• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Dev: PlayStation Has “Some Bangers” Out “This Year,” Not Ragnarok but “Equally Cool”

Where’s the new ips? This goes for Xbox as well. Yeah GT, halo, ratchet, forza horizon are all great but Sony more so than MS has always had at least one big new ip at the start of a new gen.
Well, Returnal was great.

There's also Destruction All-Stars, but that didn't turn out great.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
images
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

;)

Kokoloko85

More crap rumours. Bring back E3 so w dont have to deal with this shit. All we’ve had is rumours since September 2020 and two 1st party announcement (Spiderman2/Wolverine) everything else is BS rumours.

Supposedly every studio in the world is being bough by Playstation and they are all making triple AAA games and online games for them…..

Ragnarök was hinted at in 2019 and officially announced in the summer of 2020

all while it was basically confirmed literally right after GoW4 launched as the ending teases the sequel and developers gave hints too and always handled it like it's a given thing

that is not comparable to a game that apparently has not even been teased yet...
Ragnarok wasn't officially announced until that teaser with the logo in 2020. But my point is, it wasn't shown until late last year.

Sony has 18 studios and we don't know anything about most of them. Even games like Wolverine that have release dates for next year we only have a pre-rendered video.

Sony has changed how they market their games. Trying to predict their moves makes no sense.

VR2 is coming this year and we have yet to see any games for it except that Horizon one. Does that mean it's releasing without games?

Unknown?

Sony isn't known for announcing big AAA titles close to launch, they are usually announced and promoted for at least a year if not two or more ahead of launch.

so there's basically no way this is actually something super substantial. most likely either a remaster/remake or a smaller, maybe MP online game
Are you living in the past? This is why people don't like current Sony, they don't announce things super far out like the PS3 era. No one knows anything they're working on whereas PS3 we knew everything mostly even if it was still in design phase.

Salz01

I just want to see something new and exclusive for PS5, I mean it’s been ages since they showed an exclusive title. And I’m not talking about TokyoGhostwire that Dishonored game I forgot about or any PsVR2 game. Want PS5 exclusive not on PC game.

Hezekiah

Banned
Factions? Guerrilla Games multiplayer?

I am expecting them to hold on to the remake to launch it alongside the HBO series. The remake itself doesn't make any sense to me unless it's made to capitalize on the series, given how good the original games still looks.
These are my most anticipated games on the horizon given that Spiderman and Wolverine are further off.

These are my most anticipated games on the horizon given that Spiderman and Wolverine are further off.
I can't wait for Factions, I'm not that into multiplayer games anymore but the gameplay in TLoU2 was so smooth that it seems like a perfect fit for something like this.

I don't understand why it's taking them so long to show us something.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Cool. Excited to finally see more than just some person's words on the internet.

MAKE ME PEE OUT MY BUTT!

Last edited:

DJ12

More crap rumours. Bring back E3 so w dont have to deal with this shit. All we’ve had is rumours since September 2020 and two 1st party announcement (Spiderman2/Wolverine) everything else is BS rumours.

Supposedly every studio in the world is being bough by Playstation and they are all making triple AAA games and online games for them…..
It's hardly in the same league as Jeff grubb. This is an actual dev saying he's been working on something for years that hasn't been revealed that should be soon.

Whether it's as good as he's making out, time will tell but I'd imagine it at least looks the part.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It's hardly in the same league as Jeff grubb. This is an actual dev saying he's been working on something for years that hasn't been revealed that should be soon.

Whether it's as good as he's making out, time will tell but I'd imagine it at least looks the part.
Yup like most of the games Sony VASG works on, it's going to look incredible graphically

Gee whizz I can't wait for what open world third person action adventure we have in store for us next!

Until Sony dump cash into another genre. I'll continue to keep my expectations low. I want them to re-invest in shooters, have some half decent multiplayer? SOMETHING?!

Last edited:
Where’s the new ips? This goes for Xbox as well. Yeah GT, halo, ratchet, forza horizon are all great but Sony more so than MS has always had at least one big new ip at the start of a new gen.
As far as big new IPs Sony had Days Gone and Death Stranding in 2019, Dreams and Ghost of Tsushima in 2020, Returnal in 2021.
I think it's the first time since 2011 where they aren't pushing a big new IP release.

2022 looks like a down year in that regard but I don't think we can jump to conclusions. It's unlikely but there's still time for something to make it to this year (most likely a multiplayer game).

Last edited:

Jennings

Oh yes, that's what I'm talking about. Deliver unto us the goods. And if you have the time, try to figure out if your 3-5 years worth of work is 3 years or 5 years... or maybe 3 years with so much crunch it's actually 5 years worth of work.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Gee whizz I can't wait for what open world third person action adventure we have in store for us next!

Until Sony dump cash into another genre. I'll continue to keep my expectations low. I want them to re-invest in shooters, have some half decent multiplayer? SOMETHING?!
Did you buy their new rogue shooter Returnal?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sony basically launched this years AAA games everything in the first three months (horizon, GT7) they’re trying to build factories to make more console.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
This is such a dumb complaint, by this you're stating Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon, Ratchet and Uncharted are all very similar when in reality they play nothing alike.
They play the same. I played Uncharted 4 with Nathan Drake aided by his brother Sam the robot going through the jungle avoiding bullets with Drake's spidey sense while throwing axes and calling them back and later fighting large robot dinosaurs. What game did you play? 🤔

I wasn't a fan of Ghost of Tsushima as the game didn't suprise me. I really wanted aliens or robot dinosaurs to fight but they had me fighting Mongols (low key racist if you ask me). How can it be a game in Japan where invading Mongols are the enemy? Not realistic.

Something something DLC.

Top Bottom