• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Critics' Choice Sale - Now LIVE

OnionSnake

Banned
Starts on 2/3/2021

US: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/fcbd086e-70ff-40a1-8829-26d894abe9f3

EU: https://store.playstation.com/category/e150c9b1-f2c5-4965-8429-bcbae197eb0c

"Selection of Heavy Hitters" :
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gold PS4 & PS5
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • Doom Eternal Standard Edition
  • FIFA 21 Champions Edition PS4 & PS5
  • God of War Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Grand Theft Auto V Premium Online Edition
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising PS4 & PS5
  • Madden NFL 21 PS4 & PS5
  • Need for Speed Heat Deluxe Edition
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Resident Evil 3
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice – Game of the Year Edition
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2
  • UFC 4
  • Watch Dogs: Legion – Standard Edition

Last edited:

nowhat

Anyone played Immortal Fenyx Rising on PS4? Does it run good enough? While I'm still waiting my PS5 preorder (my retailer just let me know they've just about cleared preorders made before the official reveal...), having the game available for both 4 and 5 is nice.

Anyone played Immortal Fenyx Rising on PS4? Does it run good enough? While I'm still waiting my PS5 preorder (my retailer just let me know they've just about cleared preorders made before the official reveal...), having the game available for both 4 and 5 is nice.

Consider subscribing to this channel if you are interested in such stuff. I like it much better than digital foundry. No opinions, just shows as is.

DonJorginho

Banned
Decided to pick up Borderlands 3 Season Pass so I could play through the DLC with the PS5 upgrade.

The stories in the DLC are supposedly much better which was my only flaw of Borderlands 3, aside from the story of the main game I thought it was a far better game than the previous three in the series.

I made the mistake of buying one dlc full price a few days ago but I'm still saving £16 so happy days!

nowhat

Consider subscribing to this channel if you are interested in such stuff. I like it much better than digital foundry. No opinions, just shows as is.

Thanks - looks to be pretty solid 30 on a Pro, good enough for me. Downloading right now. This is actually the first Ubisoft game since... I can't even recall when, that I'm eager to try out. The name (and the name change controversy that goes along with it) sounds really meh, but I've been hearing good things.

Ar¢tos

Sekiro launched nearly 2 years ago and never went below 45€... I hate Activision so much.
Borderlands 3 released about 6 months later than Sekiro and it's already under 20...

Last edited:
I just bought the first 2 Batman game remasters "Return to Arkham" for $10 last week and now they have that plus Arkham Knight for $15. I already had Arkham Knight from the PS Plus collection.

PSN should do a better job of keeping track of what you have already because it would totally let me buy this Arkham Collection when I already own all of the games.

OnionSnake

Banned
I just bought the first 2 Batman game remasters "Return to Arkham" for $10 last week and now they have that plus Arkham Knight for $15. I already had Arkham Knight from the PS Plus collection.

PSN should do a better job of keeping track of what you have already because it would totally let me buy this Arkham Collection when I already own all of the games.
Should have a system like Steam where you can buy the bundles at a reduced cost if you own parts of them

Fox Mulder

They already do it sometimes. The app says I purchased the heavy rain & beyond two souls collection that’s on sale, even though I only got them separately from PS+.

OnionSnake

Banned
Overall pretty meh sale, want to play Sekiro but it never drops in price. Grabbed Agents of Mayhem because the game is full on broken on PC but seems to work well on PS5. Anyone have recommendations of these smaller indie titles?

Sekiro launched nearly 2 years ago and never went below 45€... I hate Activision so much.
Borderlands 3 released about 6 months later than Sekiro and it's already under 20...
Yeah, but if you want the full BL3 experience you need to shell out much more for all DLC and it has gotten a 2nd season pass, meaning you have to pay even more. Sekiro doesn't have any paid DLC.

Gearbox wants to sell season passes, they have to sell the base game for cheap.

Overall pretty meh sale, want to play Sekiro but it never drops in price. Grabbed Agents of Mayhem because the game is full on broken on PC but seems to work well on PS5. Anyone have recommendations of these smaller indie titles?
Agents of Mayhem has issues with HDR on PS5, turn it off or the game crashes.

People were requesting to be able to buy games, even if they already have them on PS+.

Yeah, I get that, I still think there's a better way of making it clear to you what games you already own though.
I guess? Honestly, I think you should know what games you've already purchased. If you're making the mistake of buying the same product multiple times, that's kind of on you.

Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville = $4.00 buckaroo's.

GET ITTT!!!!

Nevermind, $9.99... :messenger_grinning_squinting:.... still get it...in lower case.

Witcher 3: Complete Edition for $10.00 is not bad.

Last edited:
I guess? Honestly, I think you should know what games you've already purchased. If you're making the mistake of buying the same product multiple times, that's kind of on you.
It gets difficult when there's a listing for Arkham Collection and a listing for Return to Arkham and at first glance they seem like vastly different things.

Afterparty. That game has not been on sale for a year and is finally cheap. Got myself Phantom Doctrine ane Gravity Rush Remaster as well.

drotahorror

Pretty lame to have the "digital deluxe" edition on sale for God of War that contains no additional game content and not have the vanilla version on sale.

Dthomp

does it compare well to the Sony first party games?

It's likely a step down from the big Sony 1st party games in my eyes. I still really enjoyed the game though. Combat wasn't soul crushing the way Soulsborne games are, but still slightly challenging at times, found the story to be good...maybe my expectations are low for SW video games though? A solid 7.5-8 out of 10 for me, so I'd say $20 bucks is a good deal. Maybe others can chime in with more thoughts

SkylineRKR

I bit the bullet late 2019. I bought it for 49. I expected to be ripped off but surprised the game still never went on sale. Its worth it though.

FrankWza

What kind of game is it?
That’s the thing. It spends too much time trying to incorporate different genres. It hits more than it misses but it could have been spectacular if they focused more on the combat/lightsaber battles. It’s good though.

Trogdor1123

That’s the thing. It spends too much time trying to incorporate different genres. It hits more than it misses but it could have been spectacular if they focused more on the combat/lightsaber battles. It’s good though.
I was told it was a Metroid Vania kind of game, that true?

EDMIX

What kind of game is it?

Very action adventure with exploring like a Metroid game, but not open world. You go to many large planets that are like open maps, some large room puzzles. You get different abilities, like if you see a crack in the wall on one planet, you can get some ability and then go back to that planet and solve that puzzle at a later time.

Combat is also very fun, its not Demon Souls hard, but the structure is similar. Also lots of platforming like wall running, double jump etc.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Very action adventure with exploring like a Metroid game, but not open world. You go to many large planets that are like open maps, some large room puzzles. You get different abilities, like if you see a crack in the wall on one planet, you can get some ability and then go back to that planet and solve that puzzle at a later time.

Combat is also very fun, its not Demon Souls hard, but the structure is similar. Also lots of platforming like wall running, double jump etc.
I was told it was a Metroid Vania kind of game, that true?
Also, play on at least Jedi master.

OnionSnake

Banned
I finished it on the 1X and am playing it again fresh on the PS5. Love the game. Definitely worth $20 (you can get the deluxe for $30 with the $10 upgrade).
I think they made all this content free, or at least on the PC. I didn't buy the collectors edition and I got all of this collectors edition crap for free.

I finished it on the 1X and am playing it again fresh on the PS5. Love the game. Definitely worth $20 (you can get the deluxe for $30 with the $10 upgrade).

played 30 mins so far

very impressed by the production values, animation, and graphics. 60 FPS is really nice. Mechanics are solid.

only complaint is there’s no HDR

glad I picked it up

Top Bottom