cow for every drop

Shmunter

Bought it over the 2 gens and still could not get into it due to the 1980’s controls. Can they remaster that??

Top Bottom