• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation.Blog 2020 Game of the Year: The winners

mortal

Gold Member
giphy.gif
A jerking off gesture seems more appropriate in this case lol

So no love for Souls even from your own.
To my knowledge it's not on any list as it released in December. Will likely be eligible next year.

Boss Mog

LOL....... no convincing. Just reminding. And gloating. I love gloating about The Last Of Us 2 success. Pretty sad right? Goes in conjunction with that sad floppy hate train that just never prevailed.
It prevailed just fine:
EouQN-7UcAIpiGg.jpg

An award that actually means something rather than worthless unilateral praise from the woke "games journalists".

Last edited:

Hugare

I'm enjoying GoT, as a 8/10 game

Opinions and all, but thinking that it should beat TLoU 2 is fucking wild to me

Like comparing Days Gone to God of War. 2 quality games, but one is clearly better than the other in most regards.

YCoCg

The only that really pisses me off is "Sound Design" as TLOU2 has some basic bitch shit going on where as GoT had brilliant attention to detail and was one of the best examples of the entire generation.

Valentino

It prevailed just fine:
EouQN-7UcAIpiGg.jpg

An award that actually means something rather than worthless unilateral praise from the woke "games journalists".

Wtf. GoT greatly deserved that award. But don't be flinging that at me like it's the be all end all in contrast to the scope of other awards LoU2 won (along with the sales and reviews)
The Last of Us can't get a slither of praise without some dumb fuck whacking out the word "WOKKKEEEE!"
The most overused, misused word I've heard all year.
Well I'm glad you have this meaningful 'be all end all' award that you can always look to and wipe those pissed off tears when TLoU keep getting talked about and awards. God I'd hate to be you. Your so woke ermhagerddd

Boss Mog

Wtf. GoT greatly deserved that award. But don't be flinging that at me like it's the be all end all in contrast to the scope of other awards LoU2 won (along with the sales and reviews)
The Last of Us can't get a slither of praise without some dumb fuck whacking out the word "WOKKKEEEE!"
The most overused, misused word I've heard all year.
Well I'm glad you have this meaningful 'be all end all' award that you can always look to and wipe those pissed off tears when TLoU keep getting talked about and awards. God I'd hate to be you. Your so woke ermhagerddd
The fact that you have to resort to calling me a dumb fuck to try and make your point (whatever it may be :pie_eyeroll: ) shows how weak your argument is. I don't care if TLOU2 is woke or not and I never said that was the reason for thinking it's overrated and unworthy of its meaningless awards. My point is that wokeness has become the most important factor taken into account by games journalists when coming up with their review scores these days. Sometimes they don't even play the games, as evidenced by that woman from Gamespot that reviewed Cyberpunk without trying 75% of what it had to offer. A lot of sites wouldn't even review Kingdom Come Deliverance because it didn't include black people in 15th century Bohemia; that's the level of mental illness these people possess. Awards voted by these people are meaningless to me and most gamers. The awards that matter are the ones voted on by gamers, and according to them Ghost of Tsushima is GOTY.

THEAP99

Banned
It prevailed just fine:
EouQN-7UcAIpiGg.jpg

TLOU2 has won the most awards currently by fans and critics alike. Stop cherry picking one award where disingenuous bastards from 4chan were inflating the votes. and yet tlou2 still managed #2 despite all the other games as well.

what this tells me is that tlou2 is another great hit from naughty dog! congrats!

TheAssist

To me its weird how little attention FF7 Remake gets in all this. My personal game of the generation. Sure its a JRPGS, so it has limited mass appeal, but still. Much more fun than any of the (still very good) Sony exclusives (that I also enjoyed this year, including Dreams).

Demons Souls had the best gameplay. My first Souls game and now I understand. Downloaded Bloodborn today, hope it bearable in 1080p with bad framepacing on 4k monitor.

Ghost of Tsushima the best Open World and general atmosphere and also multiplayer if you can believe it.

FF7 Remake has the best story and characters and I loved the gameplay. The music is simply the best there ever was. Period.

Spiderman MM is more Spiderman. Its alright, but I realized I actually didnt need more Spiderman, it was good while it lasted, but I had my fill. Also I dont really like Miles as Spiderman. Kinda annoying the dude. I like the more grown up versions.

Last of Us part 2 was good in parts, but overall longer than it had any right to be. Game would have been good at 18 hours. 27 (in my case) was ways way waaaayyy to long. Got tired of the gameplay and the world. The new characters werent bad, but they werent Joel either. By no means a bad game, but if I am hones, I didnt have a ton of fun while playing.

And Cyberpunk I just refunded. To my own surprise. I actually could have looked over the technical issues. I played the game for about 90 mins and really didnt do anything interesting in that time. Also the UI is extremely hard to read. Who thought blue and red UI and fonts in a mostly blue and red world is a good idea.

Just my opinions of course, if you enjoyed the games I didnt like, I am happy for you and you can tell me why you think they are the best :)

Boss Mog

TLOU2 has won the most awards currently by fans and critics alike. Stop cherry picking one award where disingenuous bastards from 4chan were inflating the votes. and yet tlou2 still managed #2 despite all the other games as well.

what this tells me is that tlou2 is another great hit from naughty dog! congrats!
I picked it because it's by far the biggest award chosen by gamers. It didn't go your way so of course it was "4chan interference" Reminds me of the "Russian interference" I kept hearing about for 4 years.

Woggleman

I don't like wokeness myself and TLOU2 is my game of the year. I just loved everything about it and I like dark and complex stories. If it weren't for all the bugs and issues Cyberpunk probably would have been second in place and the woke mob can't stand it so I don't care about the stupid divide when it comes to games or anything else.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I picked it because it's by far the biggest award chosen by gamers. It didn't go your way so of course it was "4chan interference" Reminds me of the "Russian interference" I kept hearing about for 4 years.

Do you have any proof that the majority of journalist voted for TLOU 2 or gave the game a good score because the game is woke?

Nah... you don't.

There's actual proof on Reddit and 4Chan where people asked members to vote for Ghost because they didn't want to see the Last of Us Part II win. Did this result in a win? We don't know, but we know that it actually happened.

TLOU 2 has won many Player Choice Awards, even more than GoT. People need to realize that there's many gamers who enjoyed TLOU 2 because they thought it was an actual good game.

Woggleman

When I looked at that screen showing Cyberpunk was the number one game on PSN for last week I noticed TLOU2 is still in the top ten so where do people get this stuff about sales falling off a cliff?

Ellery

Great to see!

The output from Naughty Dog during the PS4 generation was amazing with TLOU2 being the absolute best we have ever seen right at the very end. I don't want to complain about the missing PS5 patch too much because I've done it so many time already.

Congrats and I hope to hear and see whatever they are working on not too far from now, though I think it will take some time.

Rubik8

I just rolled credits on LoU2 last night and I thought it was amazing (not flawless, but tragically beautiful). I’m starting GoT tomorrow and based on all the praise, I think I’m in for a treat. Having getting the platinum on Miles Morales already on ps5, and slowly picking my way through Demon’s Souls, 2020 has been a great year for gaming. The haters can all get fucked, all of the nominees are excellent.

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
Do you have any proof that the majority of journalist voted for TLOU 2 or gave the game a good score because the game is woke?

Nah... you don't.

There's actual proof on Reddit and 4Chan where people asked members to vote for Ghost because they didn't want to see the Last of Us Part II win. Did this result in a win? We don't know, but we know that it actually happened.

TLOU 2 has won many Player Choice Awards, even more than GoT. People need to realize that there's many gamers who enjoyed TLOU 2 because they thought it was an actual good game.

LOL fanboy logic is hilarious. So are the award votes rigged or are they only rigged when your game doesn't win? Imagine saying 4Chan and Reddit were recruiting people for this, when one group can rig the entire thing if they really put their autism to it. Just enjoy your game

I skipped playing the following game until i can play them on ps5 :
The last of us part 2
Ghost of tsushima
Days gone
Death stranding

SkylineRKR

TLOU2 is a legit good game. It looks and plays well, good sound, good VA, immersive game. I think its better than the first, its encounter design is much better and there is less repetition (lack of rafts and plank puzzles help).

But it wasn't my number one. I enjoyed Tsushima more. Being a Samurai in a grounded open world AAA game was something I wanted for some time.

VulcanRaven

Someone post that picture of Biden giving himself a medal
This was voted by players so Sony didn't decide the winners. The blog post says that over 2.5 million people voted.

I wonder why Miles Morales was voted as Best New Character? He was already playable in the first game and he isn't a new character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom