• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation confirm 99% of PS4 games will be playable on PS5 at launch

geordiemp

Why were they so cagey about it before? Made it sound like only the top 50 games or something would run.

Cerny said in May that the top 100 played ps4 titles were tested in Ps5 boost mode and they were pleased with the performance.

That is not saying 100 titles only, thats saying 100 top titles boosted nicely that were tested at that time, in May.

Note that has been misinterpreted allot to only 100 titles, and now 50 by you.

Please read carefully before typing.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
I think it's very well possible that literally every single PS4 game is playable on PS5 considering their hardware BC efforts and the only reason Sony is rolling with that 99% metric is to stay on the safe side.
I for one cannot come up with a game that shouldn't work on PS5.
Maybe something that requires weird peripherals?
Idk.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think it's very well possible that literally every single PS4 game is playable on PS5 considering their hardware BC efforts and the only reason Sony is rolling with that 99% metric is to stay on the safe side.
Idk.
Hoping my Rock Band 4 and massive DLC library can still work with my wireless guitar on the PS5.

MurfHey

Idk.
Delisted games that people still have on their systems. I.e. PT

yurinka

Dope. Kinda already had all of my wants basically confirmed by the PS Plus news, but always good to hear someone other than Jim Ryan confirming for the rest lol

I'd assume they at least automatically get the better load times, and should be better than throwing an SSD in a PS4 too.

edit: LOL Sony.. I still wish they'd just say the damn words AT LAUNCH in these statements.. really feels like that's purposeful at this point leaving it out, but who knows.
Sony said they had to test the BC games one by one. Now they say approximately 99 of the thousands of PS4 titles will be playable, so this means they already tested them, so these approx. 99% are ready.

As of now Series X BC supports 961 games, and MS told the journalists that in the upcoming days they will update it to add 'hundreds of games more'.

Last edited:
My mighty experience screams that she absolutely loves big.
13da4c1551015c2c87403c4f5f4fe6ab.gif

Neolombax

Would've liked maybe a list of games instead of a sweeping statement like this. Saying 99% of pS4 games are playble just makes me wonder what that 1% consists of.

Coconutt

My concern is how to get the PS4 games on PS5, will all downloaded games purchased on ps4 transfer to ps5, what about disc based games, can I go ahead and sell them or need to hold on to them and put inside ps5?

dotnotbot

My concern is how to get the PS4 games on PS5, will all downloaded games purchased on ps4 transfer to ps5, what about disc based games, can I go ahead and sell them or need to hold on to them and put inside ps5?

Need to hold them of course and keep in drive while playing, otherwise you could get them for free by borrowing PS4 discs.

Last edited:
FFS people the site literally says "When you sign in to PS5 with your account for PlayStation Network, you will automatically see your library of played PS4 content through the menu." Unless they've lost all their marbles and Playstation network isnt actually available at launch, THE GAMES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH

Yoboman

You're asking if you can sell your games but still own them digitally?

Maybe consider how silly that is

Top Bottom