• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience event December

Lupin25

None of us truly know what’s happening behind the curtain, so I’d hold off on any assumptions for now.

We definitely know they’ve held back on a few things though… 🤔

Markio128

I came in thinking this was an official announcement.
College Accuse GIF

Relique

The one last week was just a taster.

In December, I'm confident we'll get

GoW Ragnarok gameplay
MGS trilogy Remake
Resistance Trilogy Remake
Silent Hill
PSV2 with Half Life Alyx as a launch game
GT7 gameplay
New Guerilla Games IP
Bloodborne 2

Plus, Dragons Dogma 2, Street Fighter 6, AvP arcade game port, FFXVI gameplay, new Ridge Racer, and a few indie titles.

That's what I'll be expecting.

Nice list. Maybe you will get all this over the span of 2-3 years worth of announcements.

DarthPutin

I doubt they've been holding back so much when they just announced Wolverine, which is a 2024 game at the earliest.
They definitely ARE developing a lot of games that will come out long before Wolverine, it's just silly to think otherwise. Just of the less exciting stuff we know for sure there is TLOU remake and ND's MP, which used to be Factions. There is Firewalk game in playable state, Cory confirmed to be working on another project, etc. Lots of stuff we don't know about as well. Left-field moneyhats like KOTOR... Oh, and FFXVI, which might be out next year or early 2023.

They wouldn't want to reveal everything at once and have nothing to show, plus making presentations takes lots of important time. Plus covid delays.

Doesn't mean this "leak" is true, sounds a bit too good to be honest. Maybe they'll show something at Games Awards? Or shorter showcase with PSVR and few lesser games, as everyone's predicting.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
After all the bullshit rumors that were supposed to manifest at the PS5 event last week, and the massive borefest that was the reality....you rumor mongering fucks can get bent. Im not believing anything anymore

Last edited:
The one last week was just a taster.

In December, I'm confident we'll get

GoW Ragnarok gameplay
MGS trilogy Remake
Resistance Trilogy Remake
Silent Hill
PSV2 with Half Life Alyx as a launch game
GT7 gameplay
New Guerilla Games IP
Bloodborne 2

Plus, Dragons Dogma 2, Street Fighter 6, AvP arcade game port, FFXVI gameplay, new Ridge Racer, and a few indie titles.

That's what I'll be expecting.
This has to be sarcasm, it is right?

vivftp

The info that came from the recent dev PSVR2 event claimed that the reveal for PSVR2 was coming early next year, and supposedly that info came from multiple sources who contacted the PSVR Without Parole folks. So either that info is wrong, or Sony misled the devs with fake info, or PSVR2 won't be at this December event, or this rumor is nonsense.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Not getting hyped again. I doubt they've been holding back so much when they just announced Wolverine, which is a 2024 game at the earliest.
Bro,

Naughty Dog's new IP
Uncharted
TLOU remake
Final Fantasy XVI
Sony Bend's new IP
Sony London's new AAA game
Lost Soul Aside
Pixelopus new game
Deviation Games PS5 exclusive
Firesprite's new game
TLOU 2 Factions
Haven's PS5 exclusive

Rumors or games being hinted at
Silent Hill
Remedy Games PS5 exclusive
Metal Gear Solid
Infamous
Resident Evil 4 remake
From Software's PS5 exclusive
Sly Cooper

They could have a lot to show not even including the rumors

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
It’s guy on Reddit has said some stuff that ended up happening, but he’s also said a lot of complete BS that was just trolling

Elios83

They renewed the trademark for the event during summer right?
It's not too far fetched since PSX were always in December.
Although the main goal of that event outside the conference was to let fans try things hands-on and now with covid it seems too soon to be able to use the same formula.
December might be a good opportunity to talk about PSVR2 and a few games that missed last week's event (and it seems won't be at TGS either) like Final Fantasy XVI.

Hunnybun

I can't see them having their own event right around the Game Awards. Makes no sense.

I think they'll probably show a Horizon trailer there, seems like a safe bet. MAYBE we get Bluepoint acquisition and MGS reveal too if we're very lucky.

Otherwise I think it's gonna be PSVR2 stuff next year then another showcase sometime in the summer, once their spate of spring games is done.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Wouldn't surprise me, not sure about the timing though.

Seems to me that the showcase event was, in essence, an extended State Of Play beefed-up with a bonus presentation highlighting Insomniac's Marvel reveals and the God Of War/Gran Turismo sequels.

That they left out the Death Stranding DC release was an odd omission, but then again they also didn't really do anything more than name-check Horizon 2... I can only guess their mentality was that they would only show stuff they haven't shown before.

I do not buy the idea that they aren't capable of showing a lot more, and not just PSVR2-related stuff. And it seems pretty obvious to me that Sony could have made the show an hour long if they'd chosen to format the show that way; that they didn't speaks volumes to me.

For whatever reason they seem to be more into drip-feeding announcements than big blow-outs. So I can see a December show, being of a similar scope to this last one.

There's also the TGA's to think about; I'd expect MS to go big on that given that the Series X was revealed at that event so I suspect that Sony might want to have something to counter with themselves.

Top Bottom