• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience event December

Its weird that MLB is allowed to have thousands of people next to each other in the stadium. But having people attend a video game show isn't allowed. Nor is developing games at the office. Fuck covid.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Sorry for the bump, but this looked like the best place to ask.

Is this event actually going ahead? Would have thought we would have some official information by now?

Markio128

Is this event actually going ahead? Would have thought we would have some official information by now?
I can’t see it this side of Xmas, but then you never know with Sony - they like to keep their cards very close to their chest.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

No one knows until it's official.

For what it's worth, I never believed the December rumors. However, I still do (and always did) believe that Sony will likely hold an event in February -- primarily to highlight PSVR 2. Let's see.

Papacheeks

Banned

Depending on what has been happening oversea's as seen with Kojima not being able to attend TGA's it's possible Sony might post pone the planned event. It was suppose to be a end of the year celebration event showcasing accomplishments of their developers of 2021. But with lockdowns going into full effect in the states again, and travel bans still on going for countries like Japan, I see it hard for them to still do an event. They may still go forward with a pre-recorded show.

Supposedly a lo of Japanese developed titles that we know or were rumored would be announced. Silent Hill, Capcom's (titles), new look at couple high profile indie games, and an old favorite would be teases/shown, on top of PSVR 2 showcase.

But I know one of their big VR titles has hit a snag that they want to show off and showcase with the new controllers, and show difference in their headset.

We will know by end of next week since it's going into Christmas Holiday and already people are taking time off. They may just do a end of the year trailer collage like they did a year or so ago, and say see you in the new year. Which would hold true of an event in Feb.

Orpheum

i don't think it's gonna happen. Not to say that the leaker is incorrect, it might just be postponed. I personally would expect February/March.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Depending on what has been happening oversea's as seen with Kojima not being able to attend TGA's it's possible Sony might post pone the planned event. It was suppose to be a end of the year celebration event showcasing accomplishments of their developers of 2021. But with lockdowns going into full effect in the states again, and travel bans still on going for countries like Japan, I see it hard for them to still do an event. They may still go forward with a pre-recorded show.

Supposedly a lo of Japanese developed titles that we know or were rumored would be announced. Silent Hill, Capcom's (titles), new look at couple high profile indie games, and an old favorite would be teases/shown, on top of PSVR 2 showcase.

But I know one of their big VR titles has hit a snag that they want to show off and showcase with the new controllers, and show difference in their headset.

We will know by end of next week since it's going into Christmas Holiday and already people are taking time off. They may just do a end of the year trailer collage like they did a year or so ago, and say see you in the new year. Which would hold true of an event in Feb.

Wow. Silent Hill and Capcom titles (Dragons Dogma 2?!) Now I'm hyped. Hope that's true.

ElCasual

Nah, the next big showcase will be in feb-march. In that showcase they say everything of the new subs, gow release date, Bloodborne remaster and few things more.

Top Bottom