• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

News PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year polls are live

Fake

Dec 20, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

The PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year polls are now live and awaiting your votes! We’ve got 17 categories this year, featuring returning favorites as well as a couple new ones that integrate PlayStation 5 into the mix. One quick note: Cyberpunk 2077 will be eligible for next year’s Game of the Year awards given its release timing.

These polls will remain open until 11:59pm Pacific on Sunday, December 13. After they close, we’ll tabulate the results and reveal all the winners later in the month. Don’t see your favorite game nominated? Each category is open to write-ins as well, so drop ’em in there!

Last edited:
Reactions: Arkam and Mabdia

mitch1971

Jul 7, 2013
Earth, sometimes.
Neil you looking for this...?

Clear

Deer/Dur
Feb 2, 2009
Nioh 2. Best (Samurai) PS exclusive of the year. Hands down. Easy. And the 3rd expansion isn't out til the 17th.

Reactions: EDMIX

ethomaz

is mad because DF didn't do a video on a video of a video of a video on PS5
Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
That the game might be released on PS5 despite MS owning the IP?
It was announced for PS5.
There is no other info about it.

Bethesda game - we know Microsoft will make them xbox/pc only once it's safe to stop lying.
That is fine but it is yet listed as a PS5 game.
There is no cancellation for what I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezekiel_666x

Mabdia

Dec 3, 2020
Brazil
It was announced for PS5.
There is no other info about it.

That is fine but it is yet listed as a PS5 game.
There is no cancellation for what I know.

Well... it was announced before MS bought Bethesda. Right? MS might want all the ips owned by then to be released only on MS OS.

We know almost nothing about how things will work in the announced games. Or in future games.

ethomaz

Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
Well... it was announced before MS bought Bethesda. Right? MS might want all the ips owned by then to be released only on MS OS.

We know almost nothing about how things will work in the announced games. Or in future games.
It will probably will be canceled but depend of the actual contract... maybe even MS can't cancel it and they will have to launch on PS5.
Future announces will be Xbox | PC only.

The point is you can't make a pool with most anticipated games on PS5 without put one of the most anticipated games announced for PS5 in the list.

Last edited:

Mabdia

Dec 3, 2020
Brazil
@ ethomaz ethomaz

You right. But you Can't do a pool with a game that will not be released in your platform.

That's why it is really interesting to the ones who wishes to play it, see it in a pool that, somehow, confirms that the game is still planned to be released in your platform of choice.

cudiye

Jun 4, 2016
Astro deserves the best use of haptics so far. Demon soul’s PS5 GOTY.

Also...

Studio of the Year nominees

Naughty Dog

“...Naughty Dog animator hospitalized from crunch...”

“...70 percent of Uncharted 4 designers left Naughty Dog following the game’s [TLOU2] release...”

Co-President of Naughty Dog.

ethomaz

Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
@ ethomaz ethomaz

You right. But you Can't do a pool with a game that will not be released in your platform.

That's why it is really interesting to the ones who wishes to play it, see it in a pool that, somehow, confirms that the game is still planned to be released in your platform of choice.
Is the game canceled to PS5? That is my point... the game is still listed as a PlayStation game.

Edit - BTW seems like it become news:

Last edited:
Reactions: kingpotato

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
For gaming moment of the year i chose power rangers battle for the grid combo where i literally lost all my team to one combo. I have never encountered such bullshit in a fighting game.

Thicc Team Six

Master Chief
May 18, 2020
I had to use the write in feature. All of these other games on there. Sony, what are you doing?

kingpotato

Aug 16, 2013
Phoenix AZ
What the fuck is an "accessibility feature"?
Last of Us 2 had a bunch that allow you to do all kinds of stuff not only with the difficulty of different elements, but visual elements, audio, subtitles and text. It was actually kind of impressive how many options they packed in to allow you to customize the game how you would like.

Captain Toad

I advertise for PlayStation. For free.
Dec 1, 2020
Just among PlayStation console exclusives, this is difficult. I'd go with Demon's Souls. I don't care that it's a remake, it's one hell of a remake and for one of my favorite games ever.

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
While I want to vote for Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition... I am gonna have to vote against my heart on best narrative. Lol... voted for 13 Sentinels.

Kerlurk

May 1, 2020
I voted for Abby just to troll the insecure manlets.

Oh noooo, I've been triggered. I can't handle a strong woooMAN!

Or is it a ugly manThing, that wants nothing to do with femininity.

Last edited: