• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation event expected to be delayed (days), 3rd parties dropping to do own events

yurinka

Breaking news! 3rd party companies will announce or show games in their own social media channels and events! Never seen before!

And guess what: the platform holder will show both 1st party and 3rd party game for their console! What a surprise! I'm such an insider! Look at me! HEY YOU, LOOK AT ME!

P.S.: You may never guessed it, but there's a fucking global pandemic so a few things may be delayed a few days.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Meh; dude hears what he hears.. problem with taking rumors like this too seriously. Could be one person dropping and 3 more being added but he only hears about the dropped game/studio.

Or he could be hearing bullshit.

Best to just wait for formal announcements either way.

Bryank75

Banned
Huge mistake for any of them to pull out... I'll only be watching the PS event, I really don't care about most of the 3rd parties apart from maybe Elden Ring.

I have a feeling many will be like me, those games will miss loads of exposure. They really should be courting the platform that sells the most, which is PlayStation by far.

mortal

Gold Member
This sounds questionable. Who's Jeff Grubb? Is he a game journalist or an employee for a game company?

3rd party developers pulling out from what will be one of the most talked about gaming events of the summer, and foregoing all of that press and mindshare? Yea I doubt it.

We will all know in a few weeks anyway so it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

FranXico

This sounds questionable. Who's Jeff Grubb? Is he a game journalist or an employee for a game company?

3rd party developers pulling out from what will be one of the most talked about gaming events of the summer, and foregoing all of that press and mindshare? Yea I doubt it.

That has happened before, many times. People just don't normally find out about it. I suspect a lot of that happened in E3 2018, which contributed in great part to the very underwhelming Sony press conference.

T-Cake

So it will be especially interesting if third parties are doing their own thing, which platform they will choose to demo their games on.

mortal

Gold Member
That has happened before, many times. People just don't normally find out about it. I suspect a lot of that happened in E3 2018, which contributed in great part to the very underwhelming Sony press conference.
Fair enough. Still I'm not seeing why developers wouldn't want their games shown alongside the PS5 unveiling. All eyes will be on that event.

At least there isn't much wait left till we know officially what's what.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So wait a minute, an unannounced event is delayed?

raw

SleepDoctor

Banned
Isn't this the same moron who said the Geoff game unveiled would be a "_____man" game? If so yea, im not buy shit he selling

I would guess that Sony has enough first party stuff to show off on their own, at least for a nice half hour or so stream (I dunno how long the event is supposed to be), let alone any nice third party stuff they can show as well. Not to mention, the console itself.

Maybe the June 4th date never happens but since that was never truly confirmed (right?) I think early June (before June 10th) is still gonna be the target.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I forgot about that but im still doubtfall thats what he meant.

That's exactly what he meant, because it was from a song in the OG games.

I am not a fan of his trigglypuff ass either, but he is being fed and it's not "insider leaks", it's probably by design.

Delay again what new lol

How do you delay and non announcement?

Last edited:
That's exactly what he meant, because it was from a song in the OG games.

I am not a fan of his trigglypuff ass either, but he is being fed and it's not "insider leaks", it's probably by design.

How do you delay and non announcement?
The non announcement is being delay it is delayception

Most companies already have their E3 style events scheduled don't they? It would make sense that they'd want to feature their games at their shows, hell Sony's last couple of E3's before the dropped the event all together hardly featured any 3rd party content.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Huge mistake for any of them to pull out... I'll only be watching the PS event, I really don't care about most of the 3rd parties apart from maybe Elden Ring.

I have a feeling many will be like me, those games will miss loads of exposure. They really should be courting the platform that sells the most, which is PlayStation by far.
This is what I came to say. What better platform to show your game on. You know so many eyes will be on anything PS5 related and look at all of the positive feedback for the UE5 demo

ethomaz

Banned
I’m not sure if it is a good choice by 3rd-parties.
The exposure you got in a PS event is something you will never get with the own game event.

BTW how do you delay something not announced?

Last edited:

someone doesn’t like video games. U must think red dead sucks because it’s not exclusive and looks best on Xbox. Games are games regardless of platform. I mainly play Xbox but I’m very excited what we see from Nintendo and Sony this year

sol_bad

It sounds questionable because these things are usually organised months in advance and I wouldn't be surprised if contracts were involved. I doubt 3rd parties can just walk away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom